AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 12:42   Link #21
Rhys
Interweb crawler

I agree mippa, Narimiya Hiroki is awesome. His drunk scene on the snow, the train scene... I'm looking forward to see him in Nana 2.

Nakashima Mika is good for dark Oosaki parts, but she can't do the lighter, funnier parts. Too bad because I think her looks and voice are perfect.

I'm disappointed in Ren/Nana though. Can't see the chemistry. Ren is too cool and distant...
Spoiler:
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 15:04   Link #22
Ruka

Send a message via AIM to Ruka Send a message via MSN to Ruka Send a message via Yahoo to Ruka
The live-Action movie was really good in my opinion. I really dont want to spoil anything for the people who hasnt watched it yet.

All I wanna say, I really felt bad for Hachi . Cuz of the things that happend to her in the movie. Nana did not really loose anything else besides her boyfriend, Ren. But Hachi lost a lot stuff. But In the end, I was really happy for her^^.

-Ruka
Ruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:39   Link #23
dainichijess

Does the Live-eviL version use a really new codec or something? I can't get the sound to work (I tried VideoLAN and Winamp- Winamp only played video, and LAN locked up).
dainichijess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 15:30   Link #24
misakichii

hmm....i've read a little of the manga and seen a little of the anime and seen the movie.....so i think that the movie's not gonna ruin anything at all. since the movie seemed to be missing lots of scenes. and especially because it stopped at vol 5. that movie was okay but because it just kinda stopped in the middle like that i wasn't really satisfied.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 00:18   Link #25
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by dainichijess
Does the Live-eviL version use a really new codec or something? I can't get the sound to work (I tried VideoLAN and Winamp- Winamp only played video, and LAN locked up).
it is in 5.1, but um i didn't notice anything. I use the playback method suggested on the main animesuki site and playback in Media Player Classic.
Old 2006-06-16, 02:32   Link #26
jtrog

I liked it, gives more of a reason to watch the anime version.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:02   Link #27
howzitboy

i loved the movie. great songs and lotsa fun. but, to me the hachi in the movie just didnt seem to be the nana of the manga. she was way to pretty/city girl imho. the rocker nana was awesome. rugged and hmm fun.
cant wait for second movie to come out
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 05:03   Link #28
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, NANA 2 is coming in December, which is quite soon.

Some of you must have heard that Aoi Miyazaki (who played Hachi) did not want to re-sign for the second movie because of the plot (let's just say that there's a lot of sex involved), so, as expected, she has been replaced.

Her substitute is Yui Ichikawa, some kind of an actress-cum-swimsuit-idol. Here's what she looks like.

Additionally, Ren's new actor is Kyou Nobuo, which is great, because he looks a lot more Ren-like that that lifeless Ryuhei Matsuda.

The rest are the same, which is good in all cases except the guy who played Shinichi (and looks nothing like Shin). But, oh well, at least Mika Nakashima and Narimiya are back. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 06:38   Link #29
Cassidy

I hate that Aoi Miyazaki isnt coming back. It kind of leaves a shadow over the entire thing. She really did an excellent job with her portrayal of hachi, much more likeable than the anime version of the character.
I find it kind of sad that the reason Aoi left the role was because she wants to maintain her image. Well for me, her image just took a huge dent.
But whatever. I hope the new actress has the same screen presence and illictis the same chemistry with the wonderful Mika Nakashima. If their relationship isnt believable then the film will likely suffer.
Still, i'm very much so looking forward to it.
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 10:35   Link #30
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... Cassidy ... thought about that the Anime might be closer to what the Manga played up to? ... Hachi is from far an angel ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 16:39   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not to sure if this belongs here, or its own thread..

A teaser trailer for the second movie has now appeared on the official site.

http://www.nana2-movie.com/

Also, the movie shall premiere in Japan on December 9th. ^_^
Old 2006-08-30, 17:40   Link #32
wilsonx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Well, NANA 2 is coming in December, which is quite soon.

Some of you must have heard that Aoi Miyazaki (who played Hachi) did not want to re-sign for the second movie because of the plot (let's just say that there's a lot of sex involved), so, as expected, she has been replaced.

Her substitute is Yui Ichikawa, some kind of an actress-cum-swimsuit-idol. Here's what she looks like.

Additionally, Ren's new actor is Kyou Nobuo, which is great, because he looks a lot more Ren-like that that lifeless Ryuhei Matsuda.

The rest are the same, which is good in all cases except the guy who played Shinichi (and looks nothing like Shin). But, oh well, at least Mika Nakashima and Narimiya are back. 8)
:S

I'll miss Aoi Miyazaki playing Hachi, she did a great job on the first one.

But I'm happy they're replacing Ren, hopefully he'll be able to do the part
wilsonx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 17:56   Link #33
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Though Aoi Miyazaki looks nothing like Nana in the manga/anime, she had a certain charisma and I grew to like her the most.

The thing is, this new Nana actress looks more like manga Nana. Hmm...
Old 2006-08-30, 22:17   Link #34
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

The NANA Live Action movie was great, in my opinion. There were a few parts I wasn't to keen about, but on the whole it was pretty solid. I felt most of the characters played their parts quite well (I loved the drunken Nobu intro~). And the ending, man that ending is just too good! Gets me every time, no matter what the format!

The live shows throughout the movie were pretty good too...you really got the feeling of those underground style shows where 60 people are crammed in a 20x20 floorspace xD

In regards to NANA 2, it looks good but I must say I'm disappointed in the change of roles. Could be worse though. I felt Aoi Miyazaki really played Hachi well but the looks were a bit off. The opposite can be said about Ryuhei Matsuda, I felt he portrayed Ren perfectly but the acting was just a bit off. Either way, I just hate having characters changed...regardless, it will deffinately be another good show!
Old 2006-09-05, 16:22   Link #35
Mephisto2k
anime4life

OMG. How could i have missed this up till now. I read news about the nana2 trailer and I go like: what the heck; i heavent even see the first one!!
Ima go ahead and watch the movie right away, and then the second one, when its out.
From what ive seen from the screenshots, the actors look really similar to the anime ones.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 00:42   Link #36
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Saw the trailer for the NANA 2 movie. Good stuff, very moving.

Things I liked:

- new Hachi is good. No worse than the previous one.

- Shin and Nobu actually start resembling people their age. One of my major problems with the first movie was that Shin didn't look anything like a teenager. He's still not there, but it's closer. Which is strange, since it's the exact same actor. They've just made him... I don't know... look younger?

- Nana's theme song, Hitoiro, is awesome.

Things I wasn't so crazy about:

- new Ren isn't much better than the old one, at least from the trailer. We'll see, of course... but why do they always use a short guy? I mean, Ren is supposed to be freakishly tall.

All in all, it's just a trailer. Good for a little morsel, but not really telling us much more. Still, it made me look forward to the movie even more.
Old 2006-11-22, 05:24   Link #37
andromeda0201

They changed the actor for Shin, for the last movie they used Kenichi Matsuyama (aka L in Death Note Live Action), now they used a much younger actor, probably the age that Shin should be... Hougou Kanata (aka Ryoma in Prince of Tennis Live Action)
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:47   Link #38
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

For those interested, here's a music video for Mika Nakashima's song "Hitoiro", which is the main theme of the second NANA Live Action movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9EEt3JqW0

It's not really punk, but, all things considered, it's a pretty good song. And I am still amazed at how much Nana-like Mika really is. This is a definitive portrayal, no doubt about it.
Old 2006-12-16, 11:15   Link #39
bluemist
i am the mist

I watched NANA2 in the theater!

Spoiler for some manga spoilers:

- As for box-office potential... er... what the heck happened? There was no hype, no praise, and no number 1 debut! The singles are underperforming, NANA anime does not rate anymore, and there are too few advertisements! For a very successful movie, this sequel is already starting to be a flop. The movie was overcome by other new premieres. Death Note 2 is still there in the charts after 6 weeks grossing almost the same as NANA2's premiere. Did the change of actors affect this? It would seem likely so. Last year the whole of Japan was made up of NANA, but now it just seems like a regular box-office movie instead of a cultural revolution.
Old 2006-12-16, 16:21   Link #40
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
NANA anime does not rate anymore
And the source for that information is... ?