AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 31.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 26.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-16, 10:22   Link #1
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Fate/stay night Episode 7 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the seventh episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 17th Feb 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 11:35   Link #2
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Looking forward to seeing more of Saber's eating this episode if the preview shows anything for it.

Also curious what Rin and Shirou are doing? Something about the barrier around the school that Shinji erected?(I'm assuming here since he and Rider were in episode 6 on school grounds)
Old 2006-02-16, 12:14   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The scene with Rin, Shirou & Sakura's from the previews got me thinking.. Sakura looks like she's in blush mode anyway! ^.^
Old 2006-02-16, 12:28   Link #4
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
The scene with Rin, Shirou & Sakura's from the previews got me thinking.. Sakura looks like she's in blush mode anyway! ^.^
Sakura's soo cute and innocent-looking! I just hope that doesn't change Also looks like Taiga-sensei's here to stay-- gawd she's so hilarious. Either way, can't wait until tomorrow evening ^^.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 14:04   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Sakura's soo cute and innocent-looking! I just hope that doesn't change Also looks like Taiga-sensei's here to stay-- gawd she's so hilarious. Either way, can't wait until tomorrow evening ^^.
Don't you know it is the quiet ones who are the first to crack And sakura unlike kaede has access to more then a boxcutter
Old 2006-02-16, 14:26   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
And sakura unlike kaede has access to more then a boxcutter
All this Kaede & Sakura talks just gotta stop.. they're not that much alike.
Old 2006-02-16, 14:48   Link #7
Xellos-_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
All this Kaede & Sakura talks just gotta stop.. they're not that much alike.
hmmm lets see:

Kaede:
Cooks and clean for the main character

Sakura:
Cooks and clean for the main character

Kaede:
Quiet and reserve

Sakura:
Quiet and reserve

Kaede:
Childhood friends with the Main Character

Sakura:
Childhood Friends with the main Character

yup they are not that much alike

I will post some more about them not being alike later.
Old 2006-02-16, 14:54   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know - i could name a hell of a lot of characters that could match everything you've said.

I'm not to sure what started this all of, maybe Sakura spelling blood on Rin.. thats kind of lame really.

And what i said still goes, they're still not that much alike.

Anyway back on topic:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-16, 17:55   Link #9
Moon Eclipse

About episode 7. I just hope they start moving the plot more. It's been kinda slow, it's been a lot of build up I'm about crack myself @.@ I wish animes were like... an hour long, then you could have the best of both worlds, action ,plot driven conversations and build up for the next episode.... sigh... too bad... But I'm actually pretty happy with the talk and the action mix so far. The character introductions are taking a bit long but meh. You can't have everything I guess. Go episode 7!

Spoiler for Sakura vs Kaeda:
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:33   Link #10
Xellos-_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
About episode 7. I just hope they start moving the plot more. It's been kinda slow, it's been a lot of build up I'm about crack myself @.@ I wish animes were like... an hour long, then you could have the best of both worlds, action ,plot driven conversations and build up for the next episode.... sigh... too bad... But I'm actually pretty happy with the talk and the action mix so far. The character introductions are taking a bit long but meh. You can't have everything I guess. Go episode 7!

Spoiler for Sakura vs Kaeda:
Actually they have different AVs....err i mean VAs.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:36   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah, i was amazingly shocked when i found out.. they're very alike.

Maybe the seiyuu for Kaede's just covering it up or something.. and she really is doing the voice for Sakura. >_>
Old 2006-02-16, 18:48   Link #12
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Maybe it was just me crashing from my Shuffle high, but they sounded so similar when I first watched episode 1 of Fate Stay Night... They almost started off the anime in the same manner
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:02   Link #13
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

There definitely a parallelism between Kaede from shuffle and Sakura from fate. They have similar relationship to the main character and have similar ideals and attitudes. However they serve different roles in the anime and the anime genre is different between the two shows

Interesting side note: Kaede and Sakura are both names of types of trees.
However this may be a coincidence as sakura is no an uncommon name and every female character in shuffle is named after a tree or plant of some sort
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:13   Link #14
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Sakura will probably have a huge personality change or sumthin like that like when Kaede snapped...(hmm...hehe)

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:40   Link #15
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Sakura and Kaede are both archetypes. What's interesting for is is that they may signal the days of this particular archetype (childhood friend/first girl he sees/domestic goddess) as automatic winner are over. They'll still get their wins, but it won't be a given. I wouldn't be surprised if both animators and many anime fans are a little tired of the convention, as it has become a huge honking cliche.

FSN isn't a romantic/harem comedy or drama, of course. It may have elements of those genres, but it isn't about which girl gets the guy. I think we all know who Shirou likes at the moment. At this point, I'm more interested in how Rin and Sakura's feeling towards Shirou effect the overall plot and outcome of the contest. Rin seemed to do a complete 180 when Shirou took that pointy metal-looking projectile (I guess it wasn't quite a spear) for her. She seemed to care him before he did that. Now, Rin's probably even more troubled about having an adversarial relationship with Shiro. I'm guessing this temporary truce is as much an alliance of procrastination as it is an alliance of convenience or strategy.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 20:09   Link #16
Mr. Guy

Sakura's also not a "childhood friend" in the traditional sense. Shirou said that she's only been coming over to take care of him since he hurt himself a little while ago. He's known Shinji for longer.

Not as excited about this episode when compared to previous episodes, mainly because I don't believe they'll be much plot progression. But it's still going to be the anime highlight of my week most likely. Looking forward to some nice Shirou and Saber (and Rin) interaction
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 20:43   Link #17
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Unlike Kaede from Shuffle, Sakura is learning how to cook basically from Shirou.
Old 2006-02-16, 20:45   Link #18
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
I have a hard time believing they don't have the same VA. Are you sure she's not just using an alias or pen name of sorts? Voice actors do that a hell of a lot(more so than authors and live action actors).

I mean, when I first heard her talk, I thought Kaede instantly. Then when she was being all polite, and cooked dinner, I knew were we in the Fate/Shuffle Night multiverse.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 21:07   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
I have a hard time believing they don't have the same VA. Are you sure she's not just using an alias or pen name of sorts? Voice actors do that a hell of a lot(more so than authors and live action actors).
I kinda had that feeling near the start of F/SN.. but it wouldn't make any sense, its not like She's a big named VA or anything.
Old 2006-02-16, 21:19   Link #20
ordnance11

Now, will Saber be going to school with Shirou to better "protect" him? That would definitely be interesting?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote