AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 02:03   Link #241
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Okay... A C+ from me and a much higher grade from you. If it wasn't for such differences of opinion life would be boring.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 02:03   Link #242
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
Come on, NOTHING to complain about? that sounds a lot like those blind manga defenders.
There's some things to complain about just like there were things in the SS arc to complain about...Unfinished fights (or fights that simply didn't happen), silly, pretentious pacing, bad animation...Like everything in life things should be judged on whether or not it was GOOD or BAD to you, Bleach is no different...Eps that are GOOD are GOOD, BAD eps are BAD...Doesn't matter to me if it's the manga-eps, cause manga doesn't necessarily exist to me...I was a cartoon fan before I was fan of anything else so I'll enjoy these eps because i enjoy animated stuff that's GOOD...Anime and manga are not the same and they will never be...there are so many intrinsic factors that go into combining and seperating the two it'll make your brain spin...Some manga creators are involved in every aspect of both while others let the the anime fillers exist totally seperate with no cares or regards...Some creators use the anime to flesh out things they couldn't in a manga sense and others try to mirror the manga to a tee...It's just 2 much $hit to get into for anyone to think they have the more authentic or greater veiw...If you draw something on a paper napkin and somebody says I'll give you the money to animate that whose to say you won't add or make things different or more visually impactful for that medium...Manga is the skelaton, anime is the skin...side by side neither is complete....So enjoy what you deem enjoyable...

As for my grades on the new arc so far I'd say a B-...Only 3 or 4 episodes have been what i consider really poor...Most eps, even the ones with some animation probs have not made me wanna turn the monitor off..So with that I'll continue to live in the real world where this arc is still developing and entertaining me for the most part...
Old 2006-08-16, 02:50   Link #243
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
There's some things to complain about just like there were things in the SS arc to complain about...
hey, i already said i watch both and think both are pretty bad. anime arc for me is "C", while recent manga chapters get a special "R" for being retarded. so i'm pretty apathetic towards the whole "back to the manga vs staying in the current bounto arc" thing. i can deal with both as long as they're better than shit like kamikazo.
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 07:21   Link #244
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
What I'm always wondering is why you put so many dots at the end of every sentence.
"..." = "," and "......." (or more) = "."
I don't like to follow standards... too boring... the dots just represent little brakes...

Quote:
It kinda makes you seem depressed, IMO.
lol... people can usually read your posts differently based on username, avatar and signature... its quite interesting...

I probably should change mine since I write on a happy peaceful tone and I guess because of grumpy Haruhi and some of the colours it seems like I'm depressed... lol
I haven't changed them because they are kind of old and I'm really too lazy to change them...

Quote:
All I'm saying is that I'm tired of people judging episodes based on filler/nonfiller. If the episode is bad, call it a bad episode. If it's a good episode, call it a good episode. But the fact that an episode so happens to be or not to be filler shouldn't come into play at all. Saying "These fillers need to end" is a prime example of what I'm tired of.
Well... filler or Bounto Arc its the same thing to me... I use filler since its much easier to understand... as in filler is another word for Bounto Arc but you probably thought I used Bounto Arc as just another word for filler...

You mentioned earlier that the Bounto Arc will end in the next ten episodes... but lets presume there's another... uhh... "original story arc"... If that was the case then I would probably start watching... maybe its something I would like ^.^

The thing about the Bounto Arc is... I know I don't need to watch it... I don't really like it... since I know I can skip it I just don't watch it... its not like in the rest of the arcs were if it started to look like crap I would probably still keep watching so I don't miss any little detail of the story...

Well... up until now I've just been expressing my thoughts on why "I" don't like that Bounto Arc...

I personally don't think this discussion can go anywhere if its objective is to decide if it's good or bad or how people should think when watching it...

Quote:
Sorry because I tend to explain things extremely wrong. I hope I at least done a good job here though
No no no... it's just your opinion... there's nothing wrong with how you express it... as long as it stays a discussion and not a personal issue I don't think anyone has nay problem on how you decide to express yourself :D...... (if it gets personal it tends to start flame wars... bans and lockdowns usually follow...)

Quote:
As a temporary leave from the shonen formula and all.
What leave ?... They look the same to me...

This Bounto Arc seems to follow the shonen formula more then any other arc...

fight >> love >> fight >> bad guys >> good guys loosing >> love >> power up >> good guys loosing >> training >> power up >> bad guys loose because of love

Judging from the few Bounto Arc episodes I watched from the begging and from Episode 95 (or whatever it was)...the formula for the Bounto Arc just has a little more fight and love...

Hmm... maybe I just picked one of the worse filler episodes... or is Ep95 suppose to be one of the best... ?

Anyway... from those few episodes lets see if I can guess what happend...

Little story guidelines...
Bounto arrive...
Bounto are evil...
Bounto were persecuted over the years...
There is a bounto girl that's good...
She falls in love with Ishida or something...
Both her and Ishida are trapped between the 2 sides (Shinigami, Bounto)
She eventually dies...
Ishida is devastated... goes to train or something (gets power up)
Comes back with vengeance to help the murderers destroy Soul Society... (this is so stupid its not even funny)

Ichigo Camp
Ichigo is the strongest of the bunch... as usual... and thats not a bad thing...
Chad and Inoue are too week... they moan about it... and try to help Ichigo... (give up before they can actually accomplish something)... this probably repeats over and over...
Rukia knows what must be done but Ichigo doesnt listen to her... she's powerless... and ends up the victim on several occasions...
Ichigo fights Bounto... loses... retreats (this repeats several times)
For some reason Ichigo can't use Ban Kai...
Renji and the rest are too weak for the Bounto... and get pwaned...
Only Ichigo and Ishida can save the day...

Bounto Camp
They are evil...
They want to destroy the world...
They are more powerful then any of the captains... and Ichigo...
They are victims...
They like to take their time in beating the good guys...
They talk a lot...
They have the help of some random shinigami...

Now just add some fights here and there were bounto win, shinigami loose or its some sort of a draw... and its done...

So... Did I miss something in my list... ?... maybe I just got the wrong impression...

Anyway...
Bounto Arc Rating - D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
recent manga chapters get a special "R" for being retarded.
lol...... they are prety bad... lets hope they get better after this little holiday...

Quote:
Good, definitely. Not anything to complain about, IMO.
... "Not anything to complain about"
Ichigo's just too weak... that bankai has to be one of the most pathetic ever... before he could move with that speed even without bankai... it's just too sad to watch...

Ishida helping the bounto is just the stupidest thing I have ever seen...
I only hope this doesn't ruin my good opinion about him in future episodes... :'(

I mean I can accept them making some of the other characters a little retarded...
But WTF... why did they have to make 2 of the fukin' main characters totally retarded... ?!!!???!?!?.... WHO'S BRIGHT IDEA WAS THAT !!!!
&*%$^@*($%^(%$%@$#*)@#%*%%#$... &*#%$^$%&@#%^%&^$^#$*.......
&%$#@%... ^%&$%^&... &$$%^$%&%^^!$#%#$%#@%$%&^%^!......
%&^%&!#@%... %$^@#$^%$.....
Old 2006-08-16, 10:38   Link #245
Guido

Anime News Network has revealed the title for episode 96.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 11:00   Link #246
Lotiman

I think the whole Bounto episode fill over eps 100.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 17:03   Link #247
sedukshun
kimee ~

today i read the first few bleach manga books and i can say that i enjoyed them ~ i am surprised that i would like it coz it didnt look appealing O.O" but now i checked and theres 93 episodes so far hahaha ~ im just watchin episode 2 now and its really good! im happy i decided to be one of the little bleach fans! hoping to be one of them ppl u can discuss bleach with ^_________^ and i must say i realy like the background music ~ aint really seen other anime with such dramatic music! lol
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 08:48   Link #248
Gaggarin

<-----SPOILERS------->

Quote:
Ichigo's just too weak... that bankai has to be one of the most pathetic ever... before he could move with that speed even without bankai... it's just too sad to watch...
Hear hear.
I don't understand how the bounto, who's only human with some extra powers and wierd puppets, could even dream of defeating the guy who could stop that big execution bird thing (which, on a side note, was one of the coolest eps ever) IMO everyone was alot stronger in the original arc. Ichigo should have been able to kick some bounto ass even though he couldn't use Bankai.

And why didn't those modified souls jump in their own bodies before going to soul society?? Hell, why did they have to be put in those silly dolls in the first place, since they lose some of their powers?? Even ichigo and gang had problems defeating them when they teamed up in their original bodies, now they are just plain weak, and afraid of everything apparently. Other than this, It's my opinion that this arc is much better than the fillers I'm used to in other anime series.

bounto arc grade: C - cause of some surprisingly good episodes
Gaggarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 09:00   Link #249
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

This seems to be a heated topic. :lol:

This arc started off weak but its getting good now.

The part when they were meeting/battling/running around because of the modified souls was weak: D

The early bontou battles with the water twins and the fem with the lava guy were also pretty poor: C -

The ensuing build up of small battles on earth weren't too bad but felt like non-commital filler battles where you knew nothing of relevance would happen: C

Since the Kariya/Ichigo fight & Ishida regaining his quincy skills Ive been really enjoying it. Im actually excited about the future episodes in soul society, Im a bit of a byakukya fan boy though....: B
Old 2006-08-17, 12:44   Link #250
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggarin
<-----SPOILERS------->

Hear hear.
I don't understand how the bounto, who's only human with some extra powers and wierd puppets, could even dream of defeating the guy who could stop that big execution bird thing (which, on a side note, was one of the coolest eps ever) IMO everyone was alot stronger in the original arc. Ichigo should have been able to kick some bounto ass even though he couldn't use Bankai.

And why didn't those modified souls jump in their own bodies before going to soul society?? Hell, why did they have to be put in those silly dolls in the first place, since they lose some of their powers?? Even ichigo and gang had problems defeating them when they teamed up in their original bodies, now they are just plain weak, and afraid of everything apparently. Other than this, It's my opinion that this arc is much better than the fillers I'm used to in other anime series.

bounto arc grade: C - cause of some surprisingly good episodes
The bound are way stronger thatn you're giving them credit for. You're simply making it sound like they're not SUPPOSED to be that strong for some reason(to scare the modsouls, match with Bankai Ichigo, etc)... but they ARE.

Besides, Kariya HAS TO be stronger than Byakuya, but weaker than Aizen(who I'm only guessing is the main badguy of the next manga arc ) because that's how shonen works.
Old 2006-08-17, 13:17   Link #251
Gaggarin

Quote:
Besides, Kariya HAS TO be stronger than Byakuya, but weaker than Aizen(who I'm only guessing is the main badguy of the next manga arc ) because that's how shonen works.
Yeah I know he's supposed to be stronger, but imo he doesn't feel stronger. but on the other hand, I think we've yet to see his real powers.
Old 2006-08-17, 16:18   Link #252
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaqqarin
I think we've yet to see his real powers
You will only see his real power when the anime stops. Otherwise there will always be someone who will be stronger and wants to rule the world/universe.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 16:29   Link #253
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
You will only see his real power when the anime stops. Otherwise there will always be someone who will be stronger and wants to rule the world/universe.
We were talking about Kariya, not Ichigo
Old 2006-08-17, 17:07   Link #254
Gaggarin

Quote:

Quote:
We were talking about Kariya, not Ichigo

ha ha. Yeah.
Old 2006-08-18, 10:41   Link #255
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Sorry, lack of sleep
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 23:32   Link #256
peter2004
Banned

Up and comeing eps beware

ep 96 Ichigo Byakuya Kariya, Battle of the Three Extremes
ep 97 Hitsugaya moves out! Cut down the enemy in the forest

Dosen't look like this dam filler will ever end looks like it might be as long as the ssa or even longer, just kill the dam bout all ready.
peter2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 23:35   Link #257
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Sweet, more SS vs Bound eps. I say bring 'em on!
Old 2006-08-22, 00:25   Link #258
saravis

Same here so long as they settle our appetite with a death of a bount on a consistent occasion.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:01   Link #259
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Thewanderer

Q. How many of the Bounto are still standing ?
My guess is that they won't kill more then 2-3 in one Ep.

I don't really care when the fillers will end. Probably because they sort of screw the little golden moment that was just after the SS arc. All that's left after that isn't that exiting. Maybe I'll care when the manga starts to pick up the pace.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:50   Link #260
scorpio516

Lets see...
Kariya, Gowa w/ the iron doll, Mabashi the guy who took over Rukia w/ his doll, Yoshi the sword lady who should have died by Baukya this ep, and Sawatari the old guy
And Ichinose if you want to count him. Somethings gonna have to happen there.

Seems like theres one more bound I'm missing, but that could be Ichinose

EDIT: 5 + Ichinose. Op shows 6, it includes card playing bound

Last edited by scorpio516; 2006-08-22 at 18:15.
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote