AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-01, 11:00   Link #601
the last shinigami
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Does maybe anyone know how long should current filters be?
the last shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 00:11   Link #602
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 32
Just watch the damn fillers already!
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 09:14   Link #603
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
The fillers can a good way to let us see other people fight, like Yachiru
Cann't wait to see her fight one on one, and to see her bankai.

Pretty suprised at how strong baldy was, still no match for Yachiru of course

If you don't like the fillers there is always the shinigami golden cup, which is pretty good
__________________
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 09:27   Link #604
BladeStone
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I personally liked the fillers. The story was well done. I can see why people dislike it seeing how it doesn't stick to the original story . . but it was definately entertaining unlike Naruto's random fillers.
BladeStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 00:57   Link #605
Soulcatcher
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Its hardly surprising people hate the filler arc.

What is surprising is that some people like it.

<giant skip>
Brilliant ;) I applaud your efforts in summarizing that garbage filler ark. Altho i'm scared to think how much time it took :)

I'm not quite sure why some people (particularly one person who decided to become self-proclaimed captain of filler defense force) think that we dislike Bounto (sp?) ark just because it's "filler".

Hell, if it had nice story, animation, production values etc i would've been all over it.

The truth is that this filler sucked hardcore. This is the only reason why absolute majority despises it. Well, i can only speak for the sane people of course. I can imagine there are some purists who dont accept anything that isnt in the manga, but i'm not talking about them.

p.s. well, this is kinda on-topic since we have fillers now ;)
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 02:45   Link #606
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
Brilliant I applaud your efforts in summarizing that garbage filler ark. Altho i'm scared to think how much time it took

I'm not quite sure why some people (particularly one person who decided to become self-proclaimed captain of filler defense force) think that we dislike Bounto (sp?) ark just because it's "filler".

Hell, if it had nice story, animation, production values etc i would've been all over it.

The truth is that this filler sucked hardcore. This is the only reason why absolute majority despises it. Well, i can only speak for the sane people of course. I can imagine there are some purists who dont accept anything that isnt in the manga, but i'm not talking about them.

p.s. well, this is kinda on-topic since we have fillers now
Do the lines "When do the fillers start?" or "I watched till ep 60somthing, skipped till 120something, when do the other fillers begin?" ring any bells? I can hardly call someones opinion informed when he didn't take the time to watch a good number of episodes before reaching a verdict. From what I can see, the "absolute majority" hasn't even WATCHED the damn thing.
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 04:28   Link #607
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
What npal said. People skip the fillers without even seeing whether they're really good or not. That makes it clear enough.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 06:08   Link #608
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I thought the Bounto arc was average but watchable. As for the recent filler, almost skipped the last few episodes, didn't like that filler at all except for some funny moments like the thing with Matsumoto's replacement soul and shinigami golden cup.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 07:05   Link #609
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
(particularly one person who decided to become self-proclaimed captain of filler defense force)


Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Do the lines "When do the fillers start?" or "I watched till ep 60somthing, skipped till 120something, when do the other fillers begin?" ring any bells? I can hardly call someones opinion informed when he didn't take the time to watch a good number of episodes before reaching a verdict. From what I can see, the "absolute majority" hasn't even WATCHED the damn thing.
Exactly.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 14:19   Link #610
poptart
come tess me now!!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: under the sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Do the lines "When do the fillers start?" or "I watched till ep 60somthing, skipped till 120something, when do the other fillers begin?" ring any bells? I can hardly call someones opinion informed when he didn't take the time to watch a good number of episodes before reaching a verdict. From what I can see, the "absolute majority" hasn't even WATCHED the damn thing.
why should they have to watch the fillers if what they are lookin for is the animation of the story from the manga

the bount arc blew for me simply because they were boring to me.. dont get me wrong i watched until about episode 90... then i started to skim through them. i didnt even know they were "fillers" until i came here because i hadnt read the manga. i just knew that for some reason after they came back from soul society the episodes had lost their spark and had become lame. there were some moments where it wasnt horrible but mostly it sucked.

i started up again a couple episodes before the manga arc just incase i needed to know anything from the past arc. sure enough come the manga arc i was back into the show. it was funny again, full of non-head desk angst, and so much prettier to look at.

then comes that new "mini filler" with the vice caption..... what the hell was that about.

if they were funny, interesting, or moved things along while still leaving the original story intact it would be fine for me. i wouldnt have to skip the "fillers" i would watch and enjoy.

but to me they are not. so i cant.

not because they are "fillers" but because they are boring.
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:33   Link #611
Soulcatcher
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Do the lines "When do the fillers start?" or "I watched till ep 60somthing, skipped till 120something, when do the other fillers begin?" ring any bells? I can hardly call someones opinion informed when he didn't take the time to watch a good number of episodes before reaching a verdict. From what I can see, the "absolute majority" hasn't even WATCHED the damn thing.
I'm sorry? People who ask such questions arent the people who irritate TheWanderer so much :)

Besides, let me ask you - why do you think people ask such questions? ;) Maybe they somehow heard (heh) that these fillers are... a little bit subpar. So i dont blame them for asking - and my anwer will be "dont bother", as you may guess.

As for "absolute majority" - sorry, i guess i was carried away. The sad truth is that most probably "absolute majority" doesnt care and cant even see the drastic drop in quality during fillers. Probably because the target audience is too young ;) If Naruto survived ~2 years showing stuff that is much, much worse than the Bounto ark, it says a lot about "absolute majority" who are watching such kind of shows ;)

In short, i dont see the problem that you or TheWanderer is having trouble with - i dont see blind, unjustified hate towards fillers. If you can provide an example that'd be great. In fact, TheWanderer is much closer to this kind of behaviour :) Yes, i will never treat Bounto ark as a "canon" - it's pretty hard to treat this garbage on the same level as the rest of the series, even if Bleach is just a typical shounen.

Last edited by Soulcatcher; 2007-07-04 at 23:49.
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:48   Link #612
Soulcatcher
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What npal said. People skip the fillers without even seeing whether they're really good or not. That makes it clear enough.
And why is that bad?

Yes, it's important to form your own opinion, not to follow the crowd etc etc. But tell me, if you want to see, say, a movie and before going to the cinema you check it on imdb and discover that it has tons of votes and the rating is 2/10 - would you go? :)))

Sure, if that was a movie that you really wanted to see, you would read the reviews and try to see why people didnt like it - after all, maybe what other people didnt like is what you have no problems with.

Great, so people do the same with fillers - they read the forums. Now tell me, would any sane person want to watch the fillers after reading our impressions that Question so nicely summurized? ;))))
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 00:16   Link #613
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
In short, i dont see the problem that you or TheWanderer is having trouble with - i dont see blind, unjustified hate towards fillers. If you can provide an example that'd be great. In fact, TheWanderer is much closer to this kind of behaviour Yes, i will never treat Bounto ark as a "canon" - it's pretty hard to treat this garbage on the same level as the rest of the series, even if Bleach is just a typical shounen.
*ahem* Okay, I guess I must explain myself again...

My complaints are toward those who DO treat "fillers" as something that don't belong, not part of the series, etc. I say that even if the arc/episodes are the worst thing on TV, they're still Bleach, and it's not right to ridicule them. I'm all for different opinions about the actual episode content, however.

Does that seem so wrong?
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 07:04   Link #614
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
And why is that bad?

Yes, it's important to form your own opinion, not to follow the crowd etc etc. But tell me, if you want to see, say, a movie and before going to the cinema you check it on imdb and discover that it has tons of votes and the rating is 2/10 - would you go? ))

Sure, if that was a movie that you really wanted to see, you would read the reviews and try to see why people didnt like it - after all, maybe what other people didnt like is what you have no problems with.

Great, so people do the same with fillers - they read the forums. Now tell me, would any sane person want to watch the fillers after reading our impressions that Question so nicely summurized? )))
Well, you didn't get what I was saying. Go read npal's post that I was agreeing with and see if you can figure out what I meant.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:24   Link #615
Soulcatcher
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, you didn't get what I was saying. Go read npal's post that I was agreeing with and see if you can figure out what I meant.
Unfortunately it's you who has to go back and read what npal said. Even more unfortunate is that what npal said was completely unrelated to my original post ;)
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:36   Link #616
Soulcatcher
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
*ahem* Okay, I guess I must explain myself again...

My complaints are toward those who DO treat "fillers" as something that don't belong, not part of the series, etc. I say that even if the arc/episodes are the worst thing on TV, they're still Bleach, and it's not right to ridicule them.
That's your opinion. We get it. There are also people of the opinion that Bleach filler is crap which "don't belong, not part of the series".

It also happens that your views are in minority. The thing i dont understand is why you think it's appropriate to start a holy war trying to shove your point of view on everyone else :)

Quote:
I'm all for different opinions about the actual episode content, however.

Does that seem so wrong?
No, it doesnt. Just stop harrasing any poor soul who makes a negative remark about fillers or dismisses them as "canon" (whatever is meant by this word) material.
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 19:04   Link #617
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
That's your opinion. We get it. There are also people of the opinion that Bleach filler is crap which "don't belong, not part of the series".
But there's nothing to prove that the "fillers" don't belong in the anime, whereas there is solid evidence IN the anime proving that the fillers are part of the anime's continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
It also happens that your views are in minority. The thing i dont understand is why you think it's appropriate to start a holy war trying to shove your point of view on everyone else
Just because my views seem to be in the minority don't mean I'm wrong. specially considering that this board is filled with nothing but anal fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
No, it doesnt. Just stop harrasing any poor soul who makes a negative remark about fillers or dismisses them as "canon" (whatever is meant by this word) material.
"Poor souls". Yeah, right.

I'm not "harassing" anyone that don't deserve it. What I'm tired of hearing when I'm posting a normal post that so happens to include the idea that fillers aren't discriminated is some random noob telling me that no matter what I say, fillers aren't supposed to count. They're part of the anime, and there's nothing wrong with discussing them.

Plus, the majority of this whole filler-bashing fad is completely illogical anyway. They treat fillers like they're some disease that's infecting their precious manga episodes. They say that all fillers are trash. They even go as far as to say that nothing that happens in the fillers ever happened in the anime, as if they're trying to make the anime continuity out to be EXACTLY like the manga continuity, which despite the anime being based on the manga, they are not the same. The anime has extra content, and there's extra characters or lines in laster episodes that reference the fillers because it's part of the anime.

And don't tell me what to do, thanks
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 05:47   Link #618
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I'll agree with the fact that if you haven't watch the bount arc, you are in no position to comment about it. That's common sense.

As for the in continuity question, IMO there's only one situation when the anime should be considered non-canon.

Quote:
Why does XXX suddenly become XXXX when it wasnt so in the manga?
For this type of argument, i think it's more logical to use the manga as a more ccurate source than the fillers. Basically, the anime follows kubo, as you said. It might be an independent entity, but at the end it still follows what he says, so in terms of factual differences the fillers can and should be ignored.
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 06:32   Link #619
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
For this type of argument, i think it's more logical to use the manga as a more ccurate source than the fillers. Basically, the anime follows kubo, as you said. It might be an independent entity, but at the end it still follows what he says, so in terms of factual differences the fillers can and should be ignored.
Can you clarify this point a little...?
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 18:07   Link #620
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
Unfortunately it's you who has to go back and read what npal said. Even more unfortunate is that what npal said was completely unrelated to my original post
Sorry, I know exactly what npal said, and I agree with it.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.