AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-22, 08:25   Link #301
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Since Arika has been represing her feelings towards Nina and otome in general she basicly limited her power ... as I see it the more you express yourself the better (in ep3 or so ... when Arika fouth Nina she was prety strong even thow she never used a robe before) ... Nina is probably getting an upgrade as well since she's finally confesing her feelings towards Sergay ... well this is just a guess

Arika needs more then power to win ... she needs some style
Maybe Arika needs to perform a fusion-move with Mashiro, Jubei-chan II style?

I know the Shoujo-ai fans would love that.

We NEED Mashiro to save the day. I can't see any way around it.
Old 2006-03-22, 08:41   Link #302
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant

I know the Shoujo-ai fans would love that.

We NEED Mashiro to save the day. I can't see any way around it.

if thats the case... to bind MO and jubei-chan ..it would be arikaXnina not arikaX mashiro

they shared the same line : u steal my precious things >_>"
Old 2006-03-22, 09:05   Link #303
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
if thats the case... to bind MO and jubei-chan ..it would be arikaXnina not arikaX mashiro

they shared the same line : u steal my precious things >_>"
Don't forget. I was the first crazy person who suggested that Nina and Arika may be half-twin sisters. It's a theory I reluctantly abandoned because Sergay was, age wise, one-year off the world record for the youngest fertile male when the princess was conceived.
(Think about it~~~
Sergay: "Nina. I am your father."
Nina: "Yeah, I know. So?"
Sergay: "I mean, I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!"
Nina: "And?"
And so one and so forth...)

I just don't see Nina changing sides... She is too immature. Like Shinn, she is better off having the living daylights beaten out of her and left for an apology at the epilogue, while the rest of the cast go on and save the day.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:11   Link #304
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Looks like the SS version is out ... damn this slow download speed ...

Quote:
"Jubei-chan II style" ... anything special about that kind of fusion

Quote:
she is better off having the living daylights beaten out of her and left for an apology at the epilogue, while the rest of the cast go on and save the day.
Don't know why but I totaly agree with you on that

WTF Shingami no Ballad has 4 groups subing it ... ohh well ep2,3 seemed to be 10X better then the first ...
Old 2006-03-22, 09:18   Link #305
Retsoor

>> I just don't see Nina changing sides... She is too immature.

I can see why you call her immature, but I can't see why she won't switch sides because she is immature. She believes her actions will help the world become a better place. Misguided, perhaps (we will see), but not immature.

Personally, I like Nina's sense of duty and loyalty, notwithstanding that they are chiefly motivated by Sergey, and not only because she's the perfect foil for Arika. I really liked it when she said that she'd kill even her friends, because she's an Otome.

Anyway, if I were in the MO world, I'd be waving an axe at that loathsome Otome system in a heartbeat. Begone from that world, I say.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:20   Link #306
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
"Jubei-chan II style" ... anything special about that kind of fusion
Well, in Jubei-chan II, the two main rivals were each powered by the ancient warrior spirit of Yagyu Jubei, most recently known as the main character in the NinjaScroll animated movie.

But at the very end, they worked together to fight a greater threat. Their teamwork caused each other to physically fuse and form the "true" Jubei. It was quite a sight. (The swordsmanship animation was insane. Anyone who had seen it will agree.)

Personally, my ideal ending is if Nina and Arika fought to a stalemate, and that neither could move due to injuries. Then the Obsidian Lord rears his ugly head, and Mashiro saves the day all by herself. Why? Because both Arika and Nina had their day in the sun already. It's time for the "brat" to upgrade herself and conveniently proof her mettle in battle in front of her people. That way, she would be able to rule her kingdom again with minimum fuss.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:59   Link #307
Lost

Quote:
I just don't see Nina changing sides... She is too immature. Like Shinn, she is better off having the living daylights beaten out of her and left for an apology at the epilogue, while the rest of the cast go on and save the day.
Now why do I get the image of Mai HiME as being Seed while Mai Otome, Destiny?

Just a comment on episode 23 to keep my post ontopic. I was very disappointed. The whole episode felt out of place in the series. A sudden happy ("mysterious" I might add) start after the events of ep22 totally threw me off and spoiled it. Plus Mai... wheres her pwnage?

I really do feel Sunrise is doing it all-over again...

p.s. Sorry for my consistently late posts. Otome hasnt been at the top of my viewing-list for some time now.
Old 2006-03-22, 11:19   Link #308
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Well, in Jubei-chan II, the two main rivals were each powered by the ancient warrior spirit of Yagyu Jubei, most recently known as the main character in the NinjaScroll animated movie.

But at the very end, they worked together to fight a greater threat. Their teamwork caused each other to physically fuse and form the "true" Jubei. It was quite a sight. (The swordsmanship animation was insane. Anyone who had seen it will agree.)

Personally, my ideal ending is if Nina and Arika fought to a stalemate, and that neither could move due to injuries. Then the Obsidian Lord rears his ugly head, and Mashiro saves the day all by herself. Why? Because both Arika and Nina had their day in the sun already. It's time for the "brat" to upgrade herself and conveniently proof her mettle in battle in front of her people. That way, she would be able to rule her kingdom again with minimum fuss.
when they tranformed they look totally gorgeous even same gender like me got attracted to their outlook ..the anime should put into the best female swordfight category

aside from that... the deep love that nina has just put off her maturity in life..so until she changed and thew off that kind of love for that dumb person..she will remind as the cold-hearted brat...
Old 2006-03-22, 16:07   Link #309
Seska

Omg, Mikoto is a "Super-Otome" prototype? Otome typ two?

(If im reading right SS subs...Miyu explains her Mark...Hotspring scene)

and, with this explasion. I think i know hows the "Dark Otome" from OP1...

It only can be ...
Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-03-23, 03:25   Link #310
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon
THAT NEW VERSION OF "ENSEI" IS AWESOME.
I just downloaded the fansub of Ep23, and skipped through it (since I haven't been following the series as closely as before; too much Doom and Destruction), and alighted almost exactly upon that sequence.

It's just... wow. Wow. I watched that scene five or six times, just listening to "Ensei" once again.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
Old 2006-03-23, 08:43   Link #311
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
I just downloaded the fansub of Ep23, and skipped through it (since I haven't been following the series as closely as before; too much Doom and Destruction), and alighted almost exactly upon that sequence.

It's just... wow. Wow. I watched that scene five or six times, just listening to "Ensei" once again.
"Ensei?"

Was there something I missed?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-03-23, 13:03   Link #312
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
time : 8m30 until 10m

instrumental only but sounds really great
Closed Thread