AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-07-22, 11:51   Link #461
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I liked ep7 a whole lot - I smiled throughout the episode.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 12:49   Link #462
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Question: For those who've finished Eureka Seven, was anyone reminded of that chilling scene of Anemone when Tenko was laughing even as tears ran down her face? Eerie... even the laugh bore strong resemblance.
It's probably because Anemone and Tenko share the same seiyu Ami KOSHIMIZU
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 13:42   Link #463
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-reflects
The poor transition in emotional development has been the primary weak point of this otherwise delightful and entertaining series.
The humorous moment in the episode also seemed forced and awkward. At the same time I'm intrigued by Kumiko and her latest return. If she is indeed the evil charming damsel with ulterior motifs, why did she leave in the first place? And what sort of changes in circumstances have brought her back this time?

As you said, an explanation is necessary, although the inconsistency in transition is nothing new for this series thanks to Samatarou the spoiled-brat.
Old 2006-07-22, 15:19   Link #464
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
...The poor transition in emotional development has been the primary weak point of this otherwise delightful and entertaining series....
It's almost one of the show's main characteristics. Within two episodes, we had just about the whole emotional story, and we've been running variations on it ever since, complete with resets. I'm inclined to think the producers don't care about things happening suddenly and out of the blue, that they think of it as part of life in the world of the gods. That's probably why it isn't really bothering me, yet.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nobunaga the Fool | Nisekoi | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 18:09   Link #465
Itlandm
Porcupine

Spoiler for ep.10:
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:18   Link #466
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
But I like that pig in episode 10. That was amusing at least to me.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:39   Link #467
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It would be depressing if Kamisama Kazoku slid down its quality as it progressed. I really like it right now.
Old 2006-07-23, 00:48   Link #468
nite0

Samatarou's sudden change of heart is disappointing. I'm sure we'll see it change again though, soon.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 00:21   Link #469
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Here's episode 8: http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/Kamisama_Kazoku-08%5BKamisabu!%5D.mkv.torrent

There have been some conflicts between my translation style and rabidkimba's that I've sometimes been unable to catch and edit out consistently. I apologize if honorifics and such make it through. I never use them, rk does. I wanted to try to keep it as consistent as possible, but it's hard with a translator change mid-series.

As for where the series is going, all I'll say is that certain moments were good enough to redeem it, even if it goes downhill further. I mean, episode 4 alone makes it one of favorites.

Edit: Other than the way episode 8 ended, I'm not sure if it's gone downhill at all. Sure, it may not be going how I'd like it to, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I'm still enjoying the show after watching 10.

Last edited by Chikushou; 2006-07-25 at 02:01.
Chikushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 03:11   Link #470
Itlandm
Porcupine

Thank you, Chikushou! Since you said you were out of town for a week, I had resigned myself to a substantial delay. I assume your new translator has been hard at work then!

I agree that the series is still quite good, although there seems to be a gradual shift toward drama, and I find 10 an awkward transition in that regard. It is still not like I wouldn't rent it if it were a dvd.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 04:00   Link #471
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I don't mind drama, as long as it's done correctly... Damn, I haven't been able to watch KamiKazo since ep 5-6.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 04:03   Link #472
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
I myself as well am falling behind in this one >_>. Last one for me was 5. Hopefully, I'll get to catch up soon (looks like things are going to heat up in it)

Forums, Roleplay, Community
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 04:08   Link #473
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I'm falling behind on several series right now (must be the immense backup I have to do, as well as hours of online gaming). But I'll try to catch up with everything this weekend. Staying without Tenko for too long is bad for one's health
Old 2006-07-25, 12:05   Link #474
myopius

Hmm, Kamisama Kazoku is kinda strange in the way some of these characters act, you can't tell just how much they're admitting to themselves about how they feel.

Episode 8 was awesome, really liked how it made sense out of everything instead of just making out events to be irregular occurrences with no special significance toward those involved. Though I wished they'd allowed it to reveal more of Tenko's character--Samatarou developed quite a bit, but all we found out fo Tenko was what we found out about Samatarou, that she has that sensitive side, and just a reiteration of what we knew from the beginning about how Tenko feels about family. Samatarou made all the key choices and advanced the plot, so it seems like he's the only one who really matured through it.

The twist at the end was kinda... interesting. The second twist, I mean. Probably all for the best, though, in terms of keeping the relationships advancing sanely, since the first twist wasn't very well done IMO--random accidents are a lame plot device. Anyway, neat stuff!
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 15:24   Link #475
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
I know that this show and Higurashi have little in
common but I'm getting the feeling the "constantly
reshuffling the deck of what happens every few"
episodes has gotten to a "reshuffle the deck every
episode" is happening a bit in this series. I like though.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-07-26 at 07:30.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 11:47   Link #476
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Heh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 08 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-26, 21:32   Link #477
MyLittlePwny
Smash Legend

Theres a novel??
Is it translated?
If it is can anyone tell me where to get it?
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 21:41   Link #478
MyLittlePwny
Smash Legend

I can't wait till the end..
Go Tenko!!!
Childhood friend FTW
Old 2006-07-27, 00:55   Link #479
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny
I can't wait till the end..
Go Tenko!!!
Childhood friend FTW
Seconded
Old 2006-07-27, 10:32   Link #480
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

After reading the comments, I think I'm going to be disappointed with this show despite its sparkling start. *sighs*

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen