AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-03-16, 23:29   Link #1
romamov

DHT firewalled !!!!!!!

hi , i juZ upgraded my Azureus version to 2.4.0.0 all is fine ,but there is this 1 doubt .. on the bottom of the screens state that my DHT was firewall ...i was wondering if this was the case for my slow download .....help

*note : recently i notice my torrent cannot connect itself to the incoming ports too
romamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 00:11   Link #2
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
DHT doesn't handle peer data communication, so unless the peer connections (which are ONLY TCP) are firewalled as well, that's not the cause
DWKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 21:28   Link #3
romamov

hi ya, thanks for the reply, but i want to know what might be the problem in the DHT being firewalled and what can be done to correct this .....thnak u
romamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 21:39   Link #4
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
DHT communicates over UDP.
Opening UDP in your firewall on the port specified in the preferences (as well as in any router you have) would be the best first step.

You'll also want to upgrade to 2.4.0.2, as there are some bugs fixed that are pretty important.
DWKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:43   Link #5
sophismata
いいえ

Yes, I've found Azereus telling me it was firewalled even when I KNOW it wasn't, being able to send and receive UPD packets through that port myself.

Ultimately, the DHT isn't used for the 'main' part of torrent downloads, so it's not as critical as having the TCP port blocked.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:17   Link #6
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

you will benefit from DHT is if the main tracker is down. DHT is not really required and I have seen mixed results of having DHT working. Azureus will tell you which UDP port it is trying to communicate on. Just open it on your router and Firewall (software firewall ie. Windows Firewall, etc).
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote