AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 38 27.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 37.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 29.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-18, 16:53   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
God i never thought that Shinji was such a pussy, i mean hes cocky but when he sees danger face to face he acts like a pansy and runs while yelling out Rider.
Shinji had no idea about what kind of powers/magic Shirou had, like he said he just wanted to show who's the better out of the two.. now he knows what Shirou can do i can't see Shinji acting like that again.

I don't like to hate any of the characters out of F/SN.. but listening to Shinji talking about what he did to Fuji pissed me off, i was ready to punch the guy myself.
Old 2006-03-18, 17:06   Link #62
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Why is it that Rin has the best lines in all the episodes so far?
Well for me Archer's line from ep 6 is still my favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
By shouldering all the pain yourself, you think you can save everything in this world. What a lovely idea. As long as you hold your idealistic principles, the conflicts with reality......and the contradictions will continue to hound you. The path you are trying to take is such a path. Meaningless ideals will eventually crumble before reality. Even so, will you be able to chase your ideals without looking back, Emiya Shirou?
looks like I'll have to wait alot more before more Archer goodness T-T oh well the Saber and Rider fight ought to tie me over till then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I don't like to hate any of the characters out of F/SN.. but listening to Shinji talking about what he did to Fuji pissed me off, i was ready to punch the guy myself.
Hes the guy you love to hate ofcourse im biased since I want to punch him everytime he opens his mouth....

Last edited by demon_god04; 2006-03-18 at 21:01.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:15   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Hes the guy you love to hate ofcourse im biased since I want to punch him everytime he opens his mouth....
You have to admit though, Hiroshi Kamiya does one hell of a job for the voice of Shinji. ^^;
Old 2006-03-18, 17:17   Link #64
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

yea I agree, with him its not as much what he says its how he says it. The tone of his voice and demeanor is just right..... makes me want to punch him alot more.
Old 2006-03-18, 17:24   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
yea I agree, with him its not as much what he says its how he says it. The tone of his voice and demeanor is just right....
Yeah, thats just what i was thinking - the voice works just perfect even when Shinji's running away.
Old 2006-03-18, 17:28   Link #66
Moon Eclipse

Is anyone else glad to see Shirou getting serious? And... and... lots lots of conflict and fighting and sexy sexy Rider and Saber ^^
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:33   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
Is anyone else glad to see Shirou getting serious?
He's always been serious, only in the way that he thought he could do it all by himself. It is indeed good to see him finally accepting the teamwork with Saber - and it'll add more to there realtionship.
Old 2006-03-18, 17:40   Link #68
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Plus there are some damn cute moments there between those two not to mention that Rin chose at that moment to interrupt their little moment.

hm so whats going to be the explaination for the battle at the school?
Old 2006-03-18, 17:43   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
hm so whats going to be the explaination for the battle at the school?
Kirei would probably step in and sort all the mess out, if not.. then school's out!
Old 2006-03-18, 18:09   Link #70
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

im more wondering on the lines of what kinda excuse will he come up with in regards to that hallway being blasted apart, the hole in the wall of the school and all the students and teachers hospitalized... I dont envy anyone with the job of covering up the war....
Old 2006-03-18, 18:13   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I dont envy anyone with the job of covering up the war....
Kirei probably forces the Servants to do clean up duty.. mm thinking about the females in certain uniforms. <3
Old 2006-03-18, 18:28   Link #72
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
He's always been serious, only in the way that he thought he could do it all by himself. It is indeed good to see him finally accepting the teamwork with Saber - and it'll add more to there realtionship.
True... But who thought Shirou could be so threatening. It really did feel like he was prepared to kill Shinji.

PS Personally, I'm a sucker for scenes where the main character goes "no more Mr Nice Guy" and kicks butt.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 19:42   Link #73
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Hooray for Shirou not acting like a total dumbass in this episode. Great that he's finally ready to come to terms with the situation that he's in and actually work together with Saber to get out of it.

Not that she did anything overly untrustworthy in this episode, but I still don't trust Rin. If I were Shirou, I'd seriously be watching my back more carefully.

I did find it a bit funny that Shirou was so casual to waltz into what was obviously a trap. Oh well, good action sequence anyway. It's definitely the thing that F/SN has been doing best to this stage: the action sequences and the atmosphere in them. I suppose it helps a lot that the music is so perfectly used.

Anyway, this has been among the better episodes, purely for the changes in Shirou's behaviour. It's a lot easier to like him when he doesn't act like an idiot.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 20:13   Link #74
TehKev

Send a message via AIM to TehKev
This episode was AWESOME. :O

Action, Shirou applyin' some awesome skills, Saber kickin' ass, Rider being all gymnastic like, Shinji making me hate him for kicking Fuji-nee. Such an awesome episode. A solid 10 from me.
TehKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 20:53   Link #75
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I've come to like Emiya more and more as this show progresses. I usually dislike main characters who are inexperienced and ignorant of their situation and get by almost solely via dumb luck, but Emiya has grown on me. At first I thought he was an idiot and I disliked his way of thinking, but he's improving every episode. I can't say I really hate anyone in this series, except Berserker . Shinji is cool in that "I want to strangle him", smarmy kind of way. The same feeling you get from cowardly heels (pro wrestling term).

I wonder if Emiya is made of Adamantium.

This episode was great. Saber becoming less stonefaced, Rin is entertaining as usual, and Rider's sexy fighting style is featured. The next episode's battle looks great too!

But one thing I'm missing out on: ARCHER.
Old 2006-03-18, 21:42   Link #76
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Eight for this episode. The major flaw was Shirou's reaction to Shinji's phone call - we see him dashing off in apparent panic whist the voice over... well, it sounds just like a typical 'mysterious phone goading.' Sure, Shirou knows that Shinji has set up the spell at the school, but there was nothing in the conversation that referred to that (as a cause of panic). Nor, upon rewatching the scene, does Shinji explicitly place himself... although we can probably take it as read that he's at the school, with his comment "you're not at school today either" in the middle of the day. The animation suffered a bit here too, the movement of Shirou as he was running, and some of the shots with less-than-typical perspective (Shirou coming up the stairs into the hallway, for example) look rather odd.

Most interesting line for me was Saber's closing line about Shirou liking her clothes. Very intriguing, I'm wondering how far the writers plan to take that. Might need to revise some estimates a bit, depending on dialogue in the next episode or two.

A solid episode overall. A tad more Rin, and a bit more clarity (especially in the Rin & Saber in the shed scene, where the dialogue is very muddled) and it would have been a nine.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-18, 21:48   Link #77
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

I just rewatched epi 11 fansubbed...

Seeing this episode all over again...Makes me think, and...This brings up a question...

Spoiler for For very bad pun. Click if you want:

Um...Wait......Oh shit...Don't kill me! Kill Shinji instead!! *hides under rock*
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 22:01   Link #78
molitar

Quote:
Here in the anime, it's like "nobody seems surprised that Rider just stabbed herself in the neck", and Rider was like "nail goes... here *poke*".
Well Emiya was too stunned and full of adrenaline to realize what was happening to react to anything at that moment. He almost had Emiya out of the picture without killing him and he lost him. He had all kinds of thoughts on his mind.

Now for Saber she realized that she was going to use her mana so she must already knew what was going to happen as well as they are servants she's probably seen many strange things in past wars.. No surprise for her.

Now Emiya he had more than enough on his mind to not wonder about something so incidental like what happened to him that Rider couldn't stab him at the end? He doesn't even realize that he somehow reinforced his own body. Now what is interesting is he did all this with just two traces what would he be capable of if he was to tap even half of his traces? And the trace on the broomstick that made it a weapon that could totally deflect a spell. Wow!

Now if Emiya wisens up he will attempt to keep Saber near after this. He's not the brightest or he could of simply had Saber come to the school after schools out and wait for him... But no he keeps her at home.. Rin didn't even think of this either but than she has alot on her mind on figuring Emiya out and what his abilities were.

Now after Rin said what she said at the shed I don't think she even understands Emiya true talent she admitted herself she couldn't do what he does. Seems it is a very rare type of sorcery and probably quite powerful but not being of the same type sorcery she is going to have a time trying to figure out how to help him get a handle on his powers.

On the other hand I wonder why so many don't trust Rin she's already risked her own life for him twice now.. First time she used one of her most powerful jewels to save his life. Second time she came with Archer to confront Lancer to save him again. I don't even think she meant to kill him when she attacked him at school but was trying to scare him into relinquishing the command seals and protecting him from the war. She's nursed him back to health several times and even is trying to help him get a handle on his own powers as well as had him swallow a jewel to help kick start his abilities since he didn't inherit the family mark. I don't think she would do this unless she has a very deep affection toward him or she wouldn't of made that comment when she saw Emiya and Saber holding hands.

Now the question is will she have any idea on how to help him learn since she now realizes he is on a wholly different level of Sorcery from her and all the other masters? Reminds me of the old story Magician Apprentice of the Riftwar Saga where he wanted nothing more than to be a magician but couldn't do any type of spell right even the ones commoners could do and it turned out he was on a totally different plane of magic than any other magicians and his magic was the strongest and rarest type of all.

Last edited by molitar; 2006-03-18 at 22:18.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 22:02   Link #79
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hm is weird that people didnt brought this up about Shirou's *Tracing* ability. Do u guys notices when he trace, theres 1 green line path? now in this episode we see two, i wonder...as this story progresses, will the # of green lines increases? showing how powerful his tracing ability will reach.

It seems like Shirou can control his ability when in battle or in a quiet place, why is he breaking all these light bulbs? is there a limit to what kinds of items he can trace, like er...glass items for example.

hm about this episode, i'd give this ep. a 9, since the battle are not that long, mostly talking. *Sigh* i dislike Shinji, poor taiga, why would he kick her...just to flare up Shirou even more to kick his (Shinji's) ass? lol. I really like how Rider unleashes her NP(Noble Phantasm), i wonder if each servant unlocks their NP would it either cause a storm, nuclear explosion or typhoon...o.O. At the end, i kind of like how Shirou accepts Saber as a fighter now instead of a woman, he FINALLY acknowledges Saber's power that he cant fight byself since one man cant project the whole world, ne?

in next episode, we dont see Shinji (weird...eh?) wonder will hes off hiding..
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 22:16   Link #80
molitar

I just realized something else after watching the battle scene again that the trace seemed to do more than just reinforce his body but also strengthen him immensely. Look at how he drags Shinji back up when he's sliding down the wall with a single hand and litterally turns Shinji head towards him. He could of choked him to death with his single hand possibly even breaking Shinji's neck.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote