AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 38 27.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 37.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 29.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-18, 22:41   Link #81
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
hm is weird that people didnt brought this up about Shirou's *Tracing* ability. Do u guys notices when he trace, theres 1 green line path? now in this episode we see two, i wonder...as this story progresses, will the # of green lines increases? showing how powerful his tracing ability will reach.

It seems like Shirou can control his ability when in battle or in a quiet place, why is he breaking all these light bulbs? is there a limit to what kinds of items he can trace, like er...glass items for example.
Shirou was trying to Strengthen the Lamps, not Tracing. Rin is mentioning how Shirou's violating the Law of Equivilent Exchange when she saw what he was doing in the shed.
Old 2006-03-18, 22:56   Link #82
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I gave this episode a 9 after re-watching it subbed. Could have done with more Rin, some less talking, and not so much red background making it hard to see what was going on. Otherwise I'd have given it a 10. Seeing Shinji squirm while being single-handedly strangled was a very rare treat I enjoyed immensely.
Old 2006-03-18, 23:23   Link #83
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Shirou's ability is very interesting, as we all can see later.
Old 2006-03-18, 23:49   Link #84
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Shirou was trying to Strengthen the Lamps, not Tracing. Rin is mentioning how Shirou's violating the Law of Equivilent Exchange when she saw what he was doing in the shed.
my bad, it confuses me when he says *Trace On*, thought he was doing tracing >_<....hm...i wonder if there a lvl in reinforcement, maybe if all the green lines are activitated, the object will become in-destructible? LOL

@Stormy001 , heh isnt Shirou's ability is to have all the girls? he already have 2 piece in his house...is needs 2 more xD

edit: I have a question...Im kinda confuse on Rin's Statement when she and Saber were in the storage room, where they saw all these things that Shirou reinforced. Does she mean that even without offering something to reinforce an object, Shirou can freely ignore the *Law of Equivalent trade* and reinforce an object without offering something to do it?

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2006-03-19 at 00:01.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 00:12   Link #85
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
edit: I have a question...Im kinda confuse on Rin's Statement when she and Saber were in the storage room, where they saw all these things that Shirou reinforced. Does she mean that even without offering something to reinforce an object, Shirou can freely ignore the *Law of Equivalent trade* and reinforce an object without offering something to do it?
Take note of the objects that were in the storage.

Notice anything particular about them?
Old 2006-03-19, 00:20   Link #86
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Take note of the objects that were in the storage.

Notice anything particular about them?
they have become iron...what next? steel?bronze?silver?gold?admanantite?mithril? :O!!!!
Old 2006-03-19, 00:35   Link #87
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

+5 Holy Metalline Aurorium Teapot!
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 00:41   Link #88
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

It seems like his level 2 reinforcement is activated when he is...angry? so far, thats what i have seen, *makes Shirou even angrier* than Shirou activates all his reinforcement lines...:O!!
Old 2006-03-19, 00:43   Link #89
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I'm sure we'll see them all light up after he's completed his harem and then someone threatens it.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 00:46   Link #90
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
I'm sure we'll see them all light up after he's completed his harem and then someone threatens it.
what ur talking about? i got 3 of them...see? 2 in my sig. and 1 in my avatar, no way he can find/get them muhuhu...muhuhuh...MUAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!
Old 2006-03-19, 02:12   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ An I got another one in my av .. I'll see if I can spare a little bit of time to get another in my sig ... but probably ... I cant
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 02:36   Link #92
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Geh, law of equivalent exchange.
Rin said something about him being able to bring in objects that "had no previous existance", so
Spoiler:
Or is he just changing elemental properties of objects?
Btw, Kira, that's a neat sig you got there.

EDIT: Pointless, but this sorta reminded me of an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the future was depicted as being covered in chrome.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 02:42   Link #93
BrokenWingz

When Rider kick's Shirou out of the window, would Shirou have 'died' or sustained a decent injury even thought he was in 'trace' mode but since Rider knew that her dagger wouldve kill him then maybe she thought the kick would do something.

This ep did suprise me in perspective of Shirou, before watching it or even around the line when he said why you Shinji on the phone(which didnt sound very WHAT ARE YOU DOING SHINJI) kind of angry yelling. I didnt think that Shirou was the type that would get serious to be ready to kill anyone since he was the type that would avoid the battles if neccesary and would rather fight a battle by himself rather then see someone else get hurt.

Also how did Rider only use her NP to do 'alot' of damage to the whole floor but not much to Shirou and Saber.

Soo watching it i'd give 8 as an ep but since i'll rate it out of the other ep, 9 cause it was the most entertaining episode yet which im looking forward to next week's ep too!
Old 2006-03-19, 03:09   Link #94
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

Quote:
they have become iron...what next? steel?bronze?silver?gold?admanantite?mithril? :O!!!!
What about Orihalcon? *le gasp!* That would be awsome...
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:16   Link #95
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
When Rider kick's Shirou out of the window, would Shirou have 'died' or sustained a decent injury even thought he was in 'trace' mode but since Rider knew that her dagger wouldve kill him then maybe she thought the kick would do something.
She said that she couldn't kill Shirou with her weapon, but it doesn't mean he's invincible. Surely a fall that high would kill many a skilled magician
Anyways, awesome episode!
Enjoyed the action sequences coupled with a kickass score very much.
Good to see Shirou developping into a more prominent main character, hopefully the newfound trust between Saber and Shirou holds as Shirou comprimises some of his ideals.
Saber's reaction to Rin's query about the simple dress was kinda weird, especially after the whole spiel about putting aside her gender for the grail wars.

*off topic
@KiNa
omg it's Dizzy! <3
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:19   Link #96
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

now we going Ragnarok Online..+10 Orichon Wooden Stick!!!! LOL

anyways back on thread topic, it seems like as the story progesses Shirou can change the form of the objects when he reinforce it. When he was fighting Lancer, he reinforced the steel pipe to make it stronger, now when he reinforces a wooden stick, he manages to reinforce it to iron. i wonder if theres a higher lvl than his reinforcement, like change the wooden stick to a sword, like Rin said *Materializing the objects, ignoring the laws of equivalent trade* ahh back to FMA (full metal alchemists) -__- lolz

edit: hm ...rewatching, i think ...that
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-19, 03:19   Link #97
BrokenWingz

Whoops spelling error wouldve= wouldn't have xD
Old 2006-03-19, 03:53   Link #98
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

9/10

Great and solid episode. Probably, as for the sum of all the elements, the best so far. Surely, until now the one which comes closer to how in my mind Fate/stay night was meant to be. I don't give 10 because for that I expect some further improvements, maybe a defined result for a fighting (and not a retreat), and.. let's say.. 2 minutes less of talking substituted by 2 minutes more of fighting.

Memorable scene when the summoned Saber saves the falling Shirou. Excellent Rider-Saber fight interaction. Shinji's cowardly was depicted just divinely. For the first time, we get to see Shirou really concerned about the war.
Nice shot of tsundere Rin when worrying about Shirou (".. it was not a big deal after all..." with that face and expression that belongs to her so much . Loved that, probably I'll gif it later).
As a general underline for the episode, the bright smile from Saber at the end, kissed by the shining sun.

Godness.
Old 2006-03-19, 05:09   Link #99
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
+5 Holy Metalline Aurorium Teapot!
One day, the people living there are going to die from drinking tea in a rusting teapot.

I think even though Shirou says 'Trace, on', I think it's because his adoptive father told him that he was doing Tracing, and it never occured to Shirou that something above Tracing existed. And just because we see that wire line thing, doesn't mean that Shirou can see it too, it could just be a representation of his ability.
Old 2006-03-19, 05:22   Link #100
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
my bad, it confuses me when he says *Trace On*, thought he was doing tracing >_<....hm...i wonder if there a lvl in reinforcement, maybe if all the green lines are activitated, the object will become in-destructible? LOL
I'm confused about this "Trace On" he keeps doing. It doesn't do anything until this episode. What's it suppose to mean?

Someone please clarify before more mumbo-jumbo will be mentioned in future episodes.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote