AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Da Capo SS Girl
Kotori 19 45.24%
Aisia 2 4.76%
Nemu 12 28.57%
Miharu 2 4.76%
Mako 1 2.38%
Moe 1 2.38%
Sakura 1 2.38%
Alice 4 9.52%
Nanako 0 0%
Tamaki 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-19, 09:59   Link #1
Khaos

Favorite Da Capo Second Season Girl

I think it's time to make a new poll for DCSS, since it's almost finished.
So, who's you're favorite girl from the Second Season?
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 10:14   Link #2
Furudanuki

My favorite has not changed since the first season, so Nemu will get my vote again. I know she is not going to win a popularity contest against Kotori - who I also like - but there is just something about Nemu that I find compelling.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 11:00   Link #3
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Actually, I voted for Nemu too. Not only did I like her better in the second season than the first, but the characters I really liked from the first season (Mako, Moe, and Sakura) didn't really make enough appearances to say that they were my favorites.
Old 2006-03-19, 12:13   Link #4
shadowplay
passive observer

DCSS was such total disapoitment in the end, I wonder what was the point of the show besides taking some more money out of japanese DC fans vallets.
The only 'party-breaker' in the show seemed to be Aisia, so there goes my vote. As for Nemu, DIE NEMU DIE!
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 15:28   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Dcss means I'll have to go with Kotori. Her expanded role was nice to see.

I don't see how anyone could like Nemu though.
Spoiler for anti Nemu rant:

Kotori on the other hand is a sweet, kind, caring character, who always puts others ahead of herself. Unfortunately, this series took it to the extreme. I would have loved seeing Kotori stand up for herself when Nemu came back, but it never happened.

That, along with how easily Junichi and Nemu got back together after the "misunderstandings" each of them had represent bad writing in my opinion.
Old 2006-03-20, 07:15   Link #6
DaFool
Resident devil

Chiwassu! (shorthand for Konnichiwa)

.Nuff said. I'd bed that girl in 0.0000001 seconds, no questions.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 08:02   Link #7
Forever
Revealing the truth

And my vote continues to crush the competition! Kotori all the way!

If there was a real life kotori, I will definitely go after her all the way and crush my competitors with well timed accidents! Beware real life Juinchis!
Old 2006-03-20, 08:17   Link #8
Khaos

I didn't vote yet, since I've only seen DCSS until Ep 12...but I tend to favor Kotori more and more...just imagine having such a beautiful kind redhead caring selflessly for you for two years...what material is Junichi made of? Dead wood?

EDIT:
And about Nemu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Khaos; 2006-03-20 at 08:39.
Old 2006-03-20, 09:50   Link #9
EdenB
Overlord

Spoiler for Spoiler's for episodes 3 - 20ish:
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 15:51   Link #10
Khaos

Somehow it's a shame I had to leave Misaki out, though she doesn't appear often.
Old 2006-03-20, 16:54   Link #11
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, as much as I like Kotori, it's Alice that gets the vote. I liked her from day one ni this series, and didn't stop liking her even once Oh, and purple hair + named Alice FTW.
Old 2006-03-20, 18:26   Link #12
Keitarou
Ninja

Kotori of course. The only reason why I suffered through yet again 26 episodes.

She's in my "top 10 female characters" list and Yui Horie is another bonus. Besides she was the only character who was actually likeable and got development in the show, all of the new characters were wasted and the old ones were annoying as ever. :)

Fanboyish attitude? Yep and I'm proud of it. ;)

Old 2006-04-10, 05:03   Link #13
Khaos

Time to push this thread up again, after the series is complete.

So, let's see...
My favs from SS are Kotori, Aisia, Nemu, Alice, Sakura (and Misaki).

Kotori:
Red hair and "chiwassu", don't need to say more.
Just...she hides her true feelings too well, playing happy when she really isn't, which creates some sort of distance to her character.

Aisia:
Did really like her, especially her voice, she just is too stubborn in the end. It matches her on the other hand, if you just look at her age and her life story so far.

Nemu:
Her problem: She is his from the very beginning and everyone knows it, so the tension from season one isn't there at all, you just know from the beginning, how it will end. But...she really is loveable and seeing her cry in Ep 25 washes away all bad feelings that came up earlier through these well-constructed misunderstandings.

Alice:
Out of all the other girls, Alice is my favorite, she seems by far the kindest and calmest...can't say it better, she's just the most adorable of all.

Sakura:
Love her still like in season one, but her story is already over and so, there's not much about her to see or to say.

(Misaki:
I don't care if with cat-ears or without...just why doesn't she have more time on the screen? )

About the others:

Mako:
Liked her much more in season one.

Moe:
Only seems to be there for some really bad jokes.

Miharu:
Dog? Little kid? Don't know, just not my type.

Nanako:
That type of anime character I hate most...

Tamaki:
Nice...but nothing more.

So....my final vote goes to...Alice, she's the only one from those ten, I can't find anything disturbing about.
Old 2006-04-10, 09:22   Link #14
karloch
Old School Knight

My vote was for Nemu. I know that she did the things REALLY BAD, leaving Junichi alone and don't sending him a single letter. Too bad for her. But in the end she is a really good girl and she proves how much she loves him.

However, I can't finish my message without talking of Kotori. She has been the most caring person in both seasons. She was the true lead of the "support unit". She really doesn't deserve her fate in the series. I was so sad to see her reaction at the Nemu's surprise return.

However, they are my favourite girls, but my favourite character in the two series is without doubt: Suginami!! He is a very misterious character that is damn funny, but he also knows perfectly the situation in each moment and always offer very valuable advices to Junichi... It's like he simply knows everything, although he let the things go in the normal course without interfiere.
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 09:32   Link #15
KBTKaiser

*is torn between Nemu and Mako*

Having read manga of both DC volumes and the first 2 DCSG, watched every ep of both seasons, and played basically every DC game...I can't decide. @_@

Nemu: She's always had a jealousy problem, and I accept that. Junichi's just too nice for his own good sometimes, that's all.

Mako: I must be a sucker for Tsun-dere type characters, but Mako's character is so interesting...>>; It's junichi's fault for teasing her so much in a manner of speaking. ^^;
KBTKaiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 22:12   Link #16
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Wow, hadn't seen this topic.

A toughie between Kotori, Mako, Sakura and Alice - if only I could vote for all 4. However, Sakura and Alice got even less attention that the other two here, so I'll leave it between Mako and Kotori.

And my favourite's Kotori - so my vote goes for her. Poor Mako though, I'd have voted for her if I'd known she had no votes so far...

Nemu, well...never liked her, never will.
Old 2006-05-02, 00:41   Link #17
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, I guess I might as well post my picks now too...

I suppose I could make my vote count more if I made a different choice, but I honestly have to agree with the masses that Kotori was really the highlight of Second Season, for me. This not because I was at all upset at Nemu's "comeback" - on the contrary, while seeing Kotori finally find her own happiness would have nice too, she totally shone in Second Season. The brilliant contrast between the beach scenes in episode 1 & 14 definitely stick out, as well as the way she played into the whole story arc. I know a lot of people were bitter that she didn't play a "star role" in their minds, but I thought she was one of the stars of the shows regardless.

In terms of a second pick, that'd actually have to go to Sakura. Her return really marked the beginning of, what I thought, was the real "second half" plot arc in Second Season. Every appearance was important, and her words just dripped with the wisdom and experience she gained after season one. I never really liked Sakura that much in season one, but she was so critical in Second Season. It looks like she'll probably be instrumental in the same way for D.C. II... Brilliant!

Third, I'd go with Aisia. She brought the one essential thing the "fake-happy" Da Capo world needed in a post-season-one reality: skepticism. "Happy Ends" are never that easy; they always come at a price. In many ways, I still think she had a point, but that's what drove the bittersweet reality home. While she had a lot of good scenes in the show, her farewell scene is my favourite of all. A most fitting farewell to the D.C. cast.

And fourth, but certainly not far behind, is Nemu. I said before that liking her more than the other characters wasn't really the point of Second Season, to me, and I still think that's true. To me, she may not have been the star, but she was in every way the "right girl" for Junichi. A lot of people didn't like that her love was "too easy", but I always accepted that second season wasn't about "that". First Season showed us how Nemu and Junichi accepted their feelings for each other, and Second Season turns that into a "happily after ever", in spite of trials. Good for them.

In terms of my favourite new (P.S.) character, I'd also have to go with Alice here. Just a lot to like, really. Cute, kind, and just shy/distant enough to have a bit of that "moe~" charm. Her "obligation episode" was definitely my favourite. Yes, AvatarST, I still have to play her path in the game (I've been going through all the P.C. game paths one-by-one in order before the second game arrives... almost there!), but she's definitely my favourite addition to the D.C. crew. I'd have to say that I like Tamaki too, but she didn't really shine quite as much in the anime, I don't think (though she had some good scenes, for sure).

Anyway... my choices, and justification some 4 months after the final episode aired. Maybe I'll re-evaluate things again as I go through everything again on DVD, but that's where things stand with me at the moment.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 06:47   Link #18
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yes, AvatarST, I still have to play her path in the game (I've been going through all the P.C. game paths one-by-one in order before the second game arrives... almost there!)
I sure hope that means you're leaving the best for last.

And actually, she's probably more distant than you think, but I'd leave you to find that by yourself. Her route is good, and her after story in DCSV is just as sweet.
Old 2006-05-02, 14:00   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
I sure hope that means you're leaving the best for last.

And actually, she's probably more distant than you think, but I'd leave you to find that by yourself. Her route is good, and her after story in DCSV is just as sweet.
I mean in the order in which they appear on the character list/avatar chart in the game. So main crew first, then secondary crew, then P.C. characters, then secret characters. Sounds good though - I'm looking forward to it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:33   Link #20
◕‿‿◕

Out of curiosity, which routes have you played so far?