AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-29, 23:43   Link #41
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Konoha Boxing Gym (KBG)
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I also liked the way they used the "GTO-style, shocked face" look on the characters. You wouldn't think they were 5th graders when you see them that way! :lol:
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 00:49   Link #42
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 35
Awesome!!! Especially the 3rd period... LOL That missunderstanding was awesome!!!
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:13   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drytchnath
Hmmm, which sub to get...Kaze or Butchi? Anyone know why Butchi's is 230mb compared to Kaze's 173mb??? As far as could tell they're the same format...I'm inclined to get Kaze's since ive never even heard of the Butchi Fansub group though. Any suggestions? I'm dying to see this but dont wanna waste bandwidth.
On ButChi's webpage, he writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButChi
Originally i planned to sub this release in Thai but somehow even I'm a native I can't write Thai properly --" so i released in English.
Unfortunately, ButChi can't write English properly either. Unfortuntely his English isn't good enough for him to know how badly he is writing. (He needs an editor in the worst way.) Get anyone else's version. I watched KazeNoKoe's version and it was wonderful.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:38   Link #44
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Avatars

I cut up a few avatars if anyone wants to use one (or two or more). Some of the facial expressions were quite humorous. Loved the subtle sound effects as well. Excellent animation. Nice moods and nice use of simple color washes.

A



S













Cheers.

/Edit: Oh, and I made this generic Signature "style" image. Simple scene. Thought it was cute.

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:56   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Unfortunately we can't properly appreciate her collarbones in that shot... They are only hinted at in the lighting. Do you think you could make an avatar better suited to showing off her sexy collarbones?
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:57   Link #46
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

Unfortunately, ButChi can't write English properly either. Unfortuntely his English isn't good enough for him to know how badly he is writing. (He needs an editor in the worst way.) Get anyone else's version. I watched KazeNoKoe's version and it was wonderful.
Thanks NoSanninWa, Kaze it is!
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 03:01   Link #47
ButChi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
On ButChi's webpage, he writes:

Unfortunately, ButChi can't write English properly either. Unfortuntely his English isn't good enough for him to know how badly he is writing. (He needs an editor in the worst way.) Get anyone else's version. I watched KazeNoKoe's version and it was wonderful.
Yeah you're right i know my English sux bad, and i really need an editor(which i had one but he turn out to be on vacation in China) so if you can kindly help me by checking my grammars it would be great.

PS. My file is bigger because i also included the sweet kiss dub version(dual audio)
ButChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 03:52   Link #48
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Oh, and I made this generic Signature "style" image. Simple scene. Thought it was cute.

Would you mind if I used this? I really like it.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 06:31   Link #49
nolanvoid
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes bucho just released it in mkv but it's unplayable.. mostly
nolanvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 17:02   Link #50
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Unfortunately we can't properly appreciate her collarbones in that shot... They are only hinted at in the lighting. Do you think you could make an avatar better suited to showing off her sexy collarbones?
You know...you're so right. What was I looking at in that shot? Hmmm...loosing my touch...here's a bit of hot collarbone action (might not be safe for work):



Keep your peepers off my collarbones!


You saw them, didn't you?

Collarbones!!
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 17:03   Link #51
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku
Would you mind if I used this? I really like it.
Absolutely. Go right ahead and use it. Glad you like it. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 17:17   Link #52
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButChi
PS. My file is bigger because i also included the sweet kiss dub version(dual audio)
for those who missed this, some of the versions out there might not include the alternate audio.
personally i dont think sweet kiss are cut out to be seiyuu, and their inclusion is mostly a gimmick,
but its pretty rare ime to find anime with multiple J soundtracks so I thought it was interesting...


Also: I thought this was funny:
http://www.the-triad.org/modules.php...rder=0&thold=0
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 17:40   Link #53
aceleader
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
for those who missed this, some of the versions out there might not include the alternate audio.
personally i dont think sweet kiss are cut out to be seiyuu, and their inclusion is mostly a gimmick,
but its pretty rare ime to find anime with multiple J soundtracks so I thought it was interesting...
saaya irie was meant to be stared at.. not to be listened to
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 18:02   Link #54
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Absolutely. Go right ahead and use it. Glad you like it. Cheers.
Yay! Thank you very much!
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 19:07   Link #55
ZeRoGravity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Oh man, some funny stuff in this one but thinking about the sex jokes in it makes me feel like a pedo watching this. The animation and art are great, the artist made the female character look very sexy in some scenes despite the age of the characters, with the emphasis on the lips etc. I love the first period, probably of because Aihara just like her quiet and mysterious characteristics, and the exaggerated expression on Sato adds to the humor. Anyways, it was a great and hilarious first ep. makes me wanna read the manga now.
__________________
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 20:33   Link #56
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
You know there's some manga series you read that hope you'd like to be animated, but you know there's next to no chance of it actually happening. This is one of them, and I was pleasantly surprised at the results.

I really do hope they continue the series, though, since I'd like to at least see the 'chalk' episode animated. XD


As a very long aside, I do agree with the Triad's comments: the other subs aren't perfect. (I love the manga so much I actually watch all the versions, multiple times xD) That said, KnKf's wasn't that bad. In fact, it's VERY GOOD apart from some parts of the lyrics that made me go 'huh?' (it's the only subs, apart from Triad's, that made sense with the collarbone episode). It's all excellent except for the part where they translated 'hyena' as wolf; sure in English it's more understandable if we call someone as a wolf, but I think it was an unnecessary change as hyena evokes the same imagery/meaning. A bit liberal with the translation, but still acceptable. One thing though, the '6 minutes remaining' bit concerning a sport with no time limit (baseball) was too much for me and I couldn't help but lmao AT the translation; sorry KnKf staff, but that was one hell of a boo boo there. XD

And I don't care what Triad says, Yu did a decent job for a ~24 hour, one-man (woman?) job. Having seen horrible subtitles made by 'professionals' in dramas, Yu's was actually watchable. Didn't have a problem playing it either; maybe the reviewer they quoted didn't have the proper codec/configuration or whatever (I use Defiler pack, if that's any indication). Sure Yu wasn't perfect, but IMO it's a pass unlike the later ones.

I know I really shouldn't be saying it in this forum, and he's one of the people whose words one should just always take it in stride, but I find Lord Brian's claim that 'high-quality is what fansubbing is all about' to be quite amusing. While some people like high-quality work, IMO most anime out there that are watchable aren't THAT good enough to be worth the wait of 'ultra high quality' subs (a licensed, very popular mecha series that would remain nameless comes to mind). And those that are good enough, they're the ones that one can rewatch over and over again that watching the speed sub now and the 'ultra high quality' later doesn't take away any of the enjoyment at all.

As for other groups who want to sub this OVA, bring it on! I can't get enough Kyou no Go no Ni, and so I'll watch it ALL. ^_^ (Looking forward to Doremi and C1's versions, judging from what has been said here XD)


EDIT: Just finished watching Triad's version for the second time. All's well and good, except for the tiny detail where they translated Chika and Ryouta's relationship as 'friends' instead of 'childhood friends'.

Spoiler:


Now if someone were to release a version with cussing and all, just to make it funnier, I'd be even happier. I mean, if Ryouta said 'Hell yeah! I managed to bullshit my way out of that mess!" in the second period, it makes it a bit funnier, mainly because he DID bullshit his way out. XD

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2006-03-30 at 21:15.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 21:10   Link #57
TronDD
Team the box!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Badside
Wow, this show totally slipped under my radar. I didn't recognize the Japanese title.
I liked the manga a lot. I'll enjoy watching this. "Collarbones" was my favorite story.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 21:25   Link #58
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
EDIT: Just finished watching Triad's version for the second time. All's well and good, except for the tiny detail where they translated Chika and Ryouta's relationship as 'friends' instead of 'childhood friends'.
The actual line we used was "We've just always been friends" implying that, well, they've always been friends...presumably from childhood, considering they're in 5th grade. Putting something like "We've been friends since childhood," or the ultra-lame "We're childhood friends" just doesn't make sense considering their situation.

As for my post, I didn't mean that fansubbing was all about high-quality releases. I just meant that it wasn't about the pure shit that most groups strive for, where most problems can be corrected before release if someone would actually open their eyes and watch their work for once. I won't continue this off-topic conversation here, though. If you want to discuss this, either make a separate topic, or if you don't want it locked or deleted, post it on the Triad boards.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 00:04   Link #59
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
The actual line we used was "We've just always been friends" implying that, well, they've always been friends...presumably from childhood, considering they're in 5th grade. Putting something like "We've been friends since childhood," or the ultra-lame "We're childhood friends" just doesn't make sense considering their situation.
I think the gist of what they were trying to convey was that those two knew each other for a longer time than the others, relatively... I might have used "old friends" or something perhaps. (six of one...)

Imo, even if you first met someone in the 5th grade, they would still qualify
as osananajimi. So yeah, its kindof weird for a 5th grader to talk like he's a college
student. Heck, compared to the the college students portrayed in Honey & Clover, the characters from 5no2 seem older mentally...

The trend of using abnormally young characters to portray older people is sortof strange, imo. Im pretty sure a more realistic story about 5th graders would be alot less titillating.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:59   Link #60
Archuka
A territory most absolute
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Finland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
I know I really shouldn't be saying it in this forum, and he's one of the people whose words one should just always take it in stride, but I find Lord Brian's claim that 'high-quality is what fansubbing is all about' to be quite amusing. While some people like high-quality work, IMO most anime out there that are watchable aren't THAT good enough to be worth the wait of 'ultra high quality' subs (a licensed, very popular mecha series that would remain nameless comes to mind). And those that are good enough, they're the ones that one can rewatch over and over again that watching the speed sub now and the 'ultra high quality' later doesn't take away any of the enjoyment at all.
I strongly disagree! The first time is always the most special (I'm still talking about anime) and therefore it has to be of highest possible quality. I tend to always wait for groups that I know can make high quality work. It annoys me to no end when series discussion topics are always an episode or two ahead of me because impatient people start discussing the episodes based on crappy speed subs or raws. >_<
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.