AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-03-20, 19:47   Link #1
Jungy69

Download Problems....

I have a linksys Router BEFSR41v4 and a very good computer. I have Rogers Highspeed Cable I have had fast speeds for sometime and my friends who are on the same service seems to be experience no problems with speed. Well the trouble is I have had speeds of 300+ on bitlord until I ran a wizard on sharing files through a router. I have disabled the firewall that it enabled automatically through that wizard. I have tried multiple things with ports but no luck in getting my speed back to where it was. I have tried multiple bit torrent clients and read numerous guides to no solution so to this forum I come too as my last hope. Please guide me o wise ones! I have used bit torando quite a bit, but due to problems i switched to bitlord. Thank You!

Last edited by Jungy69; 2006-03-20 at 20:00.
Jungy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 21:19   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well your first problem is that you use bitlord. It's an outdated version of bitcomet hacked to include adware. You should use a real client like µtorrent. At least switch to bitcomet, which is the same thing as bitlord only not as broken and with no adware.

As for the speed issue, I suspect it's got more to do with your isp. It seems they're throttleing bt traffic. Dslreports.com has a guide in their forum that recommends using port 1720 on rodgers along with encryption. The latest verions of µtorrent, azureus, and bitcomet all support encryption, though bitcomet's version isn't compatable.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me shall come along soon.
Old 2006-03-20, 23:11   Link #3
Jungy69

Alright i Switched to azureus and after some tinkering I have mangaged to get encryption on but it still seems a little lacking in speed...Any thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited by Jungy69; 2006-03-21 at 00:15.
Old 2006-03-21, 01:00   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

do you get a green ball or yellow ball? Try test connection and see what it shows. it should pass. if not, it's probably your firewall or that your ports are not being forwarded correctly.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 01:27   Link #5
Jungy69

Yup its all green. I've been reading up on the matter and it turns out Rogers is throttling our bit torrent.....If anyone is from the Ontario area is Bell any better?
Old 2006-03-21, 07:18   Link #6
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Bell doesn't throttle. The last time they tried to throttle (for whatever reason) I believe they got on the recieving end of a class action suit.

As far as I know, its counterparts in other regions (Alliant to the east and Telus to the west) don't throttle either.
Old 2006-03-21, 12:41   Link #7
Jungy69

Quick question Im currently using Azureus with listen port 1755 and encryption RC4 and both allowed for allowing both incoming and outgoing non-encrypted users. I'm gonna guess the 1755 port is not working anymore..anyone have any leads? Cause my downloads just went back to 10-15.....

Last edited by Jungy69; 2006-03-21 at 18:12.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:44   Link #8
sophismata
いいえ

Get out of that port range. Use 50295 or something around there. It may help; the 1800ish range is normally hit by ISP's.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 22:20   Link #9
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Hi, I dont want to make a new thread. so I just decided to post my DL problem here.

Client: Bitcomet 0.63
ISP: asdl (direct connections, no router)

Every once in awhile when a new torrent comes out. it has tons of peers. around 20k and around 100-300 seeders. but when I turn on BitComet and start dling. its starting out real slow. and never seems to improve, about an average speed of 10-20kb/s. and it only shows just a fraction of 2000-8000 peers and 1-10 seeder.

Im not sure how it operates, but when I look at peer's list download speed. they have download speed of reaching 150-200kb/s transfer. some of em are just blank. heres a screenshot

[img=http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4918/bitcommetscreeny2gi.th.jpg]

maybe Im just missing something here. its my first time to ask about this. I normally just wait. How shoulld I improve my dl speed?
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 23:00   Link #10
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
New torrents are always slow at first. As a test pause the torrent then pick up again in a few hours.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 01:27   Link #11
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
your right about that part,

I dont seems to get how others can reach 100+kb/s
speed. when I leave it for 4-8 hrs. I just get an average of 35-60kb/s
Old 2006-03-23, 08:57   Link #12
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Whats the speed of your connection?

Btw those people usually are lucky enough to connect to the orginal seeders, which usually have a really good connection.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 15:25   Link #13
Limiter
Dead Apostle

My usual dl speed is around 105kb/s according to a speed tester.
Old 2006-03-23, 15:56   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limiter
My usual dl speed is around 105kb/s according to a speed tester.
Try limiting your upload to about 75-80% of your max. You need to leave some overhead so your client can communicate with other peers.

However, that might not help in this particular case. As kurz said, new torrents are slow at first. You can also get situations where everyone is at about the same percent of completion, so everyone is waiting for the next piece to be distributed.When you get a slow torrent like that, try sorting by the percent completed. If you see a lot of people at about the same percent, you're going to have to wait a while. I usually just stop it then start again later when there are more seeds.
Old 2006-03-23, 16:14   Link #15
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

oh a little heads up about rogers...

Rogers had received many complains about P2P users taking up all the bandwidth (which is don't believe for a single second) so they drive the bandwidth for all P2P programs down to almost zero in attempts to raise there speed, which me and my friends discovered is now slower. Don't ask me how, but it seems azu can get around this.

EDIT: i now realize this may seem not to have anything to do with this thread but it was in response to his first question when he switched to azu
Old 2006-03-23, 16:52   Link #16
Limiter
Dead Apostle

thanks for response. I guess I'll stick to it.
Old 2006-03-23, 20:29   Link #17
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I'm having problems d/l'ng the promo of AMG2, put out by Anime one and Anime Yuki. I'm using the latest version of TorrenTopia, which usually works great. Once in a great while, but everytime, in this case, I get an error saying that it's been rejected by the tracker, and needs some sort of support. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 23:05   Link #18
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung
I'm having problems d/l'ng the promo of AMG2, put out by Anime one and Anime Yuki. I'm using the latest version of TorrenTopia, which usually works great. Once in a great while, but everytime, in this case, I get an error saying that it's been rejected by the tracker, and needs some sort of support. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Probably that you need support for the "Key" announce paramater or "no_peer_id", which is only missing from clients that are older and lacking in features.
Old 2006-03-24, 02:09   Link #19
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I'm using the latest version (1.90, which came out 12/05) of TorrenTopia, so it's not old. This happens occasionally, but after a day or two, it's usually ok. I've been trying to d/l the promo ever since it came out, and I haven't had any luck. I've even tried going to Anime Yuki's site, and getting from there.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 02:47   Link #20
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung
I'm using the latest version (1.90, which came out 12/05) of TorrenTopia, so it's not old. This happens occasionally, but after a day or two, it's usually ok. I've been trying to d/l the promo ever since it came out, and I haven't had any luck. I've even tried going to Anime Yuki's site, and getting from there.
Have you tried any other clients? Bittornado, µtorrent, and azureus are all good choices. Of them, I'd recommend µtorrent fror general use, bittornado for seeding. Torrentopia doesn't seen very well supported, given the last update was in december, there are few posts in the forum, and the site seems to lack even a basic faq. Though I can't comment on it's performance, as I hadn't even heard of it previously.