AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2007-02-15, 09:59   Link #1201
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

You mean about the 4th Hokage? And the Kyuubi...
Old 2007-02-15, 13:52   Link #1202
Pale Sqwish

would Shippuuden have a licensing contract with the original Naruto series or is it another whole series?
Old 2007-02-15, 14:11   Link #1203
TheAnswer
\/|\/|

Send a message via MSN to TheAnswer
Been wondering that too but I assume that its going to be considered a whole new series after all they went through the trouble to add a new name to the series and are starting the episode numbering from the beginning.
TheAnswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:21   Link #1204
Rahan

It has been asked several times everywhere on this forum.
Shipuuden is considered as licenced by Animesuki.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 01:05   Link #1205
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

To be honest I haven't seen the new non-filler yet(I have a few months before I can) but from the comments I can take it that they included a bit of filler in it. Isn't that to be expected? I'm not sure why people are complaining unless they want the anime to catch back up to the manga in a few months so that we have to watch years of filler again. There is bound to be a certain amount of filler with every ongoing anime series. It has to be done simply because of the shear amount of animation in an anime as compared to a manga. Well, unless you do an anime series with like 7 minute episodes. Which has been done I suppose.

"If at first you don't succeed...just have someone else do it for you."
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 00:50   Link #1206
sarugetyou

ok i've been out of naruto scene for a long long time (to avoid those stupid ass fillers obviously), and glad to see that the filler has finally ended.

so here are my questions:
1. what is Shipuuden? is it something that's filler related?
2. it says fillers end on feb 15th... so which episode # should i start watching again?
so far i've seen up to episode 135...
sarugetyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 01:13   Link #1207
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarugetyou View Post
ok i've been out of naruto scene for a long long time (to avoid those stupid ass fillers obviously), and glad to see that the filler has finally ended.

so here are my questions:
1. what is Shipuuden? is it something that's filler related?
Shippuden or Hurricane Chronicles is a NEW Naruto series, covering "Part 2" of the manga story arc. It is what Dragon Ball Z was to the original Dragon Ball anime - there is a "time skip", and the characters are now older. In the Naruto: Shippuden anime, it has been about 2.5 years after the events of the original Naruto series.

It is NOT filler-related, as the main story now reverts back/coincides with the manga story. But expect to see some fillers in the episodes themselves as they will have to "drag" each one so as to not quickly catch up to the manga.

Quote:
2. it says fillers end on feb 15th... so which episode # should i start watching again?
WOW! LUCKY YOU! You have watched exactly up until the episodes where the anime STOPPED following the manga and introduced almost two years of filler episodes! You may now safely watch Shippuden starting from episode 1 onwards and you wouldn't have missed a thing!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 02:05   Link #1208
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
Quote:
WOW! LUCKY YOU! You have watched exactly up until the episodes where the anime STOPPED following the manga and introduced almost two years of filler episodes! You may now safely watch Shippuden starting from episode 1 onwards and you wouldn't have missed a thing!
Yes, I agree with ShadowClone. I hate sarugetyou also for having this kind of luck. Why? Why? Why only sarugetyou? Why couldn't have been me also?
Old 2007-02-18, 07:41   Link #1209
ShikaShika
無罪

What do you mean, luck? He said he quit because of the fillers, sounds more like good sense to me (did the same thing), don't take that away from him.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 14:54   Link #1210
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
What do you mean, luck? He said he quit because of the fillers, sounds more like good sense to me (did the same thing), don't take that away from him.
Lies! Lies! I know your hands are dirty just as mine from watching a few filler here and there. I've proof of your camerwork in a few episode discussion threads. While Sarugetyou will get the benefit of the doubt, you will not.
Old 2007-02-18, 19:15   Link #1211
monster

I think monir's getting paranoid, so shouldn't this thread be un-stickied? It's done its purpose quite well, I believe.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 02:54   Link #1212
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I think monir's getting paranoid, so shouldn't this thread be un-stickied? It's done its purpose quite well, I believe.
True, I think it's about time for this thread to be un-stickied. Bu then again, I guess waiting a few weeks won't hurt to avoid all the "Is the filler over!?!?" type questions. I'm sure that's why it's still stickied.

As for monir, yea he might be losing it. Maybe his excitement at the new season is just too much? And holy crap he ended his march to the end of the filler! Hopefully you enjoyed the nap. Now what is this ASS thing? Hrm...

"If at first you don't succeed...just have someone else do it for you."
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 03:55   Link #1213
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ASS = Anti Sasuke Squad or something .. Last S could be wrong tho .. it some hate club by some old ones here.. I *think* there still a thread somewhere around lying dormant. I know because I remember reading it ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 06:31   Link #1214
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
ASS = Anti Sasuke Squad or something .. Last S could be wrong tho .. it some hate club by some old ones here.. I *think* there still a thread somewhere around lying dormant. I know because I remember reading it ^^
I think I remember the same thread KiNa

Don't know if its because I heard it from monir, but for some reason I think it stands for Society I wouln't put any money on it though. (maybe not enough sleep is getting to me again >.>) Best to wait till Monir or someone else knows for sure what it stands for.

On a sidenote I just clicked on the link, only to find that the image is called "dorkysasuke" Nice one!
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 08:02   Link #1215
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
I think I remember the same thread KiNa

Don't know if its because I heard it from monir, but for some reason I think it stands for Society I wouln't put any money on it though. (maybe not enough sleep is getting to me again >.>) Best to wait till Monir or someone else knows for sure what it stands for.
It stands for Anti-Sasuke Syndicate.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 08:54   Link #1216
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Told you some of the oyajii would know
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 09:30   Link #1217
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Lies! Lies! I know your hands are dirty just as mine from watching a few filler here and there. I've proof of your camerwork in a few episode discussion threads. While Sarugetyou will get the benefit of the doubt, you will not.
It's true that since I've arrived in Japan I have watched two or three episodes, though only because it didn't require any more effort on my part other than turning on my tv. (The extra effort of documenting was a little bonus for you. )
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 11:09   Link #1218
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Naruto_jh, are you sure the filler is over after episode 3?
Old 2007-02-28, 12:32   Link #1219
Sasuke_Bateman
No

why are the suppose new episodes so weird they are missing parts in them!! :
Old 2007-02-28, 17:52   Link #1220
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It has been asked several times everywhere on this forum.
Shipuuden is considered as licenced by Animesuki.

Animesuki considers Naruto Shippuuden to be licensed? Or considers itself as the licensee?

Oh the wording. The mind boggles!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote