AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-24, 11:20   Link #21
Yachiru
fukataichou
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He'd never be redeemed and remains badass forever.
I just have a feeling that he's way too deep to be even filtered out by Naruto at all.

Late redemption? Maybe. If he never defeats Itachi, he's gonna remain like this, furever. Eh, somehow I don't think he'd defeat Ita either. >.>
Yachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:56   Link #22
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiru
I don't think he'd defeat Ita either. >.>
I don't know about that one. Itachi seems to be the only one in the manga with common sense(excluding kakashi&Shika). And we all know what happens to people with common sense in anime&manga *cough* saru *cough* tobi. Ahem. Anyway He iz super coo, and his logic rocks.
I want little brother to be strong: give him an inferioity complex, then piss him off for the rest of his life.
I want to capture a kyuubi:Genjutsu him into submission BEFOER he transforms(avoids messy battles).
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 14:50   Link #23
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
I won't even address the hardworker part since it's plainly obvious that Sasuke is one of the hardest workers in the series, and always has been. That much is clear, and it's never changed
But you did address it, YOU JUST DID...hehe in trollish fashion even ...Anyways your entitled to feel that way, but in terms of the anime Sasuke does not come across to me as a character that has an overtly hard-work ethic...nor does he have the personality of one IMHO...That's how he comes across to me despite your obvious clearness-nessssss that's 100 % universal to you....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I also don't see Sasuke taking an easy way. Fastest way maybe, evil way surely.
But easy? What he chose to do in order to reach his goal is incredibly risky and he also chose not to kill Naruto which would have been the easiest way fro him to gain power with the MS.
Well I didn't quite mean "easy" as you've stated...I meant "easy" as oppose to just working extremely hard (like a Vegeta for example)...Not "easy" in a emotional context inwhich you've explained properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zev
...if Konoha were to take him back with open arms after this, it would be proving him right in leaving them to begin with. He should not be able to successfully accomplish his objective by betraying his comrades and still get a happy ending afterwards...
Good stuff...I definatley agree with that...If the village were to take him back after what he did it would prove a visable weakness that he was right about in leaving in the first place...This isn't reindeer games, the price of his betrayle should be a life-time ban...However Goku's little brother Naruto will probably disagree because of his goodness-ness ...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-03-24 at 16:05. Reason: Syntax error... "does-not" not "does" >_<;;;
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 14:59   Link #24
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
I agree with wingdarkness and Zev regarding the Konoha Wanting Sasuke back.

I don’t even get it (maybe the bloodline???), in normal circumstances they should have used Hunter-nins to find and kill Sasuke, and I think that looking for Sasuke to bring him back to Konoha, without Sasuke even accomplishing his goals, could end up In Sasuke ditching Konoha again.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:08   Link #25
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
But if it's Danjo he might want him back in roots or something to help with overthrowing Tsunade that might be why sai is there. Otherwise I don't really see a warm welcome for sasuke, but it's not like he did anything to the village himself.

oh and as for him working hard I think he just didn't want people to see cuz he had to be automatically good like his brother. When he was learning katon he worked hard, and he worked hard at being #1 in his class. I think it would be really weird if he just decided it was ok to slack off cuz oro could just give him power by ozmosis?
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:14   Link #26
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu
But if it's Danjo he might want him back in roots or something to help with overthrowing Tsunade that might be why sai is there. Otherwise I don't really see a warm welcome for sasuke, but it's not like he did anything to the village himself.
Apart from almost killing one of Konoha’s Shinoby’s, and Joining forces with Konoha’s number one enemy, No he has not done anything bad , He is a defector and lastly a traitor and should be treated like one.

For instance how can I trust Sasuke in Konoha? How I as Leader will be sure that he is not in Konoha as A Spy from Oro?
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:45   Link #27
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
hmm I guess it's a good point. What the hell is tsunade gonna do if they come back with sasuke? Especially if orochimaru isn't dead! the only real option would be to pump him or info or try to get his bloodline secrets out of him
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:53   Link #28
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
This harps at another question :

"Is Sasuke now in the BINGO-BOOK?"
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:59   Link #29
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
This harps at another question :

"Is Sasuke now in the BINGO-BOOK?"
Well if I’m not mistaken, Bingo book is just the info that the villages has of potential enemies to the villages; Including Missing Nin from that same village, Ranked Criminals and Shinobys from other villages, as in Kakashi was in Mist’s Bingo Book, So I guess Sasuke could be in the bingo book of any other village, but if he is listed as a missing Nin, maybe he is in Konoha’s Bingo Book.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 15:59   Link #30
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
I would assume not as none of the other countries know about him. Only itachi. And all he did was beat up naruto and run like a crybaby talking about plunging into darkness, but not following the path his brother wants him to.

However he could have gotten himelf a little 'practice' on other countries during the 2year gap
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 16:03   Link #31
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu
I would assume not as none of the other countries know about him. Only itachi. And all he did was beat up naruto and run like a crybaby talking about plunging into darkness, but not following the path his brother wants him to.
Well, It seems news get out pretty fast in the Naruto world, and each time we have introduced to an exile Shinoby who has done anything to their respective villages other shinobys have being able to identify them, and in the case of a rare Uchiha, I guess the attention of other village concerning his activities are followed more closely.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 16:04   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well I didn't quite mean "easy" as you've stated...I meant "easy" as oppose to just working extremely hard (like a Vegeta for example)...Not "easy" in a emotional context inwhich you've explained properly...
hmm ok but I still disagree because while the CS mostly means strength not aquired out of training like basically all the power-up in this series, it's not like Sasuke chose a cursed seal instead of training.
He chose this kind of power along with training with Oro, I can't imagine a reason for Sasuke to slack off given how the story depained him and his goal.
I mean you say that Sasuke doesn't appear to work hard to you but why?
Like I pointed out above, training hard is the only thing Sasuke did all along the series when he wasn't fighting or waiting for his teacher. That was the case when he wanted to impress his father and surpass his brother and that's still the case when his sole goal in life is to get strong enough to kill his brother.

So why do you think that all these events showing Sasuke working hard don't show Sasuke as a hard worker?

About Konoha accepting or not Sasuke back... Well I think they very well might take him back. It's stupid but that's just Konoha's way.
That's too bad because Sasuke hunted by hunter-nin and Naruto facing the fact that his beloved village is hunting down his best friend with intent to kill would make a way better twist for the story.
Anyway I don't see Sasuke returning to Konoha anytime soon, before we see that Naruto has to beat him psychologically and that seems harder than just beating the hell out of him.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 16:30   Link #33
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
About Konoha accepting or not Sasuke back... Well I think they very well might take him back. It's stupid but that's just Konoha's way.
That's too bad because Sasuke hunted by hunter-nin and Naruto facing the fact that his beloved village is hunting down his best friend with intent to kill would make a way better twist for the story.
Well maybe Kishimoto hears you out :

Spoiler for manga:


Highly doubtful, but still not too farfetched ^^
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 16:59   Link #34
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well maybe Kishimoto hears you out :

Spoiler for manga:


Highly doubtful, but still not too farfetched ^^
Spoiler for real?:
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:00   Link #35
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
So why do you think that all these events showing Sasuke working hard don't show Sasuke as a hard worker?
Whenever someone seems to threaten his inflated ego, his first thought is how to get a more powerful technique, not necessarily to out work them or work even harder...Obviously during the tree-climb arc he didn't want to get showed up by "class-failure" Naruto (So I saw it more as Naruto pushing him in that instance, not his own will)...When he was a kid it was his brother's status and father's affection...

As a genin however he doesn't have the personality or seemingly the character of what I've been describing...It doesn't matter what he chose to me really...This speaks more to me about the assessment of his personality...Regarding Kakashi he treats basically his #1 technique as if it's a lo-jacked parlor trick at times...He seems ungrateful to me...You really won't change my mind on this since I've had strong-feelings about this for sometime...This isn't meant to change your established opinion, but simply give you mine...As not to take over yet another thread I'll leave it at that...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:05   Link #36
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Whenever someone seems to threaten his inflated ego, his first thought is how to get a more powerful technique, not necessarily to out work them or work even harder...Obviously during the tree-climb arc he didn't want to get showed up by "class-failure" Naruto (So I saw it more as Naruto pushing him in that instance, not his own will)...When he was a kid it was his brother's status and father's affection...

As a genin however he doesn't have the personality or seemingly the character of what I've been describing...It doesn't matter what he chose to me really...This speaks more to me about the assessment of his personality...Regarding Kakashi he treats basically his #1 technique as if it's a lo-jacked parlor trick at times...He seems ungrateful to me...You really won't change my mind on this since I've had strong-feelings about this for sometime...This isn't meant to change your established opinion, but simply give you mine...As not to take over yet another thread I'll leave it at that...
When you try to beat someone you'll always push yourself beyond your limits...
Runners need those "Group Leaders" (who usually lose or give up eventually)
They are giving their all and pulling the others to go beyond their limits...
Run alone and things will go differently...

These things are common...especially when it's a rival.

Remember Ino vs Sakura...that was probably the only time when Sakura (injured, nearly fainted) tried her best with everything she had...and still fainting afterwards..because of her rival. Otherwise she'd probably just faint and trusting Naruto & Sasuke to take care of her.
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:10   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Good point, but really not the crux of my argument...The fonts inwhich you've marginalized in size are more along the lines of my true point (which is obviously a POV I feel strongly about)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:16   Link #38
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Good point, but really not the crux of my argument...The fonts inwhich you've marginalized in size are more along the lines of my true point (which is obviously a POV I feel strongly about)...
Actually i was supporting your theory about Naruto & Sasuke

Anyway...i agree on it that Sasuke doesnt look like a hardworker.
Taking his step to go on another level with the cursed seal proved this.
However NOT Killing Naruto could've been the other way OR he simply "couldnt" as in ...his heart isnt "that" evil. To be able to kill your best friend.
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:53   Link #39
Kunimi_Hiro
Hokage
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
However NOT Killing Naruto could've been the other way OR he simply "couldnt" as in ...his heart isnt "that" evil. To be able to kill your best friend.
This proves that Sasuke, atleast subconciously wasn't willing to dispose his friends. Well... atleast pre-time skip. It's a huge ? right now if he still feels the same way, when he meets Naruto and Sakura again this time.
Kunimi_Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 18:48   Link #40
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I don't see a problem with Konoha wanting Sasuke back. As long as there is a way to get back Sasuke they will surely try to do that. Originally, he was not a bad/sick person like Oro. He is manipulated by Orochimaru, and he is known to have a single goal that is not far from what Konoha wants in the first place. Until he was totally consumed by Orochimaru, they will try to get him back. But, when that point is reached, there will not be a turning back (unless Konoha finds a way to remove Oro from Sasuke's body).

It is interesting that Sasuke's hard-working condition is critisized. You do not have to train like Lee to become stronger, especially if you can achieve the same level of strength in a shorter time. And not doing what Lee is doing should not make someone stamped as not hard working. Compared to Lee, Neji can be considered as a slacker. But, was he? Naruto was not strong at the beginning, but we were shown a lot scenes where he trained very hard. I believe Lee was also like that at the beginning. Trying to increase strength with brute force. It was not the best thing to do, but for them it was the only thing to do. Nevertheless, I don't think that was the case for Sasuke or Neji. But, again, that doesn't mean they will reach Jounin level on their own, even if they train like Lee. They will surely get stuck at some point where they will require help from others. Unfortunately, that "getting help" situation will not make them slacker or a person that chooses the easy way. Not everyone is a genius in always finding the right direction on his own.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.