AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-12, 17:15   Link #181
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far from reality as possible
Age: 32
Yeah well, Yuuichi was pulling a Rin on Nayuki (total ignorance). At least, Ayu was overall a nice girl, unlike some BB I could name.

Give Nayuki her rightful share this time
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 17:24   Link #182
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Nah nah Vexx^^ It's not that bad
I can fill a book about this problem. In the end there is only one way in love and only one girl can win. Even if it makes you sad, because it isn't the girl you like, remember the good times and smile about them^^ That's the way I see it^^
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 17:26   Link #183
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far from reality as possible
Age: 32
What good times? Nowadays, when my girl doesn't win, there are NO good times to remember Take a look at Kaede and Nayuki for examples
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 00:33   Link #184
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ayu is awesome how is she annoying? She is so cute ^-^ Uguu!

No Ayu is the real main character of the game. Naiyuki is some other thing.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 00:38   Link #185
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Next issue of Animage comes with a special Key X KyoAni CD-Rom containing a preview of Kanon 06.
damn it i may have to pay 20 bucks at el cheapo asshole man's comic store >.<
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 01:01   Link #186
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu-
@ao3
They made air (key visual novel), if you look close on the animation (i.e eyes) you see the similarities. The Kanon trailer says Scheduled for Broadcast Fall 2006 on BS-i
So it's still a bit time^^
The good thing is, the story isn't that sad as in Air (which I really love). Air was the only anime where I ever cryed^^
hahaha thats so cute.... you cried..... me too.........

so does that mean that kanon 2006 will be slightly different from the manga?!

@___________@
__________________


Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 09:23   Link #187
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Can't tell you, don't know game or manga (just bought the game )
Air spoke out of my soul, the feelings, the colours..
Ahh, getting too melancholic^^
@ npal
Well, you can chose: Stay happy and remember the good times, or cry all the day and stay sad^^

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-05-13 at 12:23.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 03:02   Link #188
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Ayu is awesome how is she annoying? She is so cute ^-^ Uguu!

No Ayu is the real main character of the game. Naiyuki is some other thing.

Boy you really do hate Nayuki, what did the poor girl do to you?

And yes i'm also another nayuki supporter. Quite frankly even though Nayuki isnt going to win, just seeing more of her will do it for me.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 03:14   Link #189
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
hahaha thats so cute.... you cried..... me too.........

so does that mean that kanon 2006 will be slightly different from the manga?!

@___________@
The manga had a very compressed version of the events in the game...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 14:54   Link #190
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I'm excited for this. I'm a fan of all of Key's stuff, but I wasn't that impressed with the original Kanon anime.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 01:44   Link #191
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Well, I had mixed feelings. One the one hand the animation wasn't that great but on the other hand it was a very interesting story. Nevertheless Kanon really impressed me^^
Sorry for the little off topic, but do you know if there was a anime based on Planetarian?
I played the game yesterday the first time (and cried again..). Please write me a pm if you know something about this or have some other informations. Thank you!

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-05-15 at 05:32.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 07:48   Link #192
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu-
Sorry for the little off topic, but do you know if there was a anime based on Planetarian?
I played the game yesterday the first time (and cried again..). Please write me a pm if you know something about this or have some other informations. Thank you!
off-topic for a while:

As far as I'm concerned, nope. There's no plan fromn any studio to produce Planetarian anime at this moment. Though every Key fan (including me) would die to see Planetarian as an anime *hearts Reverie <3 <3 <3*

And I'm so happy to know this news. Finally I get the opportunity to "stalk" Kawasumi Mai. *waves banner of Mai*
__________________
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 07:57   Link #193
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Hmm, would you really be happy? I mean, Air is also sad, but there's some optimism left at the end. Planetarian, well, felt a bit alone when I finished the game..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 08:44   Link #194
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 29
It has been said before that planetarium would make a great movie... one that I am not sure if I can stomach actually. I sincerely hope should it ever become animated its graphic won't be butchered.

I revisited the Toei version as well as some part of the game... I am now ready to have Kanon break my heart into many little pieces... although I haven't gotten over AIR. Knowing the story only makes me want to see it more... and more...

In the trailer, the 'school for the 2 of us' is depicted in a way that just makes me go 'auu....' Yuiichi in the snowstorm suddenly brings back Yuiichi's bitter sililoque in Toei Kanon over the same location... haunts me a bit. I wonder if Ayu is going to conclude the story. (now a trip through the memory lane ensues with Monomi Hill and that fountain at night...)
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori



Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-05-15 at 08:55.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 10:40   Link #195
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
AIr and Kanon made me cry ^-^ they still do when I watch them. They are really good stories. Epiosde 9-end was the only ones tho. If you haven't seen Kanon and you cried in AIR a good chance it will make you cry too.

A Planetarian anime/OVa/movie I don't would be far off. Kyoto animation knows the market for their pretty animation and KEY's works = good. So I'm thinking after they animate a clannad tv series they will look into making Little Busters and a high possibility of Planetarian. But that is just me thinking XD

As for Naiyuki. There is just somthing about her I don't like. Maybe this new anime version will make me like her more. But I'm a huge Ayu fan...so maybe it is just all the people who don't like her and the Naiyuki people, who make me dislike Naiyuki. Not sure. But Ayu is somewhat similar to me minus I don't think I could tackle everyone.

Also what month issue of Animage had the CD? The evil comic store is across to the street from where I'm going today.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 12:50   Link #196
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Also what month issue of Animage had the CD? The evil comic store is across to the street from where I'm going today.
Well seen as Makubex mentioned it on the 12th, and apparently the last issue came out on the 10th I'm assuming it's in next month's issue So no Kanon for you yet.

uguu~
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 13:43   Link #197
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
AIr and Kanon made me cry ^-^ they still do when I watch them. They are really good stories. Epiosde 9-end was the only ones tho. If you haven't seen Kanon and you cried in AIR a good chance it will make you cry too.

A Planetarian anime/OVa/movie I don't would be far off. Kyoto animation knows the market for their pretty animation and KEY's works = good. So I'm thinking after they animate a clannad tv series they will look into making Little Busters and a high possibility of Planetarian. But that is just me thinking XD
Yeah. The problem is, I'm very sensitive. When I'm playing such a game I'm like a crybaby^^
Don't know if I want to see a Planetarian movie or series. The end is just too sad.
Ok, if they change it, go^^ Sometimes I ask myself, why they are doing such sad endings, because most of the people of course want so see a happy ending. But the good thing on Key visual novels is, that they are not just sad because they want to be different. There is always a message behind the story and in my opinion this makes the whole novel even more impressive. That is the only reason I am able to keep playing their novels^^ If I would be a persocom like Chi, I would have collapsed because of the pain in my CPU (heart)^^
Wuah, do you feel also sometimes depressive after playing these novels? I can't help myself..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 14:05   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
general lament to all: please please please lets not get on "my girl for the win" banner waving idiocy. Focus on whether the story is *WRITTEN* well and nicely animated. If they alter the story so "your girl" wins because she's the best taiyaki maker in town -- you'd better be pissed.

rooting for a girl is one thing --- some of the lame "girlFTW" worship that will eat crappy storytelling to get it just makes me want to throttle something. I'd rather have a character I favor go down in noble flames than accept some ultra lame writing that has her achieve her goal. For the record, I suppose Mai appealed to me most (I suppose thats why Yuki in Haruhi is a bit special though Suzumiya remains a favorite).

I just pulled up my old copy of Kanon.... good lord I'd forgotten how bad the animation was and the artstyle wierdness. Go Go KyoAni!

I suspect most Kanon fans would lynch the new animators if they altered very much rather than just expand on themes. Cleaning up and expanding Nayuki's story would help a lot (some TLC ... then the viewer would *really* be torn up about the ending).
__________________

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-15 at 14:21.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 14:29   Link #199
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
general lament to all: please please please lets not get on "my girl for the win" banner waving idiocy. Focus on whether the story is *WRITTEN* well and nicely animated. If they alter the story so "your girl" wins because she's the best taiyaki maker in town -- you'd better be pissed.

rooting for a girl is one thing --- some of the lame "girlFTW" worship that will eat crappy storytelling to get it just makes me want to throttle something. I'd rather have a character I favor go down in noble flames than accept some ultra lame writing that has her achieve her goal. For the record, I suppose Mai appealed to me most (I suppose thats why Yuki in Haruhi is a bit special though Suzumiya remains a favorite).

I just pulled up my old copy of Kanon.... good lord I'd forgotten how bad the animation was and the artstyle wierdness. Go Go KyoAni!

I suspect most Kanon fans would lynch the new animators if they altered very much rather than just expand on themes. Cleaning up and expanding Nayuki's story would help a lot (some TLC ... then the viewer would *really* be torn up about the ending).
Well like I said before I favor Nayuki, and seeing her ending animated will make my day. But I can asure you I wont be complaining if Ayu won againg. Well its not like she'll be winning againg cause its not a new story line, hers is the true ending after all.

Now why havent I heard anything from that Tomoyo side story yet from Clanad? Wasnt it popular enough?
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 14:32   Link #200
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far from reality as possible
Age: 32
Last time I checked, Nayuki didn't go down in noble flames . The problem with Nayuki is that she wasn't even there. Or most OTHER harem girls, for that matter. The only one I can remember from those harem anime I HAVE seen was Makoto from Kanon. Pretty big flames.

And I STILL hope Nayuki wins Plus, Kanon can't possibly degrade to crappy writing. As I've said above in a spoiler, Ayu's story could have been told even without the ending, and not only that, but it would have made a much greater impact. And as I said before, if they are going to do it this way, I can live with Yuuichi not picking anyone.
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, kyoto animation, magic, romance, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.