AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 10:35   Link #1641
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Japanese Anime DVD Ranking, April 4-10
Kanon, Dragonball top their debut week
~~~~ ~~~~

Interesting. It seems that Kanon DVD sales has always hit the No.1 spot with each released volume. More funding for CLANNAD(TV) I guess.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-17, 17:11   Link #1642
Yuuichi1234

kanon

kanon is the greastest anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Yuuichi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 14:48   Link #1643
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
Say, I'm sorry about this question, but I was wondering whether anyone has a link to that video someone made using Kanon 2006 anime stills combined with the game text to essentially create a KyoAni version of the game? I wanted to see whether I could actually read the text so I can practice my reading comprehension (although I bet the kanji will trounce me).
ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 05:23   Link #1644
charizardpal
灼眼の

So are the drama cd's worth listening to from kanon?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 21:43   Link #1645
DTSX

Kanon is a good anime, but it's flawed in a couple of senses. It does end nicely with a happy ending where everyone lives...

I'm currently writing a script bases (at first heavily), now somewhat closely related to Kanon 2006. For those average people, PM me or post to help me review over it.
DTSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 12:22   Link #1646
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
This is, apparently, my favorite anime. I like the animation, sounds, and everything. I like the ending, though lacking, and Yuuchi is the best male character I've ever seen in any harem animes.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 03:17   Link #1647
Hagean

I know this might have been asked before but I would appreciate if someone wanted to clear my doubt.
I finished up Kanon after some recommendations after viewing Saikano.
Spoiler for serie:
Old 2007-07-02, 20:56   Link #1648
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagean View Post
Spoiler for serie:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagean View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 22:04   Link #1649
Hagean

Ahh I guess Ill never know Thnx for your point of view Mirri.

Last edited by Hagean; 2007-07-03 at 03:29.
Hagean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 00:23   Link #1650
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
So are the drama cd's worth listening to from kanon?
The Drama CD stories are rather light-hearted slice-of-life-ish stuff that takes place at unspecified times in the story. I just fished listening to the ones fansubbed so far, and I've got mixed feelings on them.

On the plus side, I loved how side characters like Kaori and Mishio got lots more screentime. Mishio's scenes were rather adorable (she's really quite a dreamer, lol), while I was laughing at all of Kaori's tsundere actions. I dare say the supporting characters stole the spotlight from the main characters, something that I found quite amusing.

On the minus side, though, I didn't like Yuuichi himself in many of those stories. Maybe it's because I prefer the 2006 version a lot more, but I just didn't find the Drama CD's Yuuichi to be as great. I liked Sugita's Yuuichi for being confident, capable, and witty. The Drama CD uses Atsushi Kisaichi, the 2002 Yuuichi, whose voice reminded me too much of Seki's Kitagawa, so I didn't take him as seriously. But that wasn't my problem. The Drama CD too often showed Yuuichi to be easily flustered, rather goofy, and kind of dumb at times. The line between him and your average wimpy male protagonist just got blurred a bit, and I was rather disappointed by that. Stammering and babbling in front of Akiko just isn't helping his image at all. I don't know how much the original game Yuuichi was like this, but he still lost points with me for that. Just like what happened to Hakuoro during those Utawarerumono omake episodes, except less funny.

I must also say, though, that I really liked OTL's way of setting up the Drama CDs like kinetic novels, with the original game art and scenes, as well as a few of their own scenes when fitting. LOL @ the Lucky☆Star cameo.

But seriously now, just taking the Drama CD into account, I'm now rooting for the Mishio ending. That girl's even more flirtatious and romantic than Shiori. I'm moving her up above at least Makoto and Ayu in my preferred girl rankings just for that.

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-07-13 at 02:06.
Old 2007-07-17, 03:17   Link #1651
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Just finished Kanon, well actually finished a while ago , but its taken me a while to read through this thread -_-.

Anyway I enjoyed it heaps!

Its amazing seeing the scenes in real life too. Surreal even.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:12   Link #1652
CCYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
But seriously now, just taking the Drama CD into account, I'm now rooting for the Mishio ending. That girl's even more flirtatious and romantic than Shiori. I'm moving her up above at least Makoto and Ayu in my preferred girl rankings just for that.
I thought Mishio's flirtiness in the Drama CD was kind of scary, if you ask me. But then again maybe it's just my wish that not all the characters fall for Yuuichi. Still, it was very amusing to see Mishio not be a Yuki-clone for once.

And, I guess we do have a Sayuri ending in the re-release of the Kanon visual novel (or so I've heard; anyone heard of a translation of that path?), so all we have to do is wait for...uh...Kanon 2010 (at this rate, every 4 years like the Olympics? I could get used to that.) and another re-release, right?

Ah, it's too bad Mishio really got very little screentime in Kanon 2006. Maybe if she had more time to get to know Yuuichi I wouldn't be so weirded out by her acts in the drama CDs.
Spoiler for I suppose this could ALMOST be spoilers if you know nothing about Mishio; if you've finished Makoto's arc I guess this is OK:

I guess Kanon Kazahana and the drama CDs are the most we're going to get in terms of Mishio.

Oh, and the drama CDs are really worth watching, to conclude that tangent. (I think that's the most I've ever ranted about Mishio; goes to show I can't hate Kanon characters) If you want more info or something in addition to Mirrinus's full explanation I wrote a short blog post on it a while back but I'd say since they're pretty light downloads to give it a shot.
CCYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:18   Link #1653
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Well, 2002 Kanon treated Mishio far, far worse. As in, she didn't show up at all until the very last episode of Makoto's story.
Old 2007-07-17, 19:38   Link #1654
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCYoshi View Post
And, I guess we do have a Sayuri ending in the re-release of the Kanon visual novel (or so I've heard; anyone heard of a translation of that path?), so all we have to do is wait for...uh...Kanon 2010 (at this rate, every 4 years like the Olympics? I could get used to that.) and another re-release, right?
Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. The most recent re-release was the PSP version that came out earlier this year, but it still has the same 5 base paths. Same with the two Standard Editions that came out a few years ago. So yeah, all in all I'd say that's probably all we're going to get, but I suppose you never know what the future might bring...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 10:49   Link #1655
CCYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. The most recent re-release was the PSP version that came out earlier this year, but it still has the same 5 base paths. Same with the two Standard Editions that came out a few years ago. So yeah, all in all I'd say that's probably all we're going to get, but I suppose you never know what the future might bring...
Hmm, you might be right. I went back and did some research on where I read about it, and the topic never really confirmed the rumor. It also mentioned how there was no word of it on Japanese Wikis or any other official site, so it probably just was a rumor after all, especially since the two routes purportedly 'added' to the game were Sayuri's and...Rumi Nanase's (a character from...ONE, a pre-Key game by Tactics, I believe), which is a bit harder to swallow.

Still, apparently it was the PS2 version which contained the paths, but that doesn't seem any more likely to contain more stuff (unless disc space is that cramped on the PSP?). Ah well, too bad I don't really know Japanese or this would be time for some experimentation - as such I'll have to wait on the translation of the visual novel...
Old 2007-08-21, 15:14   Link #1656
Nergol

Hey, I have a question (or maybe a request in the form of a question):

How about a batch torrent for Kanon 1-24 from one of the fansub groups that covered this series? Yes, Eclipse, I am talking to you (and everyone else who did this series). Downloading them one at a time is a pain.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 18:41   Link #1657
CCYoshi

Y'mean like the one a.f.k. has here? Enjoy the show.

Old 2007-08-26, 11:35   Link #1658
DanielSong39

The entire drama CD has been released; and what can I say... Mishio rocks! It's a real pity that it's the most we get out of Mishio, but I will take what I can get. Seeing Kaori reject Yuuichi was a real hoot as well.

Companies should seriously consider releasing drama CD's in a visual novel format; it adds so much more to the experience...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 17:38   Link #1659
himemiya613

i had to use 2 boxes of kleenex to watch the whole series! :'( definitely one of the best anime ive ever seen
himemiya613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 06:07   Link #1660
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
i had to use 2 boxes of kleenex to watch the whole series! :'( definitely one of the best anime ive ever seen
Now I'm left wondering what the Kleenex were used for...

*badum-badum bing!*

Narf!

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, kyoto animation, magic, romance, school life, seinen