AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-21, 15:16   Link #81
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
um ah......where the hell can i buy the damm manga?
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 15:32   Link #82
ChouOishii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
um ah......where the hell can i buy the damm manga?
kinokuniya, asahiya, online stores (http://www.omochabox.com/s/home?i=0,1,9.1135)... anywhere they sell japanese books
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 15:49   Link #83
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouOishii
kinokuniya, asahiya, online stores (http://www.omochabox.com/s/home?i=0,1,9.1135)... anywhere they sell japanese books

thanks .....but its a shame its not in english yet
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 15:51   Link #84
mistagrinch
Sex on the Beach

http://www.viz.com

do some looking around on there, and youll find some free manga, but theyve only done the first little bit...
mistagrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 15:58   Link #85
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
raikage, i'll give you a good example of why oro is stronger than the third:

Spoiler:
Wellll...if you read my post...did I not say
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
After the fight, Oro = alive, Sandaime = not so much. A perfectly valid way to judge the outcome of the fight.
What I was trying to say was that Oro had 2 extra souls to play around with. If he hadn't killed Kin and Zaku, he wouldn't have been able to use the Resurrection jutsu without sacrificing his own life. If he hadn't used the Resurrection, the Sandaime wouldn't have had to use the suicide jutsu (remember, he did it because there was no other way to beat the other Hokages).

So, a highly prepared Oro can beat a caught-off-guard Sandaime. And, while the Sandaime does say Oro can beat anyone in Konoha one-on-one, most likely including him, the 'most likely' implies once again that if there is a difference in ability, it's not overpoweringly huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
...[the two Hokages] have no personal will, they were just killing machines...
They apparently had access to their own chakra reserves and unique jutsus. Again, Oro prepared sacrifices beforehand, esssentially making the battle a 3 on one. Without Kin and Zak, you wouldn't see the Hokages fight. And, they were summons. They don't hint at Orochimaru's talent any more than Naruto's being able to summon Gamabunta. (Not to say Oro's not talented, though...he's very capable. He buried 2 kages.)
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 17:00   Link #86
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
raikage, please use spoiler tags you pretty much spoiled the whole
Spoiler:
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 17:04   Link #87
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
hush smee, the title says FOR MANGA READERS ONLY
Old 2003-12-22, 02:25   Link #88
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Wellll...if you read my post...did I not say

What I was trying to say was that Oro had 2 extra souls to play around with. If he hadn't killed Kin and Zaku, he wouldn't have been able to use the Resurrection jutsu without sacrificing his own life. If he hadn't used the Resurrection, the Sandaime wouldn't have had to use the suicide jutsu (remember, he did it because there was no other way to beat the other Hokages).

So, a highly prepared Oro can beat a caught-off-guard Sandaime. And, while the Sandaime does say Oro can beat anyone in Konoha one-on-one, most likely including him, the 'most likely' implies once again that if there is a difference in ability, it's not overpoweringly huge.

They apparently had access to their own chakra reserves and unique jutsus. Again, Oro prepared sacrifices beforehand, esssentially making the battle a 3 on one. Without Kin and Zak, you wouldn't see the Hokages fight. And, they were summons. They don't hint at Orochimaru's talent any more than Naruto's being able to summon Gamabunta. (Not to say Oro's not talented, though...he's very capable. He buried 2 kages.)
whoa! he killed KIN and ZaKU?..??? since when, lol i probably skim thru the manga too fast, but plz explain
Old 2003-12-22, 04:32   Link #89
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
He kills them off-panel to provide as a sacrifice to ressurect the First and Second Hokage.
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 11:46   Link #90
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
What I was trying to say was that Oro had 2 extra souls to play around with. If he hadn't killed Kin and Zaku, he wouldn't have been able to use the Resurrection jutsu without sacrificing his own life.
That's right, so?
He has used 2 dead bodies as vessel to accomplish the Edo Tensei.
Like you must use a plant or a animal to use the Kawarimi, that doesn't change the fact that this jutsu is part of the strength of Oro.

Quote:
They're ninjas, to be prepared and to take your opponent off guard are also abilities, beside the 3rd knew that Oro prepared something.
The most likely implies that the 3rd only knew the strength that Oro had dozens years ago, when the two of us were younger and when the 3rd was still slightly better. He knew that Oro has improved but he can't knew how much.

Quote:
Without Kin and Zak, you wouldn't see the Hokages fight.
Without the bodies of Kin and Zak, the nuance is significant.

Quote:
And, they were summons. They don't hint at Orochimaru's talent any more than Naruto's being able to summon Gamabunta.
Like the dogs of Kakashi, all the weaker frogs of Jiraiya or Akamaru, they're tools because they're controled by their users not because their talent or chakra belong to someone else.
Gamabunta, Manda and Katsuyu aren't controlled, they fight only on their own will.
Thus they're not tools.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote