AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-09, 10:00   Link #21
Ramen89

Just watched it, thought it was suprisingly good, when I watched the promo I thought the cg was pretty hideous but In the actual show I was quite impressed, the action was pretty good and whoever that woman was she was hot :P
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:58   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The 1st ep of Zegapain was really good, despite the overused 'random guy being a natural pilot' cliche but Kyo probably isnt a totally random guy. I dont mind the parallel or digital universe plot.

Im not sure why so many people dislike the mech designs so much, the mech designs are cool to me but they are not great designs though. They dont look like mechs that are designed to be sold as toys. If i let a child choose between Zegapain, Gundam and Mazinger, he would probably choose the Gundam as 1st choice, Mazinger as 2nd and Zegapain last.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 13:12   Link #23
Linly

My last mecha anime was GSD(which the ending sucked) so it's been a while. Great to have some mecha again to fill my days. And Zegapain isnt a bad choice i think.
Linly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:42   Link #24
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Not much to say based on episode 1, this has potential but I'm not optimistic.
Must watch? Definately not, but entertaining to watch, after you turn your brains off, that is.
Old 2006-04-10, 12:33   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was excited about this series but it just looks awful the animation looks cheap and the story is so unoriginal i could hardly stomach the first ep so disappointed plus no explanation to what the hell was going on
Old 2006-04-10, 13:51   Link #26
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Although it may be totally unnoriginal I enjoyed the first episode.

It's hard to have a mecha anime without cliches these days, so we have to bear with what we have.

Last edited by ragnarokr; 2006-04-10 at 14:19.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 20:39   Link #27
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Heh I came in the show not expecting much, and it turned out to be pretty much what I expected, which still isn't much.

But I needed something to fill my mecha void after Eureka Seven just ended
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 20:39   Link #28
Aznhobo

First episode was quite nice, the 3d mecha wasnt too bad
Aznhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:21   Link #29
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I was excited about this series but it just looks awful the animation looks cheap and the story is so unoriginal i could hardly stomach the first ep so disappointed plus no explanation to what the hell was going on
How does the animation look cheap? Looks like some pretty good quality actually.

It was ok for a first ep. The main character seems likable enough with there being somewhat an explanation on the subject of him being a bit of a natural at using the mech.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:10   Link #30
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

The story is pretty cliche... but they can make something better out of it. The mechanical designs are iffy... I look at the Zegapain, and it's torso looks very good. Then you see its legs and head...
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:13   Link #31
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-13, 12:45   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 02 Screencaps

Spoiler:
co-ed showers i am liking this series more.
Old 2006-04-13, 13:05   Link #33
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
co-ed showers
Hmm, your argument is certainly a powerful one, but I still doubt it'll make me watch this Meh, I'm not a fan of mecha anyway, with one or two notable exceptions (Nadesico for example).
Old 2006-04-15, 16:38   Link #34
AMon10A

Being a sucker for this genre I checked it out. I have to say that it seems fairly
unique, although it dose of course share some of the genre's cliches but, other then that from my experince it seems original.
AMon10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:26   Link #35
Xiao Feng
Perverted Translator

Send a message via AIM to Xiao Feng Send a message via MSN to Xiao Feng Send a message via Yahoo to Xiao Feng Send a message via Skype™ to Xiao Feng
hey guys i am making a fansite for zegapain, need staff many, so if you want to help out please go there http://www.ianime.org/

oh yea, i have to stay in topic, ep2 was zegapain was nice, they show some new character
Xiao Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 02:03   Link #36
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire] Send a message via Skype™ to [darkfire]
I have to say I have seen better CG. Xebec studio does great in mixing CG and 2d. I don't know if there are only 4 eps in this show. I can't seem to find a mention of more.
Old 2006-04-18, 05:54   Link #37
Starlord

aw..
and how did pu play the second episode
i tested it on vlc wmp winamp platform4 Zoomplayer
and only winamp was be able to play the sound without video...
Starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 05:59   Link #38
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Send a message via ICQ to Xelios Send a message via MSN to Xelios
To the Fansub-Group Megami.... WTF have you done?! Why you now using the mp4-Codec? That's Shit, really shit! I'm shocked o.O Why you guys start first with the good old avi and than with mp4?! Sorry, but I don't understand it in anyways. This suits me quite angry, really! Today, I was lucky to see the new subbed episode, but than... With mp4, I can never watch this on my DVD-Player. Please do it in the avi-codec, or I hate you for the rest of your live as subbers
Xelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 09:25   Link #39
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelios
To the Fansub-Group Megami.... WTF have you done?! Why you now using the mp4-Codec? That's Shit, really shit! I'm shocked o.O Why you guys start first with the good old avi and than with mp4?! Sorry, but I don't understand it in anyways. This suits me quite angry, really! Today, I was lucky to see the new subbed episode, but than... With mp4, I can never watch this on my DVD-Player. Please do it in the avi-codec, or I hate you for the rest of your live as subbers
That's not exactly the best way to ask... anyways did you try it with the CCCP codec?
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 09:53   Link #40
acidflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
That's not exactly the best way to ask... anyways did you try it with the CCCP codec?
I think he wants to watch it on his DVD player.

Fansubs aren't meant to be watched on dvd players. Watch it on your computer like everyone else. Or just buy one of those thingies that hook your computer up to your tv screen.
acidflower is offline   Reply With Quote