AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 00:59   Link #1681
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Sounds kind of like the Spirit Gun from YuYu Hakusho, which is still awesome. Just wondering, is the bullet affected by gravity like a normal bullet?

Alright, I've been gone for a while, so I figure it's about time I made another post. This time, I've got a character, but I've also made a new village! Yay, aren't I special?! (Don't answer that, I know I'm not) Anyway, we'll start with the village...

Kikaigakure (Village Hidden in the Machines)

Kikaigakure is a island village located about 50 miles off the southern peninsula of the Fire Country. As the name implies, the first sight most people see when they come to Kikaigakure is a gigantic tower, constructed of chromed steel, standing hundreds of feet tall in the center of the island. While not many people have heard of the island, many people in the Fire Country have heard of the Imakase Company, which originated from Kikaigakure. (The Imakase Co. invoves another one of my earlier characters.) The entire village, and island for that matter, is a scientific and industrial mecca, where the majority of the population are devoted scientists and inventors. The island is also a leader in education in all fields. The ninja academy, though small, keeps trainees in much longer than other academies, usually until the student is about 15, but return the extra time with Chuunin-level abilities.

Details follow...
Spoiler:

Now that the village is out of the way, I'll introduce you to my newest character,

Kyosuke Inafune

Spoiler:

Kyosuke is the son of the leader of Kikaigakure, and one of the village's most skilled ninja. Having graduated top in his class at the academy, he lead his team through dozens of successful missions, each time showing a little more progress in his skills. He is generally regarded as the prime example of a prodigy in the village, excelling in his studies and in combat. While Kyosuke doesn't deny his skills, he doesn't like to have people praise him, and would often prefer hearing an insult, just for the sake of hearing something besides a compliment. He generally hangs out with his teammates, or teaches to young students at the village academy.

In combat, Kyosuke is downright deadly. He always carries a pair of oversized, bladed tonfa, which he uses in combination with Kikaigakure taijutsu with a skill unlike any other in the world. Many of his attacks center around the tonfa, and in the odd event that he is disarmed, he is also skilled in fire jutsu.

Mach Blade - Using the tonfa, Kyosuke spins both of them until they spin at an incredible speed, faster than an airplane propeller. The name comes from the almost deafening whipping noises the blades made as they chop through the air, almost as loud as a sonic boom. This technique is a basis for many other attacks, and is often used as a defensive maneuver, deflecting almost any object that touches the tonfa.

Revolver - While using the Mach Blade, Kyosuke leaps into the air, and slashes the opponent with the blades on the tonfa. The inertia from the first two mach blade cuts usually kill an enemy on the spot, but Kyosuke usually hits at least six times before letting off.

Hell Storm - Kyosuke begins thie attack by doing the handsigns for the Grand Fireball jutsu, and inhales deeply. While holding his breath, he spins the tonfa to Mach Blade speeds, and exhales the fire onto them. The tonfa act like a supercharged fan, propelling the fire for yards and burning nearly everything in their path.

Grand Tonfa - The strongest attack Kyosuke uses. He begins the attack by spinning one of the tonfa to Mach Blade speed, and uses it like a propeller to push him towards an enemy at an incredible speed. Once he gets close enough, Kyosuke hits with the free tonfa blade, and brings the "propeller" to strike. Once both buts have been made, Kyosuke jumps back, and presses a button on the handles of the tonfa, releasing the blades on a long chain. He swings the blades around dozens of times, hitting as many targets as he can. The attack is wild and recklessly destructive, and is usually given away by the enemy seeing Kyosuke's teammates getting as far away from him as possible before all hell breaks loose.

Holy hell that was a lot of writing. Well, there you go, I hope you liked it. And if you didn't like it...

Spoiler:
Waaaa! You dirty whore, you stole my hidden village exclusive to my Saizou char! lol. But seriously that is one helluva coincedence!
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 02:14   Link #1682
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
Waaaa! You dirty *Yay, insult!!*, you stole my hidden village exclusive to my Saizou char! lol. But seriously that is one helluva coincedence!
Did I really? Sorry about that, I was just getting sick of trying to decide where my characters would come from, so I made a village up on the spot, drew a symbol for the ninjas, and went from there. I had no idea someone else had the same idea. If it's all the same, though, you're more than welcome to use my village. I don't mind the extra people. Besides, it'd be kind of hard to match Negakure's number of characters on my own. Sorry again, man.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 03:52   Link #1683
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
Wow. Just...wow...
Old 2008-02-25, 06:29   Link #1684
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Reith
Quote:
Sounds kind of like the Spirit Gun from YuYu Hakusho, which is still awesome. Just wondering, is the bullet affected by gravity like a normal bullet?
Spoiler for edwef:
QUOTE]

The bullet isn't affected by gravity, it keeps going in the direction it was shot in. If you shoot it straight up it will disperse b4 it leaves the atmosphere.
Reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 07:53   Link #1685
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
Awesome!!!

Reith: Just thought it was funny that you made that second jutsu, because I've seen me and Quzor both have made different versions of it, lol.

Adediran242: Cool jutsu, I would love to see that actually happen in the show.

Keiken: I don't like you anymore, because now I want to be on the team with those two girls and kick that guy off. I thought the final jutsu for Keshima(sp?) was funny because I did the exact same thing for my fanfic, only it was caled the Super Sexy Jutsu, you can read it here if you would like
"Naruto Bloopers-The Super Sexy Jutsu"
http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.p...7443&chapter=1
But seriously, awesome jutsu, and it's a team I would love to read about.

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-02-25 at 08:07.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 15:57   Link #1686
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!
Keikan (and everybody else) please read this post!

THEIR NOT CALLED FISH NETS! They net clothing items; shirts, leggings, arn't called fish nets!

It is mesh chainmail. I read Naruto: Anime Profiles Vol.1, the one with episodes 1 - 30 something, and somewear in the book it showed nin-gear. The net thingies are actually chainmail that was been made very thin. I HAD to get that off my chest cuz everyone says fish nets. I was more pissed off then my avatar. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, but for some strange and stupid reason, everytime I read FISHNETS I would sigh or either explode.

Sorry for my stupid but USEFUL rant!

It WAS useful.... wasn't it?
Old 2008-02-25, 21:39   Link #1687
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reith View Post

THEIR NOT CALLED FISH NETS! They net clothing items; shirts, leggings, arn't called fish nets!

It is mesh chainmail. I read Naruto: Anime Profiles Vol.1, the one with episodes 1 - 30 something, and somewear in the book it showed nin-gear. The net thingies are actually chainmail that was been made very thin. I HAD to get that off my chest cuz everyone says fish nets. I was more pissed off then my avatar. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, but for some strange and stupid reason, everytime I read FISHNETS I would sigh or either explode.

Well, chain mail has no real use if it's too thin. If it's as thin as the threads used in "fish net" clothing, it's probably not much harder to cut through than a jewelry chain. Regardless of what it is, it still looks like fishnet clothes, so if you don't mind, I think I'll keep referring to it as such. It's easier than saying "Fish net style chain mail", you know.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:51   Link #1688
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
"Fish net style chain mail".
-"Fish net" or "chain mail" doesn't matter. As long as the person who's wearing it is hot who cares what it's called? See here:http://frichan.deviantart.com/art/Anko-sensei-49932596. A hot woman can go by the name of James Alexander and I'll still find her atractive.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:08   Link #1689
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Did I really? Sorry about that, I was just getting sick of trying to decide where my characters would come from, so I made a village up on the spot, drew a symbol for the ninjas, and went from there. I had no idea someone else had the same idea. If it's all the same, though, you're more than welcome to use my village. I don't mind the extra people. Besides, it'd be kind of hard to match Negakure's number of characters on my own. Sorry again, man.
Well I figure that my Kikaigakure and yours are two totally different villages, like yours isn't canon with my Raiu but mine is example: Hoshigakure is not canon with Naruto Shippuden

I see the now defunct "writers group" has been gathering on here...again *sigh* after rallying all of the support to get the Fan Fiction thread created its finally gone the way of the Dodo

Last edited by Vanitas; 2008-02-25 at 22:19.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:41   Link #1690
Adediran242
Konoha-nin =[(:<@-:)]=

Quote:
Well I figure that my Kikaigakure and yours are two totally different villages, like yours isn't canon with my Raiu but mine is example: Hoshigakure is not canon with Naruto Shippuden

I see the now defunct "writers group" has been gathering on here...again *sigh* after rallying all of the support to get the Fan Fiction thread created its finally gone the way of the Dodo
I'm writing mine im batches, then posting on the thread. This is to keep the flow going.

Desperately need a good artist with some time on their hands. PM me if you are him (or her)
Adediran242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:54   Link #1691
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adediran242 View Post
I'm writing mine im batches, then posting on the thread. This is to keep the flow going.
I mean that It's funny how people want me to be an "active" member of an "active" group/club yet for weeks it seems there's no activity but my own being put into and even then there's no comunication over pros/cons. I do believe I have created a monster ...
Old 2008-02-26, 03:06   Link #1692
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I've just been busy breaking back into the whole WoW scene (a discussion for another forum entirely). I'm still working on my story, but it's slow going now that I'm consumed by WoW, plus restarting Super Mario RPG, and finishing Super Paper Mario. Too many balls in the air...or rather, too many video games half completed.
Old 2008-02-26, 03:24   Link #1693
Keikan
Kingkiller

Location: Where the lava and the waterfall are struck by the shadows
Send a message via MSN to Keikan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reith View Post

Yeah, sorry bout that . On the bright side, if you look back at that last team of mine it now has chain-mail instead of fish-net (I just didn't know what to call it and it looks like a fish-net ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
Keiken: I don't like you anymore, because now I want to be on the team with those two girls and kick that guy off. I thought the final jutsu for Keshima(sp?) was funny because I did the exact same thing for my fanfic, only it was caled the Super Sexy Jutsu, you can read it here if you would like
"Naruto Bloopers-The Super Sexy Jutsu"
http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.p...7443&chapter=1
But seriously, awesome jutsu, and it's a team I would love to read about.
Well, I'll just have to live with you not liking me . You know the funny thing??? He's not gay, but he actually gets ticked off by the way they act some times. He's just far too serious.

And I am going through the Naurto Fan-fic Thread and reading and I will review all once I've finished (probably at about 1 tomorrow morning ), so I will read your story. For once I actually have some spare time.

Last edited by Keikan; 2008-02-26 at 03:30. Reason: New Quote, New Responce
Keikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 03:34   Link #1694
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
I've just been busy breaking back into the whole WoW scene (a discussion for another forum entirely). I'm still working on my story, but it's slow going now that I'm consumed by WoW, plus restarting Super Mario RPG, and finishing Super Paper Mario. Too many balls in the air...or rather, too many video games half completed.
For shame Quzor man, that is by far thee worst excuse I have ever heard As a fellow gamer, writer, and anime enthuiast I am usually able to break down my daily table into fourths, allowing me to evenly distribute time into each of my favorite areas of interest. I just got back into the drawing scene with a little inspiration from someone on this forum...

But I suppose not everyone can function like me so I can let it slide, I guess . Well, I can understand how someone can get COMPLETELY wrapped up in an awesome game, I recently started replaying FFVIII after my KOTOR phase washed away and I am now getting back into Xenogears, FFT, Chrono Trigger, and umm...some other junk

Oh and very nice characters and jutsus everyone, it's nice to see creativity still pumping into this part of the forums.
Old 2008-02-26, 03:43   Link #1695
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Yeah, I've always been really bad about dividing my time between games and other things. Even when it comes to things I enjoy (writing, anime, eating, etc.), gaming always seem to take a front seat. In an effort to not procrastinate too much, I have planned on getting the next chapter out this week...though when that will be, I'm not sure, as I have other committments (beyond gaming) that are eating up a lot of my time as well.
Quote:
Xenogears, FFT, Chrono Trigger
On another note: If you, or anyone else for that matter, can name three more bad ass games to be playing, I'd like to see you try. Chrono Trigger is by far the best RPG ever made (no that's not personal opinion, it's fact), FFT is quite possibly the best tactics-style RPG ever, and Xenogears is just...well...it's just awesome!
Old 2008-02-26, 05:40   Link #1696
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
On another note: If you, or anyone else for that matter, can name three more bad ass games to be playing, I'd like to see you try. Chrono Trigger is by far the best RPG ever made (no that's not personal opinion, it's fact), FFT is quite possibly the best tactics-style RPG ever, and Xenogears is just...well...it's just awesome!
Final Fantasy VI , Silent Hill, Paladin's Quest
Old 2008-02-26, 10:27   Link #1697
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Well, I'm sure you have all been asking yourselves, where's Zaku? I haven't seen him much here lately, what's he up to? Ya, probably not, but I'm sure you noticed I haven't been here much, partly due to having been at my grandparents all weekend, and I'm going through a youtube phase, as you can see in my sig. But I have also been working on these

Spoiler for Akiko and puppets:

Spoiler for Karuto:

Let me know what you think, I think they are a little better than the last batch I did.

KurayamiLeader: funny you should mention the slack in the fanfic thread, as I had planned on writing a chapter or two this week. Will try to get at least one done by Friday morning.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 15:58   Link #1698
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Same here Zaku, I'll have my updated chapters done and up by week's end.

Thx for the picture's Zaku there's one little prob though..........................................

Sorry to diss, but you draw like an 11 year old.

FORGIVE ME! I'm sorry man, truly

Plz don't hate me.

I know there's people who can draw and people who can't.

BTW Dan, how do you upload your pictures? I know what sites to post on (Photobucket, Imageshack), but do you use a digital camera or whatnot? Cuz I have some pics I would like to put up (there non-Naruto though but I want to show people hwo god I can draw. Its KILLING ME).

Last edited by Reith; 2008-02-26 at 16:58.
Old 2008-02-26, 16:00   Link #1699
The_Dark_One
Homless Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
As long as it's okay with Reith, you can use the team he and I just made.
Wheres the squad then?
The_Dark_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 17:10   Link #1700
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoso_Shunin View Post
Wheres the squad then?

Kuro's on page 81 of this thread, Akiko's on page 82 and Karuto's on page 79.

Sorry for makin' you go back to find them Katoso.