AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-13, 21:32   Link #41
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Just out of curiosity what do people prefer?

Some type of afterlife after death.

or

Oblivion where once you close your eyes one final time and thats it.
I'd prefer an afterlife. I feel like I need to exist, I need a reason to be me, a reason to be there. Not existing would suck, though I wouldn't know since I wouldn't exist.

As for death, I admit I fear it. I don't want to leave this place yet, I don't want people to sad. But, sadly, it is the complex of life that we all die and what begins must end, so I will die one day.

The only thing that really bothers me is time. Time is odd in that even now the past seems like a blink. When im Agent it will still seem like a blink and I will have gone nowhere. Im aging but is time really passing? Time could be just an illusion of our minds and we are all just sharing that illision, that is what scares me most of all.
__________________
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 08:00   Link #42
Sepiraph
Arayashiki
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: On the Internet
I embrace death with open arms, afterall it is our home in which all of us will have to return to.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 10:54   Link #43
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the space between your walls
Age: 26
If I dont think to death then one day it will happen and it will be the end and i would have happily not wasted time thinking about something that will happen and has to happen no matter what you do. I beliveyou should not think of death but what you should do befor the inevitable to make sure you have no regrets and go places after death that no one would want to go.

so I have one thing to say to you all "FREE YOUR MIND, FREE YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!"
__________________

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 10:59   Link #44
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the space between your walls
Age: 26
the day you die

Ok we have a thread that speaks of thoghts of death so...

here is the question I would like to know.

WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT DAY YOU WHERE TO DIE?

and if you did what would you do on or near that day?
__________________

credit to Neaco

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-04-14 at 11:03. Reason: We don't need a new thread for this...
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 11:14   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso
Ok we have a thread that speaks of thoghts of death so...

here is the question I would like to know.

WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT DAY YOU WHERE TO DIE?

and if you did what would you do on or near that day?
Yes.

And Las vegas here i come
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 11:49   Link #46
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso
Ok we have a thread that speaks of thoghts of death so...

here is the question I would like to know.

WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT DAY YOU WHERE TO DIE?

and if you did what would you do on or near that day?
Yes.

Cheat Death and kill myself before I die Bwahahaha! You can't have me now!

Eh well, I'd probably have done most of the things I wanted before that day. Maybe finding the perfect place to die? I'll probably watch a bit of my favorite anime, play my favorite pc game, have my favorite lunch, you know, the insignificant things that make me myself.

Lord, send me to an evergreen place where I can watch anime, listen to my favorite music and have a huge harem of anime lolis
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 12:27   Link #47
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Yes.


Lord, send me to an evergreen place where I can watch anime, listen to my favorite music and have a huge harem of anime lolis
Heck yea! Except I need to be able to play my video games in that vast evergreen place. There nothing will need to be plugged in and I can sit near a babbling stream underneath the shade of a tree all day with all my harem about me... good stuff.
__________________
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 17:39   Link #48
MajesticXII
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Think about it...If death didnt exist then we wouldnt be motivated to do anything with our lives,DEATH is the meaning of life in a way cause it makes you live!
MajesticXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:03   Link #49
Hebby
Moonlight Heaven
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Hebby
death is another adventure in life.
i have no thoughts on it cos its meant to happen, y try to avoid something you have no control over? like you had no control in being born. you just were. as you are born you will die.

no one knows what death will bring. it could be a total void like when you sleep at night and you cant remember the dreams. just know time has passed. or it could be another adventure for you to learn in like life is now.

what ever it is shouldnt try and think to avoid it. no point =/
__________________
Hebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:53   Link #50
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
wow the forums got all gloomy suddenly :P... death, well, death is the ultimate truth, is the only thing certain for any person anywhere in the world, no need to worship it just because of that though.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:48   Link #51
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England
Age: 24
If I had some garuntee of an afterlife I wouldn't mind death so much.

If I was offered imortality I would take it, I think anything is better than death.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 03:01   Link #52
Deo Death
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Send a message via AIM to Deo Death Send a message via Yahoo to Deo Death Send a message via Skype™ to Deo Death
I don't know, I think I want to die. What's beyond life? Will I see those that I have cared for that are dead? All is unexplained except for religious epics, etc. because it's not possible to come back....except for the dogs in Pittsburgh... So, maybe when the scientists that brought back those dogs from death will be able to bring back humans. I don't know, but I wonder what it will be like. I've always had a fascination with death.
__________________
Deo Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 20:56   Link #53
neoko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Auuustraaalia
Honestly, i think most of us will hit the dead end so fast and so sudden that we wont be able to comprehend that it is the end until the very last second when supposably our life 'flashes' in front of our eyes.

After that, like someone had said, the 'blank' period where you go to deep sleep - the instant between closing and opening your eyes.

I think if i had a choice, i would select a coma. Right now, my life's a mess, having no motivation (zombie mode) doesn't help either. Especially when my parents keep demmanding that i succeed in college/university. That way when i wake up, i'll be free, people would have changed, and i would hopefully have oodles of naruto/bleach manga to read!

Quote:
Just out of curiosity what do people prefer?

Some type of afterlife after death.

or

Oblivion where once you close your eyes one final time and thats it.
I'm a Christian, so ;P

But before this, i always wanted a world like 'Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou' after death. I think she said it was the twilight of mankind. I would love that sort of life, where you're free, and it's peaceful.

Anime, manga, well-composed music would be a bonus. But who would be bothered to do that when life's like this~!
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 07:31   Link #54
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso
Ok we have a thread that speaks of thoghts of death so...

here is the question I would like to know.

WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT DAY YOU WHERE TO DIE?

and if you did what would you do on or near that day?
Yes and partially No. I say yes because knowing that will allow me to wrap up my business here on earth satisfactorily, allow me to say goodbye-i love you-that sort of thing. On the other hand, I dont want living dreading the day that i will cease to exist, but i suppose, if it were really necessary, I could live with the dread, and somehow put it out my mind.

Speaking about dread, a side question here... why do humans dread death? And don't tell me you're not afraid of it. Its really easy to say that now, but imagine, if you were facing death and I mean death in THE FACE; there is this inherent human reaction of being scared out of your pants, and just freezing on the spot. (Just a few days ago I was almost killed by a bugger in a speeding car so I know). Even if one WANTS to die, I don't believe all the stories I hear about that person facing it unflinchingly. Basically, what makes us so scared of death?

I think that humans have this need to exist. We were created/evolved (pick one) with this need to exist. One evidence that its almost as if it's inbuilt into us; is this invokation of the hormonal "fight or flight" response when one is threatened (pupils dilate, heart pumps faster and more, lungs get more O2 etc). This instinctive reaction to preserve one's own life is so great that sometimes it is acheived at the cost of another human's life.

Honestly, I'm really fasinated by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticXII
Think about it...If death didnt exist then we wouldnt be motivated to do anything with our lives,DEATH is the meaning of life in a way cause it makes you live!
I get your point, but thats warped IMO. I don't live to die. I don't need death to motivate me, same way I don't need a dog running at my heels to chase (i.e. court) the girl I love.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 12:54   Link #55
Soka-chan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Madrid
Age: 28
I'm a very optimistic person, so it surprised me when this thread made me realise that death is the thing that motivates me the most.You can have all the love and friendship and those things that you want, but in the end, the only important thing is what you have accomplished.I'm obsessed with this, I think about it at least once every day.

I'd have to say that death is important to me because of this obsession, but it's not something I think about in itself.I'm healthy, eat good, have a healthy family and I never smoke or do dangerous things.I only drink, and usually moderately.I fear death beacuse I have to do many things before going forever.

Seeing the many things I wanna do, and the stress that overcomes me when I realise I'll never have enough time to do every single thing, imagine what it'd be for me if I knew the time and day of my death!!!No way!!!I want to enjoy life as it comes or as I search for it, but not pressured because time's out.
__________________
“Wouldn’t ‘wait for the right moment’ make more sense?”
“Um, sure, in a non-gryffindor sort of way”(DRACO AND HARRY)

“They’re bigger, stronger and meaner than us. If this is anything but a poetry contest, we’re in for a very humiliating experience”(GOJYO)

-For Goku, who understood that being accepting of death is not the same as being resigned to fying.A true warrior to the last.
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 19:51   Link #56
Humarl
Why me?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Again i dont know
Age: 22
Well really death is unavoidable we all will have to face it sooner or later
but you shouldn't think about it, just live your days to the fullest
Humarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:19   Link #57
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't want to die. Actually I want to go back in time 10 years and stay like that for ever ^^
__________________

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:33   Link #58
Orichi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Orichi
Death is simply a necessary step in order to support life.
The one is bound to the other, and cannot exist alone.

Whether or not there is an afterlife, who knows.
Personally, l don't believe in god, or a similar figure.
I believe we created an afterlife to comfort the families of those that die.

When we die, I believe that's it, the game's over, there's nothing more.
However, I must admit that reincarnation is an interesting idea
and makes more sense than an afterlife (like Heaven or Hell).

Do I know the answers about death, NO. However my reasons work for me.
Philosophers have been debating this and the meaning of life, since the start.
I do however believe that if there is an afterlife, it won't matter whether or not I believe in God to get in.
Also, if there is an afterlife, I don't think any religion has it described correctly, I mean how could they?
__________________
Cursed are the normals...Inanely yours, Orichi
Orichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 14:32   Link #59
DeathStrike
SLASH!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
i want to go back a few years in time. be a kid forever. im a senior in hs and i look around and the world is going to be a harder place. college doesn't seem like it'll be fun
__________________
DeathStrike
DeathStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 16:22   Link #60
Bracken33
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I am not afraid of death but of dying (does that make sense in english?). I really fear the pain of a long time illness for example.

I assume that after someone has died there is simply nothing. I imagine it is similar to the state before we were born, nothing.... . I do not believe in an afterlife. I do not fear the nonexistence of one.
I am ready to go, and I could go every day.
I am not suicidal, but a bit indifferent. It is hard to explain, if you are not me .
__________________

Bracken33 hopes this post is understandable and stylish.
If this is not the case please excuse my bad english.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
death, existentialism

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.