AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-02, 19:34   Link #21
lavielove

Kiba was subbed by the group oz =D cheers. I do like this anime , we need more actions in April.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 20:05   Link #22
thomasvye
Delurking...

Just watched Kiba and I was delighted!

I have a high tolerance for shonen, couldn't care less about product tie-in if the show is good - Onmyou Taisenki was great, and I will always have a place in my heart for Beyblade; not the best animation, or the most orginal story, but it just had something charming about it (Idaten Jump can die though, really - that was a horrible mutation).

It amuses me when people talk about things being unoriginal; occaisionally something very startling like Noein comes along, but there are very very few stories that are original in this world; it's the way it's done that will make it or break it. Kiba does it well.

Spoiler:
thomasvye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 22:29   Link #23
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I have to admit it had me intrigued. I'm definetly willing to give this show a few more episodes worth of my time. It's still too early to give a final verdict on it, but so far I don't have much in the way of complaints. Good intro and ending music, cool backgrounds, decent animation and BG, main character we'll see how I like him as time goes on, Noah was cool. If it keeps this level at least, I know I'll have found a keeper.
Old 2006-04-03, 03:57   Link #24
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Just watched the first episode, and so far, this is closer to FMA than, say, Bleach. The first episode was totally serious, which was surprising, but I wonder if they'll bring in the comedy elements now that we have left Zedd's home world.

Spoiler:
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 09:45   Link #25
zka

Just watched 01 by orz. Great release from them.

The first episode really made an impression on me just like first episode of Bleach, Naruto and other great animes. I just hope they will continue that way.

Anyway AWSOME first episode ( at least for me ).
zka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 13:14   Link #26
lavielove

geez! you peple are weird.There is a Roia (CV is Nana you know..) ,this can't be yori (^_^||) , give it a rest. Alittle bit early to say it's like Bleach or Naruto or something like that even though we did have a chance to see sony-music's logo was sticking at the start of the episode and a handful of productions are piling up for this show(dunno why they cannot draw more creative monsters or better gauls) . Someday gauls from Helsing will say they want to retire from japanese anime industry =P Anyway this is not a yuri entertainment(I hope) lol
Old 2006-04-03, 13:16   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

This is so not the genre I usually like, but after the first few minutes I enjoyed the first episode. Even I realize it was loaded with cliches, but it had its own character, too. At first, I just didn't like Zed, but he grew on me as his choices narrowed. And the interworld effects were sweet. The show airs at 8:30 am Sundays, so you know it's for a younger audience, but that shouldn't prevent it from being interesting. We'll see.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 13:22   Link #28
lavielove

excatly that is, the ad before the show[what I saw in the raw] quite haunted me still and the monster designs that showed in the ed(make me remember my childhood with Giban's monsters =P). Hey.. I don't think this is for younger audience even though I did saw that ad since some red color liquid is flying here in there in the anime itself and his (seem to be) mad mother's killing is quite Blood+
Old 2006-04-03, 14:14   Link #29
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
excatly that is, the ad before the show[what I saw in the raw] quite haunted me still and the monster designs that showed in the ed(make me remember my childhood with Giban's monsters =P). Hey.. I don't think this is for younger audience even though I did saw that ad since some red color liquid is flying here in there in the anime itself and his (seem to be) mad mother's killing is quite Blood+
I think the horrendous cardgame tie-in is an afterthought by TVTokyo. Kiba's definately darker than the usual kid's fair. I hate to draw parrallels but it's closer to FMA in that respect. We got two deaths in the first episode, more than you'll ever get in other kid's shows.

Spoiler for Zedd's mom:

Big thanks for orz for their swift release

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-04-03 at 14:25.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:03   Link #30
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I watched the first episode. I liked it.

Well, it reminded me of FMA too. At first from the description of story & characters it sounded very very shounen-y but it is looks to have much more than this. I think some things advanced pretty fast for the first ep, we didn't see much of the "normal" world, but I'm pretty sure we'll see more of it soon. Anyway, even though there were a few cliche scenes, I didn't find the story very stereotypical, in fact, I think the progression is a bit different. I like the characters, the animation looked good but not nothing really special and I loved the music score.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:17   Link #31
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I pretty much agree with someone's post who said this was decent, to say so. The first episode was nice, the Animation is great for a younger audience show, but didn't impress me that much if I were to compare with Fate/Stay Night.

Then again, the story seemed pretty solid for itself. A bit of cliche here and there, but nothing major, and yes, as Zedd's options were narrowing his character had some nice development, especially the choice to follow Amil Gaul into the other world. Let's see if it can keep the quality like this.

And about the "Dark" enviroment, and the two deaths, that really doesn't sound that much. Yu-Gi-Oh! had Yami killing everyone in the start, but it turned out to be really cheesy afterwards.

Ah, Sound-wise, the OST seemed to be pretty decent, at least the music they showed us along with the episode, thumbs up for the last music, which did remind me a bit of Yuki Kajiura. Too bad it's not nearly as good as her songs. The OP is nice, yet Nami Tamaki is somewhat repetitive, the ED was awful, geez, who the hell were those guys?

But, to sum it up, Kiba seems like a decent premise, and this first episode was interesting enough to keep me waiting for the second one. Let's hope for the best
Old 2006-04-03, 23:34   Link #32
Fishbait

The ending music and all the pictures were alot more interesting than the episode itself.

I cant say I like Zedd all that much O.o Noa seems like pretty nice guy.

I'll give this series a few more episodes IMO...
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 00:07   Link #33
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
and stuff like Law of Ueki or Digimon Whatevers, fall squarely in the "Anime Made In Order To Make Kids Buy Stuff" category.
Firstly i dunno if it's just me or we're not allowed to say bad stuff on the topic and whatnot, but i have to say tho, Ueki may be for 10-13, but it is still entertaining nontheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
There is shounen that allows for variability in its plot, style, characters so that different people can enjoy it, even though its main audience is still teenage boys. Naruto can get damn good at times
Can't really agree with you there, if i have to say there are more shounen-y animes that is funnier than Naruto

And back to topic, and excuse me, but i don't get why Noah is such a favored character. Yes, he has cool features and personality, but i personally hate his voice. At least his voice that lacks emotion. O and the "guardian" type creature that's going to be with Zedd, seems a bit odd, but i guess that's what you call originality. But i reall like some of the stuff, like the part with the jellyfish (mentioned earlier by sum1 else) and that's my 2 cents
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 00:24   Link #34
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Jesus, what's with the massive hating on Ueki and the Digimon shows? They may be shounen, but they still manage to be a good watch for people outside that target audience. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I think the horrendous cardgame tie-in is an afterthought by TVTokyo. Kiba's definately darker than the usual kid's fair.

Upper Deck Japan is the main sponsor of this show, so I doubt that it's an afterthought.

In any event, this is looking to be an interesting show. I'm curious about Noah, and the OP/ED are very nice. (Afromania for the WIN!) :>
何物にも捕われる、
縛られず、
ただあるがままに己を生きる。
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 12:39   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
watched the fansub last night like the backround and the story seems ok. Im just wondering if the show will be able to keep an auidences attention visuals arent everything if the story sucks its going to turn people off. I do like how the voice actor (dont know who it was) managed to convey the feeling of the charcter i really felt like the charcter was out of place and seeking something. It seems really shounen to me since i watch a lot of that genre, not bad so far though.

Oh yea his mother kicked all types of ass and that fight with the old dude and the girl was pretty good too
Old 2006-04-04, 12:59   Link #36
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought that Ueki got really interesting when the fighting started. That was when we actually saw the backgrounds and knew the motivations of the fighters.

Kiba totally suprised me after reading all the negative comments. I liked ep. 1. I hope that the rest of this title is good. Need to know more about Calm and Noa.

Yep, don't mess with Zed's mom!

Last edited by orion; 2006-04-04 at 13:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 17:23   Link #37
Mb81

Well, i had the chance to even see the presentation at the tokyo anime fair. The anime looked there better. Kiba is good, but nothing BIG bzw. special about it. Just a better average anime so far.
Old 2006-04-05, 00:11   Link #38
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

It was below my expectation, but episode 01 was good...enough. Agreed on the flaws of the shows many have already mentioned above, but I won't fault it for adhering too close to genre conventions. The first episode managed to strike a balance between plot intrigue and action sequences and thus kept my interest. Unfortunately, I don't quite like the protagonist Zed, in both his physical and personal traits. His character design/appearence gives off a cocky impression, and he has an overly headstrong and angsty personality. But I'll give them time to justify and/or ameliorate his character. Just a tidbit with regards to "Z" or "Zed" in the opening post. Up here in Canada, the letter "Z" is commonly pronounced as "Zed", but "zee" is recognized and accepted as well. However, in the U.S. "Z" is only said as "zee". I don't know if this has any relation to his name. Anyways, shouldn't this thread be moved to fansubbed forums since it's already been fansubbed? Oh well.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 20:18   Link #39
ViVi_bOi

Added KIBA Screenshots Comparison
Old 2006-04-06, 21:14   Link #40
zka

Yea...kyuuketsuki video is a bit better but orz takes the win in the translation. Since translation always comes on first place for me ( its like listening to something and reading something else otherwise) i guess i'll stick with orz..

Thanks ViVi_bOi for the comparison... Didn't really know that orz was a solo group but darn great job non the less
zka is offline   Reply With Quote