AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-08, 09:39   Link #21
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasuto.
I am interested to see how much of the "heavy" content the anime will adapt, since that's what make it unique.
Hopefully it'll adapt the most possible of it, because else it might screw up a bit the story, so I personally hope they don't censor it too much, else it might lose all its sense, especially since most scenes are quite important, unless you completly change the story, that is.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 15:36   Link #22
lavielove

ep1 screen caps

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-08 at 16:18.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 17:14   Link #23
BluWacky
尻の竜

Just finished watching the first episode.

I've not read the manga, but I'm aware of its reputation - there's absolutely nothing perverted in this episode at all (unless you're a bigot and think shoujo ai is perverted!).

I quite liked it; it doesn't seem overly original or anything, but it's nicely animated and has an interesting premise. When those of you who've read the manga have watched it, can you let the rest of us know if this is an anime-original story or, if it isn't, how badly it's been affected by the toning-down for TV I assume took place?

Cheers.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 17:22   Link #24
lavielove

I still have not have a chance to watch the full episode.But as much as I had a chance to see,the script writer did an excellent job on some points.There are a few character introductions in manga but the anime introduced the character wisely.(if I pointed out ,that gonna be sure big spoiler and people will hate me =P )

the people said that the original video is very good and cannot stop prasing the animation chief for that.Especially about the lighting.

btw, *me* not a bigoat *me* love shoujo ai =D
Old 2006-04-08, 17:23   Link #25
CaiSter21

does anyone know if this series is going to be subbed?
Old 2006-04-08, 18:00   Link #26
Keitarou
Ninja

Watched the episode and...I'm disappointed. That was kiddy style all over, yeah there was this weak background story with yuri elements, but all of that was faint and didn't feature anything remotely comparable with the manga.

As far as the adaption goes. Thi is an anime-original episode in a much different style, so you can take a guess how well they adapted the original!

Well, perhaps it wasn't all that bad as it did sound now. Overall I thought it was watchable, but having known the original manga I couldn't help but feel down all the way. A few good points about episode one:

There were several scenes which seemed like taken straight from parts of the first manga-arc, just with other characters and I liked the opening a lot. Ending was somewhat worse, but I liked the touch that it was sung by Touko and Rinko (Ayako Kawasumi and Kei Shindou). Ayako Kawasumi does a great work as Touko by the way, too bad Tachibana didn't appear in this episode, Tomokazu Seki would've been a great addition already in episode one. Aside from that the designs were quite good and the animation wasn't too shaby either.

Story, well as said a whole new one and it wasn't really good, rather boring...The Mishima sisters pulled it through for me.

Thumbs for episode one.

Hmm, yeah, my initial verdict was much worse, but I guess setting aside the toned down presentation which doesn't have much to do with the manga, it also does have a few good parts. Of course I still hope they will come back to what makes the manga that oustanding and different, else it would be a great waste of a series. (A 6/10 if I had to rate it.)

Last edited by Keitarou; 2006-04-08 at 20:02.
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 20:09   Link #27
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

The girl who needed help (I forgot her name), why all of a sudden she wares glasses and has long hair? Didnt they like the original design?

Anyway apart from that i'm looking forward to seeying this, hope they dont change too much unlike air gear.

edit: Going through the screen shots againg it seems it may have change quite a bit than I thought.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:08   Link #28
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I just finished watch it and I liked it. People who feel it should be exact to the manga likely won't feel the same way but, although light on the disturbing content it was still pretty strong on the strange stuff. Also, it's only the first episode so there's plenty of time for the other stuff still.

All in all I'd say it was pretty enjoyable. The animation was a lot better than I thought it'd be and the fight at the end wasn't terrible for a first episode "heroes showing off".
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 07:04   Link #29
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
first episode... no tension, hardly any mystery...
I really hope it gets better, because it's a concept that *could* work...
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 09:05   Link #30
shadowplay
passive observer

Bah, that felt like drinking alcohol-free beer or decaffeinated coffee, even worse. They should've called it Yume Tsukai - Double Light version.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 09:51   Link #31
lavielove

I think it's right to be disappointed with the first episode because the episode itself tried to rush the things to introduce abilities of yume tsukai within 30 minutes instead of try to build up the story bit by bit and climb up to the climax.This may be because the series will only be 12 episodes long.

I think next episode , the pace will be slow down abit. One thing missing in anime is that toko is not a drunken she has to be, instead we had a chance to see her as a sleepy head and toko didnt wear that eye-strap until volume 4 in manga.That's quite creative scene that Toko was wearing eye-strap thinking about her father who has died years ago and cried. That's a really brilliant scene.

One thing made most of the people felt bad is the character design for enemy I think. A few mistakes for choosing the battle background sound made the battle scene to be less attractive.This episode is more suitable for the people who do not know what yume tuskai are and want to watch an OVA for that.

I'm not disappointed about this episode coz the arc I'm trying to figure out how they would animate was already over and the other part is being unknown to me.waiting for more honestly.
Old 2006-04-09, 10:11   Link #32
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Did anyone already mention that this looks like "The Ghostbusters"? Because it does. Ghostbusters with bad animation... Man, I expected so much and I get this?!

Ayako Kawasumi and Aya Hisakawa do make it tempting, but otherwise this is a one huge miss...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:23   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Good animation (IMO), nice character design, great voice-acting from Aya Hisakawa in particular, but certainly nothing special...yet. More mystery and weirdness, please, even if the rougher elements of the story have to be expunged. I've reviewed the first eps of 30 shows in my blog, but I know I can't really judge a series from its first episode. I hope.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 02:37   Link #34
lavielove

The pre-synopsis for episode 2 優しい靴音 (Gentel foot-steps) was out today.I'm just hoping that this will not be the one-shot episodes.

Spoiler:

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-16 at 18:17.
Old 2006-04-16, 01:35   Link #35
lavielove

ep2 discussion
Spoiler:

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-16 at 18:24.
Old 2006-04-16, 14:04   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

On the one hand, this has too much of a normal magical girl show about it, even after episode 2, and little of the total weirdness of the first part of the manga. On the other hand, there is still a whiff of strange magic that gives it its own flavor. Travelling down the hallways worked for me. And the voice-acting is superb: to hear Kawasumi Ayako (onee-chan) and Hisakawa Aya (older with looped braids) together is the treat I expected it would be.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 17:59   Link #37
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
On the one hand, this has too much of a normal magical girl show about it, even after episode 2, and little of the total weirdness of the first part of the manga. On the other hand, there is still a whiff of strange magic that gives it its own flavor. Travelling down the hallways worked for me. And the voice-acting is superb: to hear Kawasumi Ayako (onee-chan) and Hisakawa Aya (older with looped braids) together is the treat I expected it would be.
Just an FYI to people reading this thread: since Tokko was prelicensed, Arienai and Gakido have switched projects to Yume Tsukai. I've got my hands on the 6 volumes of the manga, and will start work on episode 1 today. We just switched though, so expect a release in a week or two. If there are any people here who want to help trans check, that's always appreciated .
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 18:13   Link #38
lavielove

thanks for bringing in such a good news =D
Old 2006-04-17, 06:37   Link #39
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Rinko's quite admirable, always having to make retorts at such a conceited, and, well, despicable type as Hajime .
episode 2 was much better than the first one in all aspects.

"...Boku ni totte... juu-san-sai ijou wa obaaaaasan..."
Old 2006-04-17, 07:53   Link #40
itzfurrball

correction thanks to Matthew's blog

Spoiler: