AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 09:24   Link #41
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfurrball
correction thanks to Matthew's blog

Spoiler:
Or you could have just checked the manga to know it (it seems like he's saying exactly the same ).

Last edited by Thany; 2006-04-17 at 10:19.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 09:52   Link #42
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
...... @ Thany ...........
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 14:22   Link #43
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
thanks for bringing in such a good news =D
Well, bad news. Once Gakido read the manga they all jumped ship. I've been convinced, however, so I'll try and continue the project alone with Arienai or maybe in a joint with someone else if they're interested.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 14:37   Link #44
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Kind of sorry to hear that since as objectionable as the manga may be, the anime is toned way down. but they have their reasons I guess.

I mean, of all the reasons *not to sub* the show, I would be thinking the strongest consideration would be about how much it *diverts* from the manga.
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 17:30   Link #45
miyu chan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Just an FYI to people reading this thread: since Tokko was prelicensed, Arienai and Gakido have switched projects to Yume Tsukai. I've got my hands on the 6 volumes of the manga, and will start work on episode 1 today. We just switched though, so expect a release in a week or two. If there are any people here who want to help trans check, that's always appreciated .
I really hope it works out, (the fansubbing) I love the character designs for this anime...
Even though their eyes look cross eyed half the time ^_^; ahww... so silly

And though itís not like the manga, (which weird doesn't even begin to describe)
I still think it sounds cute, but then I'm a big fan of loli anime, so I'm biased. The eastern
mythology elements also interest me. Furthermore, since it is so different from the manga
Iím curious to see what they do with it.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

* Two things from the manga I will miss though... the drinking delinquent element of the older sister
and the talking chicken at the toy shop. I guess they thought a teenager with a drinking problem was too much. wah!
(Don't know why they got rid of the chicken)
miyu chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 19:02   Link #46
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu chan
I'm a big fan of loli anime, so I'm biased.
I think it's not right to categorize Yume Tuskai as an loli anime.The anime is already categorized as fantasy,slice of life and Comedy in there.
Old 2006-04-18, 06:05   Link #47
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

First episode is translated, so I just need to finish all the asundries (typesetting, getting the OP/ED translated and karaoked, and encoding/qc ).

I hope no one minds if I don't use the translations from the scanlations of the manga for the various things they tend to yell. I tend to keep things little more literal for this show.

On another note, many of the things they say are pretty archaic japanese, e.g.:

Utsushiyo wa yume yoru no yume koso makoto!
現実は夢 夜の夢こそ真実!

With those pronunciatins, I wonder if even japanese speakers would know what that meant without the kanji... so should I leave that entire line untranslated (and put a translation in a note at the end) or substitute a translation, like, I'm pretty sure the "wa" is an old fashioned use which means "no", so it's like an incantation: "Dream of Reality, Your truth is a Dream of the Night!" (I think the "ma" from "makoto" here is used in the sense of truth).

Some other really tricky things are what they say before inserting the toys into the broom gods:

Asobitatematsuru! 遊奉!

again, I could leave it untranslated and leave explanation for a note at the end (There's already going to be, like, 30 seconds of notes at the end, I know ). Or I could translate it as "Offering of Play!" or something like that. The scanlators had "Play Magic!", but the second kanji really doesn't mean "Magic", it means to offer something to someone of higher status... i.e. the yume tsukai offer the toy to the broom god in order to harness the god's power.

(The Yumedomo is also definitely not the "Dream Palace" as the scanlators had, but the "Dream Temple". the kanji could mean either, but I think it's pretty clear which one in this case).

In any case, I'm not sure which people would prefer... leaving large sentences and chunks as pure transliterations with translations on in long winded notes? Or english translations of everything with notes at the end explaining all the connotations that the approximate translations lack?
Old 2006-04-18, 06:32   Link #48
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i cant wait to watch this show. i hope its great. looks fun.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 07:12   Link #49
lavielove

Quote:
First episode is translated, so I just need to finish all the asundries (typesetting, getting the OP/ED translated and karaoked, and encoding/qc ).

I hope no one minds if I don't use the translations from the scanlations of the manga for the various things they tend to yell. I tend to keep things little more literal for this show.

現実は夢 夜の夢こそ真実!

With those pronunciatins, I wonder if even japanese speakers would know what that meant without the kanji... so should I leave that entire line untranslated (and put a translation in a note at the end) or substitute a translation, like, I'm pretty sure the "wa" is an old fashioned use which means "no", so it's like an incantation: "Dream of Reality, Your truth is a Dream of the Night!" (I think the "ma" from "makoto" here is used in the sense of truth).

Some other really tricky things are what they say before inserting the toys into the broom gods:

Asobitatematsuru! 遊奉!

again, I could leave it untranslated and leave explanation for a note at the end (There's already going to be, like, 30 seconds of notes at the end, I know ). Or I could translate it as "Offering of Play!" or something like that. The scanlators had "Play Magic!", but the second kanji really doesn't mean "Magic", it means to offer something to someone of higher status... i.e. the yume tsukai offer the toy to the broom god in order to harness the god's power.

(The Yumedomo is also definitely not the "Dream Palace" as the scanlators had, but the "Dream Temple". the kanji could mean either, but I think it's pretty clear which one in this case).

In any case, I'm not sure which people would prefer... leaving large sentences and chunks as pure transliterations with translations on in long winded notes? Or english translations of everything with notes at the end explaining all the connotations that the approximate translations lack?
It's better to leave some words to make the things more unique and make the viewers to find out what does that means by themselves.That's a good idea and sounds like fun! =D
Old 2006-04-18, 07:44   Link #50
Thany
Unfair

Quote:

現実は夢 夜の夢こそ真実!

Asobitatematsuru! 遊奉!

IMO it's a better way to do, because they don't always say what they did exactly say in the manga, so better keep an accurate translation which still stay important, so don't rush please, we've been waiting for a week or so so we can wait more
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:35   Link #51
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
IMO it's a better way to do, because they don't always say what they did exactly say in the manga, so better keep an accurate translation which still stay important, so don't rush please, we've been waiting for a week or so so we can wait more
Well, actually, 100% of the things they say which are "magic words" are verbatim from some section of the first 3 volumes of the manga. Which is a good thing, since otherwise I would have had no clue how to translate some of it. As for the rest of the dialogue, well, that's just normal japanese, after all .
Old 2006-04-21, 01:18   Link #52
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Here's a subbed version of the first episode by me and two friends:
http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/Yume_Tsukai-01%5BHAJIME-HAT%5D.mkv.torrent

We had some trouble with the spell incantations as well. We transliterated them and then I wrote the closest thing that came to mind. While the sentence structure is a bit weird, the words themselves all make sense. The translation makes sense in context, at least.

The quality of the sub should be decent enough overall. As usual, we're doing this mostly to get some interest in the show. If you guys need any help we might be able to join forces or something. As a side note, I almost jumped ship when I found the show WASN'T like the manga, but I'm crazy. Here's hoping it goes nuts soon.
Chikushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 02:35   Link #53
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikushou
Here's a subbed version of the first episode by me and two friends:
http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/Yume_Tsukai-01%5BHAJIME-HAT%5D.mkv.torrent

We had some trouble with the spell incantations as well. We transliterated them and then I wrote the closest thing that came to mind. While the sentence structure is a bit weird, the words themselves all make sense. The translation makes sense in context, at least.

The quality of the sub should be decent enough overall. As usual, we're doing this mostly to get some interest in the show. If you guys need any help we might be able to join forces or something. As a side note, I almost jumped ship when I found the show WASN'T like the manga, but I'm crazy. Here's hoping it goes nuts soon.
Pretty much the only thing left for my release is the songs. But I am probably going to leave the song unkaraoked until the official lyrics come out in about 2 weeks, since there is some pretty classical vocabulary and I am not confident about transliterating that.

Don't worry guys, I'm on this show . And I've never dropped a project.
Old 2006-04-21, 03:59   Link #54
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

I'm reasonably confident about what we did with the OP. We didn't do the ED, though.

If you want to use our script for reference/comparison/whatever, feel free: http://files.paramnesiac.net/Yume_Tsukai-01.ass

We don't care what people do with our scripts That'll work with any 24:29 raw.
Old 2006-04-21, 05:38   Link #55
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Thanks for subbing it.
I should give it a try....even if it doesn't meet my expectations towards the manga, doesn't mean that it's a BAD anime.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 09:00   Link #56
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikushou
I'm reasonably confident about what we did with the OP. We didn't do the ED, though.

If you want to use our script for reference/comparison/whatever, feel free: http://files.paramnesiac.net/Yume_Tsukai-01.ass

We don't care what people do with our scripts That'll work with any 24:29 raw.
Woot. That helps .
Old 2006-04-21, 09:44   Link #57
lavielove

Finally Yume Tsukai ep1 was get subbed =D the first thing I noticed when I clicked play button was the sound, second was the Opening. Yume Dono as Dream Shrine =D

So how this anime will be named?, Dream Catcher or Dream User ? Personally I prefer dream user =D
Old 2006-04-21, 10:19   Link #58
evil-samurai

I was looking for a bit of that... comedy, but I guess he will be showing up next week then ^^; Though I heard he didn't set off any fireworks in the anime (ep.2) not that its the worst thing but I really liked that moment Still I'm sure he will still come across alright after hearing that they are still keeping in some of his most important! lines ^^

No alcohol Come on! >.> If they dont show that, then it doesn't seem likey they are going to get into alot more werid things. I dont mind if they tone things done a bit, I just hope that it at least stays interesting.

I like the first episode more so since just the talking moments were fairly interesting, alot of times I dont really pay attention and they get boring but here I liked it. The animation was good and the music sure is nice. I cant say I will watch all of the show (I always drop alot!! of shows ^^; ) but I watch a few more.

@ lavielove You sure have had alot of different Yume Tsukai Sigs ^^ I like most of the ones you've had, though I couldn't say which one I liked the most since they are always changing ^^
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 10:32   Link #59
lavielove

@evil-samurai not that much actually thx for reminding me =D

segawa , my favourite girl

touko biting a magic note

hajime rocks!

touko Ojiosama style

touko episode 1

rinko and touko shouting the Akumizer 3 line together

rinko

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-25 at 12:15. Reason: update signature store
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 17:19   Link #60
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove

So how this anime will be named?, Dream Catcher or Dream User ? Personally I prefer dream user =D
Yeah, throughout the episode we did use Dream Catchers when referring to the actual people. When I lazily typeset the title screen, I instinctively called it Dream Users. Honestly, while Dream Users is a more accurate translation, it just sounds so silly. Dreamcatchers are something more Westerners might be familiar with. Americans, at least. The broom god things they used reminded me of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher_(Native_American), which is why we chose it.