AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-04-30, 20:23   Link #281
X207
Gamyūsa

lol they're both rather twisted. though i think this discussion should move to an appropriate thread.
Old 2009-05-01, 20:56   Link #282
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Question: Can the manga version of Karin-verse vampires turn humans into vampires or is it completely hereditary?
Old 2009-05-01, 21:02   Link #283
Johnny
Working the bags...

I haven't seen anything other than hereditary in the manga. Blood seems to only effect personality...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 17:34   Link #284
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I only wished there was a sequal featuring Kanon who is full vampire and re intorducing all the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
But since Kanon is human,the story may be based on her being attacked by another vampire (in other territory), and awaken Great Grandma Elda Wrath on the perperator
Actually, it could work out very well if her Aunt, while watching over her, observed that she was having normal periods and came to the conclusion that she might not be sterile. Then, she started having strange cravings and started being attracted to some dork. On a date, she gives in to an instinct that she was unaware of and sucks his blood. Then her Aunt, as she did for her own sister, comes to the rescue and makes him forget. After that she is taken to meet the rest of her family and, as a day walking fertile vampire, she becomes the most desirable vampire bride. And Great Grandmother Elda and her Grandfather to chaperon all her dates.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 20:46   Link #285
CrossoverManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
Question: Can the manga version of Karin-verse vampires turn humans into vampires or is it completely hereditary?
With all of the human takes on the vampire mythos, I'd love to a fic where they sit around and watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Blade to get their 'opinion' on it.
Old 2009-05-04, 22:12   Link #286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, a *little* bit of that goes on as Kenta is initially scoping Karin out ... he makes all the usual "garlic, crosses, stakes, etc" connection errors which is later explained as something very different.

But yeah, it'd be a bit of humor to have them dumbfounded at some tv series that mischaracterizes vampires.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 23:18   Link #287
CrossoverManiac

I'd think they'd be offended, especially with BtVS as the vamps are creatures of pure evil without souls. Pray Joss Whedon isn't anywhere near Elda.
Old 2009-05-05, 00:52   Link #288
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Actually, it could work out very well if her Aunt, while watching over her, observed that she was having normal periods and came to the conclusion that she might not be sterile. Then, she started having strange cravings and started being attracted to some dork. On a date, she gives in to an instinct that she was unaware of and sucks his blood. Then her Aunt, as she did for her own sister, comes to the rescue and makes him forget. After that she is taken to meet the rest of her family and, as a day walking fertile vampire, she becomes the most desirable vampire bride. And Great Grandmother Elda and her Grandfather to chaperon all her dates.
Speaking of that, vampires in Karin don't have periods.

lol, I remember reading a part in the novels where Karin was explaining all of that, and I went, "wat".
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 17:11   Link #289
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Speaking of that, vampires in Karin don't have periods.

lol, I remember reading a part in the novels where Karin was explaining all of that, and I went, "wat".
That could change if Kanon is both fertile and a vampire. The influx of normal human genetic material would probably cause a number of changes. There would probably be a push to have Karen have more children too in the hope that they would also be fertile and be vampires in order to increase the amount of genetic variation available,

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 01:36   Link #290
animeffs13240
V for Victory

I really enjoyed the manga it was a unique twist and really enjoyable to read. There are tons of likable characters but the ending really got me.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2009-07-30, 21:05   Link #291
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
I really enjoyed the manga it was a unique twist and really enjoyable to read. There are tons of likable characters but the ending really got me.
Spoiler for ending:
Indeed I wasent really enjoying the ending all that well, but it was good that they lived sorta "happily ever after".

But what I was hoping for is an sequal involving there daughter like she awakens as a vampire and finds her comes across her blood type and bites and sucks it leaving her and her mother karin very confused except for Kenta.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:32   Link #292
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Indeed I wasent really enjoying the ending all that well, but it was good that they lived sorta "happily ever after".

But what I was hoping for is an sequal involving there daughter like she awakens as a vampire and finds her comes across her blood type and bites and sucks it leaving her and her mother karin very confused except for Kenta.
I know exactly how u feel however i really don't see a sequel ever happining
first of all, we know that a human and vampire can never have a vampire child, and when karin loses her vampire ability she becomes your average human, but there is always hope
Old 2009-08-08, 22:15   Link #293
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I just finished this. It is alot better than the anime. I really liked it.
Old 2009-10-31, 11:21   Link #294
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally picked up the last TP volume... can finally put this series to rest on my shelf. I already kind of knew the ending so as far as execution - the climax and epilog seemed rather jumpy/chopped up to me. Still not really satisfied with the family "solution". After all, they still remember Karin and know they will far outlive her. They're the ones who need a memory wipe, not her.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 00:57   Link #295
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Finally finished the manga.....

The ending....upset me.....erghh that was not cool.... (I actually prefer the anime ending compared to that!!) So I engrossed myself in her new manga....which I don't like as much but it has enough to be interesting.

I hope this doesn't have a sucky ending too....
Old 2009-11-22, 08:36   Link #296
scrumly1

There is always the rest of the novels to get through as well.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 20:36   Link #297
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumly1 View Post
There is always the rest of the novels to get through as well.
Oh, THAT'S RIGHT!!!

I need to read those....; ever since I got into Haruhi, I've been really liking light novels ooooh thanks so much for reminding me!!
Old 2011-02-21, 22:22   Link #298
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I just got in the January and February issus of Dragon Age, and guess what I found in the Hekikai no Aion chapter in the Jan. issue? A one-chapter Aion-Karin crossover. Apparently the two titles take place in the same universe.

Anju is currently 19 (which is sure to bring fans a-running back ) and watching over Karin and Kenta, happily married and living together. (more stuff to bring on the fan stampede ) Those two twins from Aion are going after Karin for her "Pushuke" blood (however you spell that in english), and Anju intervenes when she detects them crossing her barrier.

Not that there's any fighting of course; just some good old style Karin hijinks. Especially when Anju finds out Karin is pregnant..........reminds me of when Henry would get mad over something happening to his daughters...........

Not sure what else she expected to happen from this marriage.
Old 2011-02-21, 22:25   Link #299
scrumly1

That is super sweet, mostly cause it's nice to revisit old favorite characters like that
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 22:29   Link #300
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

i must find this

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, vampire