AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 02:13   Link #1081
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
OH MY GOD, episode 19 was like the animators took a perfectly decent episode and then smeared poop all over it. They didn't manage to ruin the episode completely (the second half didn't look TOO bad), but the horrid animation kept on distracting me from what was an otherwise good story.
The ending of the episode gives us hope that Satou will be able to overcome his hikki ways. And it seems like he's starting to get a clue that Misaki actually likes him.
And the scene where Misaki spills hot soup on Satou, while cliche, was hilarious.
Old 2006-11-21, 05:14   Link #1082
Zerokule

Welcome to the NHK!

Well since my searches failed to come up with any threads that were just about NHK, I thought I'd start one. For starters I am only at episode 6, but WOW, so far this has been a GREAT series, creative along the lines of Suzumiha. I love the intro, great music, the ending theme is neurotic and wickedly cool. Anyone else keep up with this one? I'd like to hear other's views on this series.
Old 2006-11-21, 05:19   Link #1083
EragonJeriel
heh

I didnt watch it, read(synopsis) it over at ann, it looked like a weird anime....
btw the topic is right above this one lol.. ( at this point of time)

Last edited by EragonJeriel; 2006-11-21 at 10:23.
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 06:34   Link #1084
Dirty-jin
The dirty one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokule View Post
Well since my searches failed to come up with any threads that were just about NHK, I thought I'd start one. For starters I am only at episode 6, but WOW, so far this has been a GREAT series, creative along the lines of Suzumiha. I love the intro, great music, the ending theme is neurotic and wickedly cool. Anyone else keep up with this one? I'd like to hear other's views on this series.
Ummm.....If you haven't noticed, there already is a thread on NHK just a couple of threads below this one .....here is the link http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=30563&page=55
Old 2006-11-21, 06:47   Link #1085
tritoch

Misaki + poor drawn = >,> NOOOOOOOO!

Oh well, I always skim the episodes anyways.. hehe but yeah, I was listening to Shangri-La when I did watch 19. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 13:26   Link #1086
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 19 was so refreshing to watch. I enjoyed watching the Prez's brother pick him self from the the pit of hell that was in. It gave us a good look at how a person can do it if they really want to. Not everyone is that strong but it was nice to see something good happen for a change.

I thought her brother was in worse shape than Satou but after what happen Satou maybe the worse of the 2 i mean he still doesnt have job and he still has an excuse for everything for sheer lack of motivation and effort
Old 2006-11-21, 13:34   Link #1087
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It gave us a good look at how a person can do it if they really want to.
He didn't want to - he was forced into it without any food at all. Its true that someone would have just stayed in there without any food at all.
Old 2006-11-21, 14:55   Link #1088
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well he said so himself that he did want to change but was afraid to...i guess starving him was the only way to give him the courage to do something about his situation...likewise he could have just stayed there and starved to death...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 18:27   Link #1089
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yep, thats what i pretty much already said. :3
Old 2006-11-21, 22:55   Link #1090
Apostle_Kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He didn't want to - he was forced into it without any food at all. Its true that someone would have just stayed in there without any food at all.
And I think his sister should really take her time in finding a new job. Even if it's only a fraction of the time when the brother was a hikki, he should get a taste of his own medicine..
Apostle_Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 06:10   Link #1091
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, this has to the first episode in NHK where it doesn't make me feel all gloom and doom. This episode was great because I'm glad something good happened to the lincho's older brother and it was also nice where Yamazaki barged in and saw the whole "nice situation" with Satou and Misaki. Ha!
Old 2006-11-22, 06:59   Link #1092
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle_Kyon View Post
And I think his sister should really take her time in finding a new job.
I think you have to actually be apart of that world to notice just how hard it is. At the moment i'm in the unemployed part of my life.. and its not easy at all finding a good job. Hopefully i won't end up like Koyabashi. ^^;

Edit: The second soundtrack is out. It focuses more on the instrumental BGM's played through out the series - seriously a classic musical score.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-11-22 at 08:12.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 09:46   Link #1093
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

Bluebird=bluebird of happiness. I wonder how they would work out a happy ending?

My life is just too close to Satou's but being real life there aren't any happy ever afters! Or cute girls making maguro meals...*sigh*
Old 2006-11-22, 10:02   Link #1094
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wouldn't want to bank on a happy ending just yet, as Takimoto is known to write tragic endings to his different Satous. Here's hoping, though. Please, make this series shine, GONZO.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 10:03   Link #1095
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 19
Hee hee hee. *insert a wide smile* I liked how everything seemed to have a good resolution, now my hopes of a happy ending greatly increased. I agree with the rest, that cliche scene of wiping hot soup was awesome (except for the bad animation).

Yeah Shiroth, it's nice that episode 20 is about winter and we're now in this season. I'm looking forward to it since it looks like it'll have more about Misaki.

*cheers for maboroshi* Goodluck~ Whatever you do, do not go with your senpai to an unknown island!
Old 2006-11-22, 10:12   Link #1096
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

When this series is all over, I must have a re-watch, even if the ending was bad. Certain episodes like ep5, ep13, and this one just deserve that.
Old 2006-11-22, 10:15   Link #1097
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
When this series is all over, I must have a re-watch, even if the ending was bad. Certain episodes like ep5, ep13, and this one just deserve that.
Why wait until its ended? I sure know that hasn't stopped me.. i've been re-watching episodes back and forth. Episode 05 the most. :3
Old 2006-11-23, 16:48   Link #1098
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 20...
why did yamazaki do what he did?
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 18:35   Link #1099
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That can be explained in two words: sour grapes.

Yamazaki could never have had her, even if she confessed to him. First, although he obviously liked the girl, he'd have to go away, and that wouldn't make a decent relationship. Second, he never expected her to say yes, because he wanted to scare her, so he was astounded at her reaction - he didn't prepare any wise retorts or ripostes.

Sad as though this may be, let us simply hope that the next triumvirate of episodes give us a hint of happiness in their god-forsaken lives.
Old 2006-11-23, 18:42   Link #1100
tritoch

ha ha ha ha ha..

Did they went with how the manga did it? Poor Yamazaki oh wait, poor Nanako, she confessed with the dude but the dude leaves her anyways.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological