AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-04-02, 02:31   Link #1
Candy72

New Headphone help

I was looking for some headsets with a microphone. The big problem I came across is how many I happened to find. So I was hoping that maybe if I tell you guys what I'm looking for maybe someone who knows more about that can narrow it down.

I play wow and I wanted to use vent more. I'm looking for some comforable headphones(the big ones) with some decent sound. I'm not one of those people that need that perfect sound. I was planning to spend around 20-50 on these headphones. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use? Or even what I should be looking for in picking out some decent headphones.
Candy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 16:49   Link #2
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

My sister is really into WoW, and she swears by the Sennheiser PC150 headset. That's what all of her "guildies" use.
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 16:59   Link #3
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Sennheisers are the bomb. Definitely worth the money.

I have the PC155 I believe...
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 17:28   Link #4
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

PC150s sound great, but fit horrible since it's a closed headphone. If you sweat a bit it gets really uncomfortable...

For budget end audiophiles, sennheiser PX100 are some of the best headphones out there. Excellent sound, great fit, and it's collapsable for easy storage and travel.

Amazon Link
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 19:02   Link #5
Ending

Sennheisers are said to be good and I do have ones. When I was still buying them, the recommendations favored HD 590, but truth to tell; the improvement over my old 40 € Sony wasn't that remarkable when considering the price (~200€). In fact, they have a slightly worse bass even though the sounds are more vibrant.

So in headphones the price does not necessarily mean quality (Sennheisers are overpriced, IMO). Take a look at your local superstore and test them if possible. If not, one of those big, clumsy Sony headphones are a pretty good choise quality-wise. As long as you remember to watch out for those plastic parts -they tend to break easily.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 19:51   Link #6
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
PC150s sound great, but fit horrible since it's a closed headphone. If you sweat a bit it gets really uncomfortable...

For budget end audiophiles, sennheiser PX100 are some of the best headphones out there. Excellent sound, great fit, and it's collapsable for easy storage and travel.

Amazon Link
The PX100 is only a headphone. There is no microphone, which is what the original poster wanted. I have a PC150; it was my first headset and I feel that it works well. However, the ears can get uncomfortable and painful if you wear it for a long time. If I remember correctly that was one of the complaints in reviews for the headset that I read before I bought it. For short-term use or if your ear is small and fits the earpiece nicely, then it's no problem. For about $30-40, I would still go for it though.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote