AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 11:01   Link #521
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Id be happy if it got mainstream enough to be licensed over here...Probably doubtful I guess, but maybe if tokyopops upcoming releases are successful it'll grease the wheel...
I'd be happy about TP's release if they didn't do what they did to the cover...
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 13:49   Link #522
Tabris

What did they do? They better not have slapped Tokyopop all over it like they have done with their other releases. It just looks nasty.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 14:52   Link #523
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well ive only seen the art for Aquas cover thusfar...I think they picked a nice piece of art for it personally. The font they used for aqua isnt exactly what id pick but thats just being nit picky...

If you know something else about the future volumes please feel free to share fict.

*waits patiently for the OVA s***

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 15:33   Link #524
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
What did they do? They better not have slapped Tokyopop all over it like they have done with their other releases. It just looks nasty.
I was curious too, so I turned to my dear friend Google () and found this blog post about it. That logo does look pretty ugly, I have to admit, but it at least looks like they're using the same illustration. It clearly says "Art not Final", though.

All that being said, it's somewhat off-topic for the thread. I guess we could go to the Aria manga thread instead.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 04:17   Link #525
aikming

Just received my Goodsmile Alicia figure.

Old 2008-03-16, 11:49   Link #526
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Aria...

I'm afraid I've contracted diabetes from watching ARIA the Animation and now The Natural. This series is not one that lends itself to watching multiple episodes in a row. I found it extremely difficult to do so until around half way through The Natural when things seem to kick into high gear resulting in some interesting scenarios. Or perhaps nothing has changed but instead I'm now inexplicably drawn to the mystical wonder that is ARIA.

I realize no one uses this thread anymore, but I figured it was an appropriate place since it reflects my current progression through the series. Eventually I'll be through to Origins so I'll post my thoughts in depth there.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:21   Link #527
Falkor

@mikesince83

You are not the only one who had troubles trying to watch as many episodes as possible. Itís no easy task when The Natural was at times very slow. As I said before, this is one of the few shows you have to watch with many breaks in-between. Once you are done with The Natural, I think you will enjoy Arietta and Origination a lot more, especially the latter since many things actually happen.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 15:10   Link #528
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Rightstuf / Nozomi Entertainment have announced the license for all of Aria, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ and Aria the Origination.

Aria was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Aria fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Aria.
  • Asking for playback help for Aria episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:50   Link #529
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oye, my aching wallet....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 10:44   Link #530
Dop
We can't stop here...

RightStuf/Nozomi have just announced the release of a boxed set of the first half of the series on January 27 2009, with the second half to be announced later.
(source: ANN and RightStuf's ARIA site)

Excellent news! I've placed my order already.

I do wonder why it's being released in two parts, though.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 10:52   Link #531
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Well, The Natural is twice longer than The Animation, makes sense if you don't want the boxsets to be more expensive.

And you'll get twice the extras and gimmicks :P

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 16:23   Link #532
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'll be ordering this as soon as I have the money. That'll probably be the end of the month.
Old 2009-01-25, 16:05   Link #533
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Hate to double post, but I got my Aria the Natural Box set 1 yesterday. Came with a foam rubber Aria-Saicho as the pre-order bonus. I haven't opened it yet, but it's got 5 dvds, 4 with the episodes and an extra bonus disk. There's also another guide book.

Now I just need the money for the second Natural set and the Origination. Just hope I can get the money in time to quailify for the next pre-order bonus.
Old 2009-01-25, 17:15   Link #534
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Hate to double post, but I got my Aria the Natural Box set 1 yesterday. Came with a foam rubber Aria-Saicho as the pre-order bonus. I haven't opened it yet, but it's got 5 dvds, 4 with the episodes and an extra bonus disk. There's also another guide book.
Cool! I should be getting mine this week or so, if I'm not mistaken. The pre-order bonuses that RightStuf offers are great; they're the one thing that gives me the motivation to order things in a timely manner! I'm assuming that the features on the Bonus disc were all pulled from the various R2 DVDs; always good to see those brought over as well. I still don't regret having purchased the R2s, but the R1s certainly provide a good value to pretty much anyone who enjoyed the show at all. I hope everyone picks it up!
Old 2009-01-25, 17:15   Link #535
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I wonder, what's on the extra disk?
Old 2009-01-25, 17:17   Link #536
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I wonder, what's on the extra disk?
I'm assuming it's probably a lot of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightStuf Product Page
DVD Features: Promotional Video, Interview with Director Junichi Sato, Interview with Yui Makino, Aria and the World of Sound, Cast Reflections on Aria The Animation, Clean Ending 1, Trailers...
Looks like a good set of bonus features!
Old 2009-01-25, 18:14   Link #537
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Oh yeah, I forgot that was this week. Not enough Aria on the brain.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:48   Link #538
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Finally opened it. The guide book has episode summeries with some concept sketches and screen shots. There's also a trivia section at the end. The sketches are small of course, but there are some really nice ones in there. The episode 13 entry has a nice sequence sketch of Alice hopping from shadow to shadow.

Didn't have time to check out the extra's disk yet, but I'll post about them when I do.
Old 2009-01-27, 07:17   Link #539
KrebMarkt
Never do well

As usual i received the Right stuf bill first.
5 more days to go before getting my precious box.
Time to save money for the next box in March.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 15:20   Link #540
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, I got my boxset today. Packaging is pretty good quality and I'm surprised we got a book again this time around. Bonus disc is great, and I'm assuming we'll be getting another bonus disc for that last boxset. Unless they pull something completely unexpected and package Arietta along with part 2 of The Natural.

Oh yeah, after playing hacky sack with Aria-sanchou, I decided to give it to my younger brother. I let him watch the Animation so he's become a bit of an Aria fan himself - his favorites seem to be Alice and Alicia. He also agrees with me that the cat is disgusting.

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life