AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 04:01   Link #181
Kallen4life

the 'polar opposite' of the gravity of darkness would be light (probably), i.e. Kizaru, but this is subverted in OP - BB just pulls in anything and shuts down any fruit .. no specific allignment versus another fruit (so far)

Ace didn't make a sun - he made a really big fireball .. Sun is something like billions+ of thermonuclear reactions happenning every instant (or something like that)

and yeah, Marco outright stated that Teach is somehow different from other people - most likely that, him being a D, his incredible toughness (though that can be just being a tough bastard .. look at WB) and the ability to hold two (or more) DF's (I wonder if it's jsut him or the power of Yami Yami no Mi as we ll .. maybe a combination) is all connected
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 16:37   Link #182
miggy031689

i hate BB lol XD cause i read the manga...he doesnt seem too strong guys with no devil fruits would beat the crap outta him or guys with paramecia or zoan could.. his devil fruit basically is just like instant haki
miggy031689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:10   Link #183
Gaara7171

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggy031689 View Post
i hate BB lol XD cause i read the manga...he doesnt seem too strong guys with no devil fruits would beat the crap outta him or guys with paramecia or zoan could.. his devil fruit basically is just like instant haki
Wrong because haki can't absorb devil fruit or pull thing and objects to them. Plus haki only works on Lugia devil fruit while BB's work on all.. Let alone create a black hole to absorb everything. FYI Blackbeard has 2 devil fruits. Plus even when he didn't have a devil fruit he was on Whitebeard's ship, he was looked at as strong. Now if you don't have a devil fruit and make it onto the same guy's ship who tied in a fight with Roger your more then strong. Anyway he beat Ace so if you call Blackbeard then your calling Ace weaker. And could a weak guy kill Whitebeard...I think not.

Last edited by Gaara7171; 2010-09-24 at 16:11.
Gaara7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:52   Link #184
james0246

^Please do not use Whitebeard's death as any indicator of Blackbeard's strength. Whitebeard was 4/5th dead by the time Blackbeard even attempted to fight him, and he still ended up groveling before the might of Whitebeard, before eventually calling in his 10 or so crew members to all kill the mostly dead Whitebeard together.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:58   Link #185
Gaara7171

Like all anime there are parts that shows the power of teamwork, and Blackbeard killing Whitbeard was one of them. And secondly blackbeard takes more pain then a normal human and if the God had only 4/5th power his power still wouldn't excatly change much. So if the strongest pirate ever was only 4/5th alive he is still at least stronger then all his crew members and the other yonkou.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:02   Link #186
Kallen4life

marine zerg rush killed WB (after his illness and Squardo's stab took place) .. Akainu helped, BB's crew finished him off .. BB himself fired from a pistol (LOL) .. I think .. AFTER getting completely OWNED in 1-2 hits from WB

I have a lot of respect for BB, but his 'fight' (before the crew stepped in) with WB was absolutely and utterly pathetic - worse then Bellamy vs Luffy I think .. wielding Yami Yami no Mi and getting owned like that by a man, who should be long dead

still, Wb did die, that's -1 obstacle for Teach
Old 2010-09-14, 18:14   Link #187
Gaara7171

I know that Whitbeard was weak when Blackbeard killed him, but I gues I was being too critical in my previous post. But like I said he survived on Whitbeard's crew without a devil fruit.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:28   Link #188
Netevolution

Well in all honesty Whitebeared did use that giant harpoon or what ever it is to finish BB off...almost. But anyway since he always carried that weapon around i guess it can be considered fair.

You also have to remember, that BB took a full swing from luffy, and 2 critical attacks from whitebeared(1 with the harpoon and another giant quake straight in the face)and STILL lived! I would say, that he is not an ordinary human being. Hes potential is equal to that of roger, and Shanks scar is a clear reminder of that!
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 09:04   Link #189
Kallen4life

Quote:
a full swing from luffy
yeah riiight .. a punch from Luffy .. that's like LETHAL .. especially to a guy on WB's ship and someone who gave Shanks a scar

Quote:
and 2 critical attacks from whitebeared(1 with the harpoon and another giant quake straight in the face)
this counts .. BB is a tough bastard
Old 2010-09-15, 15:46   Link #190
Gaara7171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
this counts .. BB is a tough bastard
And I don't asume him defeating Ace or breaking into Imperal Down counts. And it isn't like giving Shanks a scar is anything big or anything. Plus if you have the power to control several level 6 criminals then you must be tough.

Last edited by Gaara7171; 2010-09-15 at 16:16.
Old 2010-09-15, 16:40   Link #191
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara7171 View Post
Yes he is. See what I mean when I say theres wore to Blackbeard then just his devil fruit powers.
Blackbeard has a really high tolerance for pain, especially considering the fact that he takes more damage than a normal human due to his darkness fruit.

I've read an interesting theory about the symbolism behind Blackbeard's fruits. It basically correlates to the three Greek Gods: Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. Hades is the ruler of the underworld and is the oldest amongst his brothers. Poseidon is the ruler of the seas and is the second oldest brother. Notice a correlation yet? Blackbeard first obtained the darkness (type - logia) fruit, and he described it as the most "evil" ability out of all DF's. Following Whitebeard's death, Blackbeard then stole the quake (type - paramecia) fruit which is capable of creating massive tsunamis. Having said all of this, the next logical step for Blackbeard would be to acquire a zoan fruit that would allow him claim to abilities akin to the god of sky and thunder (aka. Zeus).

What do you guys think of this theory? It's seems a little predictable by Oda standards, but it does make good sense with Blackbeard's fruits representing Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus.
Old 2010-09-15, 16:58   Link #192
Gaara7171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard has a really high tolerance for pain, especially considering the fact that he takes more damage than a normal human due to his darkness fruit.

I've read an interesting theory about the symbolism behind Blackbeard's fruits. It basically correlates to the three Greek Gods: Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. Hades is the ruler of the underworld and is the oldest amongst his brothers. Poseidon is the ruler of the seas and is the second oldest brother. Notice a correlation yet? Blackbeard first obtained the darkness (type - logia) fruit, and he described it as the most "evil" ability out of all DF's. Following Whitebeard's death, Blackbeard then stole the quake (type - paramecia) fruit which is capable of creating massive tsunamis. Having said all of this, the next logical step for Blackbeard would be to acquire a zoan fruit that would allow him claim to abilities akin to the god of sky and thunder (aka. Zeus).

What do you guys think of this theory? It's seems a little predictable by Oda standards, but it does make good sense with Blackbeard's fruits representing Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus.
I think you may be right, and if you are then Blackbeard will probaly meet up with Enel some how...if he gets off the moon first. And once thats done he'll probaly take his devil fruit.
Old 2010-09-15, 17:12   Link #193
Kallen4life

Quote:

good point

though I'm not sure how a zoan can represent Zeus

an ancient beast that generates lightning ?

I think he'll stick with 2 DF's .. he has his own DF + WB's fruit .. Edward Newgate + Marshall Teach = Edward Teach / Blackbeard
Old 2010-09-15, 18:57   Link #194
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:

Spoiler for EpicLegendaryUltimateAwakenedZoan:
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 16:13   Link #195
Gaara7171

Blackbeard for Pirate King!
Old 2010-12-09, 15:06   Link #196
beschleunigung

i donīt think that he will "gain" another DF ability simply because it wouldnīt make any sense to the rest of the storyline

for example the goro goro no mi from enel
imagine the picture
it would be more than impossible to stop him if the story remains true as it is

but it would be an interesting new story besides the current story
to see how he hunts every DF he wants

it should be very difficult to control a third DF or a second logia even for teach
beschleunigung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 15:48   Link #197
Kallen4life

one hand for Yami Yami, other for Gura Gura

enough for him

pull someone to him via gravity, grab it, shut down powers, follow with a quake to the face = win

any damage he takes = tank + deflect projectiles with the shockwaves or absorb via darkness (and then liberate)

actually I think a DF-less swordsman is his worst enemy atm .. nothing to negate (no DF) and very dangerous to pull up close
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-12-10, 14:23   Link #198
grey_1960
Baby 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
one hand for Yami Yami, other for Gura Gura

enough for him

pull someone to him via gravity, grab it, shut down powers, follow with a quake to the face = win

any damage he takes = tank + deflect projectiles with the shockwaves or absorb via darkness (and then liberate)

actually I think a DF-less swordsman is his worst enemy atm .. nothing to negate (no DF) and very dangerous to pull up close
Easier said then done
Black beard got one problem with having multiple powers. That is maintaining focus and fighting at the same time. White beard proved that. If Black Beard can't even maintain his logia while battling White Beard what make you think he will be able to maintain two or three in a battle that easily. He is going to need a lot of training to wield two at the same time and fight. White Beard was able to use his devil fruit on black beard. Another example is why didn't he take your advice and do it to Sengoku after the white beards death? He had both devil fruits. Sengoku look like he was doing the ass kicking.

Draw Back?
Plus we don't even know if there is a draw back to that much power. If you have multiple devil fruits do you suffer the weakness with double the effects? I a firm believer that nothing is free. There has to be a catch to wielding more then one devil fruit. I know this is all speculation but name one character in one piece that Oda has made who was completely invincible? Even Gold D. Rogers had a weakness.

Conclusion
Having two devil fruits is a powerful thing, it will raise is bounty and threat level make him more formadible but it seems to me he already been given Yonkou like title by some people on this forum which i don't think he is even close to from what we seen so far of black beard.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2010-12-10 at 14:47.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 15:18   Link #199
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Easier said then done
Black beard got one problem with having multiple powers. That is maintaining focus and fighting at the same time. White beard proved that. If Black Beard can't even maintain his logia while battling White Beard what make you think he will be able to maintain two or three in a battle that easily. He is going to need a lot of training to wield two at the same time and fight. White Beard was able to use his devil fruit on black beard. Another example is why didn't he take your advice and do it to Sengoku after the white beards death? He had both devil fruits. Sengoku look like he was doing the ass kicking.
Blackbeard has to grab hold of his opponents in order to neutralize their powers. When Whitebeard quaked Blackbeard on the floor, you'll notice that the latter wasn't grabbing on to the former.

There is no issue with him maintaining focus and fighting at the same time. He was simply writhing in pain from Whitebeard's assault.

Most of the Blackbeard vs. Sengoku/Garp was off-screen, but we do see that at the end of the war Sengoku is all bandaged up.

Quote:
Draw Back?
Plus we don't even know if there is a draw back to that much power. If you have multiple devil fruits do you suffer the weakness with double the effects? I a firm believer that nothing is free. There has to be a catch to wielding more then one devil fruit. I know this is all speculation but name one character in one piece that Oda has made who was completely invincible? Even Gold D. Rogers had a weakness.
Apparently it's his abnormal body that is somehow connected to him wielding more than one DF power. The use of more than one DF is exclusive to Blackbeard, and there didn't appear to be any draw backs whatsoever. Blackbeard has become quite godly. He's confident that the new era will be his, and he's opposing anyone who dares to stand in his way.

Quote:
Conclusion
Having two devil fruits is a powerful thing, it will raise is bounty and threat level make him more formadible but it seems to me he already been given Yonkou like title by some people on this forum which i don't think he is even close to from what we seen so far of black beard.
The Gorosei said that only the remaining emperors and possibly the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates can now stop Blackbeard. That means he's a HUGE threat, and certainly a worthy candidate for Yonkou status. Keep in mind that this was BEFORE the time skip.
Old 2010-12-10, 16:09   Link #200
Kallen4life

Quote:
Easier said then done

Draw Back?

Conclusion
I just described a possible battle plan for him, no need to get snappy

and he obviously not invincible because his logia makes him take more damage

it's obvious that he is at the very least close to a Yonkou atm (post time skip where he had 2 years to master the DFs), if not one already .. and, frankly, who else is there to claim the 4-th spot ? Marco ? I like him, but NO
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold