AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-09-01, 00:45   Link #121
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is a hard question, specifically since we have no real idea of either crew’s real strength. We can't just judge everything off of Ace, since it is possible that he was the strongest of the Whitebeard subordinates, nor can we use the Blackbeard/Ace fight (and Ace nearly destroying half of Blackbeard's crew) as a means of qualifying Blackbeard's crew's strength.

In the end, I expect if we ever see a fight with Blackbeard's crew it will be similar to a fight that the Strawhats would go through. Specifically, the Blackbeard crew will struggle, but eventually prevail, but a great deal of emphasis will be placed on the crew needing to level up if they wish to fight future battles. (In a previous conversation, I brought up the notion that Blackbeard and Luffy will go through similar trials and tribulations in their quest for One Piece and the title of Pirate King, so I imagine that both will struggle in their upcoming fights (then again, Luffy is already struggling in his current fights) and learn from their mistakes.)
Nice post. This does make really good sense when I think about it. I remember we had discussed this before and you brought up the point that unlike a lot of other villains in the one piece story, Blackbeard's strength is actually increasing rather than remaining fixed. Since Blackbeard and his crew are like the yang (evil/darkness) to the Strawhats yin (good/light), it would mean that they too would persevere through any future obstacles in their own way. Furthermore, since it has been foreshadowed that the Blackbeard pirates will battle the strawhats near the end of the story, this strength progression makes this encounter all the more plausible, feasible, and logical. With that being said, I see the Blackbeard pirates emerging victorious after a long and hard fought battle against the Whitebeard pirates. Their fates and destines are congruent with those of the strawhats after all.
Old 2008-09-09, 06:26   Link #122
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
With that being said, I see the Blackbeard pirates emerging victorious after a long and hard fought battle against the Whitebeard pirates. Their fates and destines are congruent with those of the strawhats after all.
don't forget that Whitebeard really hate Blackbeard. maybe whitebeard wants to take down Blackbeard personally because he killed his commander of 4th div and kicked the ass of the 2nd. it's possible that Blackbeard will get it while fighting a berserk going Whitebeard.
sjaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 07:37   Link #123
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaako View Post
don't forget that Whitebeard really hate Blackbeard. maybe whitebeard wants to take down Blackbeard personally because he killed his commander of 4th div and kicked the ass of the 2nd. it's possible that Blackbeard will get it while fighting a berserk going Whitebeard.
I dont really think that Whitebeard is aware that Blackbeard is a shichibukai now.Ok BB beat his commander but WB is still dont know a thing about his plans.I think Whitebeard and his crew will give a real hard time against shichibukai - marines.In the end Blackbeard will personally confront Whitebeard and with anger controlling WB, he will lose all cold blood fighting,planning and lose to Blackbeard.That maybe one of his plans.If he achieves the world strongest title from whitebeard in front of many pirates and marine officers, then he will have nothing more to afraid on his way to Raftel..Being under protection of Marines and World Goverment plus the fearsome reputation,with the darkness and non-df powers that allowed him to slash a yonkou at his face...No sane pirate will trouble him, including the yonkou.
Old 2008-09-09, 13:55   Link #124
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I dont really think that Whitebeard is aware that Blackbeard is a shichibukai now.Ok BB beat his commander but WB is still dont know a thing about his plans.I think Whitebeard and his crew will give a real hard time against shichibukai - marines.In the end Blackbeard will personally confront Whitebeard and with anger controlling WB, he will lose all cold blood fighting,planning and lose to Blackbeard.That maybe one of his plans.If he achieves the world strongest title from whitebeard in front of many pirates and marine officers, then he will have nothing more to afraid on his way to Raftel..Being under protection of Marines and World Goverment plus the fearsome reputation,with the darkness and non-df powers that allowed him to slash a yonkou at his face...No sane pirate will trouble him, including the yonkou.
Whitebeard always knows what's going on. don't underestimate a yonkou. i think both sides, whitebeard vs shichibukai and marines, will have a hard time fighting each other. its possible that blackbeard beats whitebeard but it wont be easy. still whitebeard has a huge crew and it is most likely that his commanders are tough ones. blackbeard didnt have a easy time kicking ace while darkness is stronger than fire. well dont really know what to think about the protection of marines cause sengoku and aokiji see the shichibukai as pirates. blackbeard already has a fearsome reputation but its true if he beats Whitebeard his reputation will become more fearsome. but a reputation will not impress a badass. not to forget shanks he is taking blackbeard serious.
looking forward to the upcoming war. Viva Blackbeard
Old 2008-09-09, 15:35   Link #125
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Hmm, does anyone else thing that Blackbeard might be after Whitebeard's title?

If you think of it like a rank system: first he was a pirate, then a pirate captain, now he's shichibukai, and he aspires to be Pirate King. So, between where he is now and where he wants to be, "Yonkou" would be a nice stepping-stone. It's clear he won't stay as a shichibukai, becoming Pirate King kinda goes against your duties there.

One thing I can't work out with this idea is why. Maybe he's taking the whole "Pirate King" = "Man with everything" proposition a little too seriously and wants to hold every title he can?

Or maybe he's just into his reputation...
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 15:50   Link #126
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Hmm, does anyone else thing that Blackbeard might be after Whitebeard's title?

If you think of it like a rank system: first he was a pirate, then a pirate captain, now he's shichibukai, and he aspires to be Pirate King. So, between where he is now and where he wants to be, "Yonkou" would be a nice stepping-stone. It's clear he won't stay as a shichibukai, becoming Pirate King kinda goes against your duties there.

One thing I can't work out with this idea is why. Maybe he's taking the whole "Pirate King" = "Man with everything" proposition a little too seriously and wants to hold every title he can?

Or maybe he's just into his reputation...
I have speculated about this for quite some time now and yes I do feel that Blackbeard is going to steal Whitebeard's title of Strongest Man in the World. Shanks has already foreshadowed this when he said that one day Blackbeard would eventually come to take Whitebeard's position. On Page 5 (Post #92) of this thread, I gave my reasons on why Blackbeard would eventually take Whitebeard's (or another emperor's) place as the next emperor. As you said, his shichibukai status is only temporary, however it is not for the reason of aspiring to become pirate king but rather since it is clearly obvious that he is only using the world government for his own personal gains. He is the one man who is going to cause a big disturbance in the balance of power within the one piece world, as was hinted at by Kuma in his discussion with Moria at Thriller Bark. You are hearing it from me right now; Blackbeard is going to be the next emperor.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2008-09-09 at 16:13.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 18:16   Link #127
sjaako

nice theory blackbeard d kuma. i also think that blackbeard wants whitebeards title: strongest man in the world. i also think blackbeard wants to be a yonkou and the title of pirate king. just came up with something: if whitebeard gets his ass kicked who will take place of yonkou or wont their be a replacement or will someone claim it with strength? dont think blackbeard will take that position so soon.

one piece is awesome, cant predict it at all
Old 2008-09-09, 19:54   Link #128
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
nice theory blackbeard d kuma. i also think that blackbeard wants whitebeards title: strongest man in the world. i also think blackbeard wants to be a yonkou and the title of pirate king. just came up with something: if whitebeard gets his ass kicked who will take place of yonkou or wont their be a replacement or will someone claim it with strength? dont think blackbeard will take that position so soon.
Thanks for the compliment sjaako . The way the Yonkou system works is very different from that of the marines and the shichibukai. First off, being an emperor is not a title that these 4 men establish for themselves. It is the world government/marines that classifies these 4 men as emperors due to the fact that they are currently the 4 strongest pirates and because of their power and influence they have in the New World. The live their lifestyles as if an emperor would (unlimited freedom and power), and so Garp says that the marines call them the four emperors for that reason.

Furthermore, the four emperors are not an actual group; they are all independent and they work alone. Moreover, all four emperors are enemies to each other and this is evident by the fact that Shanks used his "Haki" when he boarded Whitebeard's ship. So, if an emperor was to fall in battle and get captured by the marines, the other emperors wouldn't do anything about it because they could care less what happens to their fellow enemies. If there was to a replacement, it wouldn't be by the choice of the emperors, but rather, it would be by the choice of the marines depending on who the next strongest pirate is in the New World after the current four emperors. It is all about who the marines see as a great potential threat when classifying that pirate as an emperor.

Regarding Blackbeard not taking Whitebeard's title so soon, I agree with you. It will probably be a long while until he defects from the shichibukai and the world government finds out his true intentions. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing the trouble he is going to cause along the way.
Old 2008-09-10, 14:53   Link #129
sjaako

your right blackbeard d kuma with the yonkou thing! the government classifies someone as a yonkou based on influence in the new world

also true that yonkou see each other as enemy's because when shanks went to whitebeard for a conversation shanks called whitebeard an enemy.

but how was it with the world balance? wasnt the yonkou equal to shichibukai and those equal with marines ? is that a single yonkou or those togeter ? concidering that yonkou are enemys, wouldnt shichibukai and marines as a 'team up' capable of taking down a yonkou not to hard ?
ofcourse the shichibukai arent in complete control so maybe they wont team up or a few of them wont but i think shichibukai are interested in taking down whiteboy

hope blackbeard will show some awesome skills and go on a rampage
Old 2008-09-10, 15:16   Link #130
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
but how was it with the world balance? wasnt the yonkou equal to shichibukai and those equal with marines ? is that a single yonkou or those togeter ? concidering that yonkou are enemys, wouldnt shichibukai and marines as a 'team up' capable of taking down a yonkou not to hard ?
ofcourse the shichibukai arent in complete control so maybe they wont team up or a few of them wont but i think shichibukai are interested in taking down whiteboy

hope blackbeard will show some awesome skills and go on a rampage
Yes, you are correct. The marines, shichibukai, and yonkou, are all equal in power. However, I don't think that this balance has to do with fighting strength, but rather I think that it is more about political influence in the world. Each of these factions has ideologies that govern how the world functions, and it is these governing ideologies that keep the world of One Piece coherent and stable. In terms of physical fighting power, however, it takes the marines and the shichibukai to counterbalance the four emperors. Basically, the power of all four emperors combined is enough to equal the marines and shichibukai together.

Also, I am glad to know that you are a Blackbeard fan. Don't worry, Blackbeard and his crew are going to cause some major damage in due time.
Old 2008-09-13, 09:08   Link #131
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, I am glad to know that you are a Blackbeard fan. Don't worry, Blackbeard and his crew are going to cause some major damage in due time.
dont know of the yonkou are into politics, i think it has to do with power.
yea blackbeard is awesome.

i think that blackbeard would have a harder time against someone who doesnt have the power of a fruit, like mihawk. the outcome will depent on strength and brains cause blackbeard's fruit isnt really damaging
Old 2008-09-13, 09:43   Link #132
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Blackbeard's power absorbs any and everything. If one has only power and himself to fight Blackbeard, Blackbeard would have an easier time. And if someone has a confounding Devil fruit like Kuma's and Law's, Blackbeard would then need better tactics rather than just absorbing attacks, it would actually be hard to fight ability users.

Its the exact opposite from what you think.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 10:18   Link #133
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

One thing I want to know about Blackbeard and his darkness, How did he manage to deal with darkness fruit and allow himself to touch drain other devil fruit users? As far as I seen nobody ever did that before.I think that Darkness devil fruit can be alive (just like dark matter acting like a living being, closing Blackbeards wounds instantly by devouring flames) and that can be the reason why Teach insisting that it is one hell of a devil fruit.If nobody knows how to "decide" the powers of a devil fruit but Blackbeard does (clearly he is not a vegapunk about devil fruits since he decided darkness devil fruit from a book) then I can say that Darkness can be a special devil fruit amongst the others...maybe the first devil fruit ever existed or the origin of others?
Old 2008-09-17, 13:34   Link #134
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
One thing I want to know about Blackbeard and his darkness, How did he manage to deal with darkness fruit and allow himself to touch drain other devil fruit users? As far as I seen nobody ever did that before.I think that Darkness devil fruit can be alive (just like dark matter acting like a living being, closing Blackbeards wounds instantly by devouring flames) and that can be the reason why Teach insisting that it is one hell of a devil fruit.If nobody knows how to "decide" the powers of a devil fruit but Blackbeard does (clearly he is not a vegapunk about devil fruits since he decided darkness devil fruit from a book) then I can say that Darkness can be a special devil fruit amongst the others...maybe the first devil fruit ever existed or the origin of others?
Or maybe it's the other way around...

Maybe the darkness fruit was something thought up as a counter to other devil fruit users. It's plausible; the only thing we know of a devil fruit's origins is that it lies somewhere deep in the Grand Line.

Maybe someone or something is actually making them, perhaps a guardian of the One Piece?
Old 2008-09-18, 02:45   Link #135
Slayerx

Quote:
One thing I want to know about Blackbeard and his darkness, How did he manage to deal with darkness fruit and allow himself to touch drain other devil fruit users?
That's just how it works... The power of Darkness is the power of gravity, the power of a blackhole, NOTHING can escape its pull, and that include the powers of the devil fruit... As Blackbeard says, the power of darkness allows him to pull in a devil fruit users REAL body...

This is the first time Oda has stretched the definitions of what a power is capable of... look at Kuma... his power it the ability to deflect/push anything, and this apparently includes pushing out something as intangible as pain and fatigue.

Or look at Moria's shadow powers... i've seen a lot of things down with shadows before, but nothing like what Moria was pulling out.

We might as well go ahead and ask how Brooke can be alive in a body such as his... or how it can even move if we really want to stretch out the logic... This is just how these devil fruits work
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 03:35   Link #136
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes devil fruit provides a property. And that property will defy logic and do something very literally, thus not unbelivable.

When Oda says the ability affects anything, it really means anything.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:16   Link #137
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Wow, I've finally gotten about to the Shabondy Archipelago arc and I finally have a justification for why BlackBeard became a Shichibukai.

Okay, the Starfish and Camie said there are two ways to the New World, the easiest one being to ask permission from the World Government. Normally, this would be impossible for a pirate, but for a Shichibukai...

Now that's tactical.
Imagine if, just for a second, Whitebeard's attack to free Ace somehow succeeded and the crew returned to the Grand Line. Well, surely the WG would have to take some form of action to bring them to justice for such an atrocity; let's say something like sending the Shichibukai over to intercept Whitebeard.

I'm suddenly ready to pay very close attention to Blackbeard's movements.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-10-06 at 14:18. Reason: Naming Issues
Old 2008-10-06, 17:15   Link #138
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Wow, I've finally gotten about to the Shabondy Archipelago arc and I finally have a justification for why BlackBeard became a Shichibukai.

Okay, the Starfish and Camie said there are two ways to the New World, the easiest one being to ask permission from the World Government. Normally, this would be impossible for a pirate, but for a Shichibukai...

Now that's tactical.
Imagine if, just for a second, Whitebeard's attack to free Ace somehow succeeded and the crew returned to the Grand Line. Well, surely the WG would have to take some form of action to bring them to justice for such an atrocity; let's say something like sending the Shichibukai over to intercept Whitebeard.

I'm suddenly ready to pay very close attention to Blackbeard's movements.
Gaining easy access into the New World was just one of the benefits in Blackbeard becoming a warlord. The main reason why he aspired to obtain the said title is because he would have the protection of the World Government should anyone try to stop or go after him.
Old 2008-10-14, 09:46   Link #139
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

At some point, we're all aware that Blackbeard will eventually dismiss himself from the rank of Shichibukai.
So, what happens then? How does the World Government deal with not only the loss, but the betrayal of yet another warlord coupled with recent events spiraling around them and things soon to come(the outcome of Whitebeard's attack on Impel Down).

Will Blackbeard become yet another driving force, intentionally or not, towards the fall of the WG?
Old 2008-10-14, 09:48   Link #140
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
When Oda says the ability affects anything, it really means anything.
Oh dear...
So, Kuma was able to push out even intangible things with his ability like pain.
Comparatively, would Blackbeard be able to suck them up?