AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-03-23, 13:58   Link #21
7thMethuselah

in belgium : Tokyopop is 11.5 euro, Viz is an insane 15-20 euro, manga released in french by companies like Pika//GlÚnat//... are about 6-7 euro (for information 1 euro is about 1.2 USD), so I always buy tokyopop (because i prefer english over french) and everything else in french because 15-20 euro's for one manga is way too much

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 14:00   Link #22
7thMethuselah

In Belgium:

Tokyopop = 10-12 euro
Viz = 15- 20 euro
other english manga : 10-20 depends on the manga/company

French manga (from Pike, GlÚnat, ...) are all about 5-7 euro ...

So apart from tokypop I rarely buy any english manga because they are too expensive (which suxx because I really hate french language)

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 14:46   Link #23
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Viz: $10-15
Tokyopop: $10 (one exception: Shirahime-syo is hardcover and costs $20)
Dark Horse: NEVER less than $13...and only recently have they been keeping the original formats
Shonen Jump/Viz: $8
ADV: $10 (i like stuff from ADV best, they have a couple color pages, translator notes, and they don't erase the original sound effects...plus they have many good licenses)

other companies also sell for around $10, it's pretty much become standard for graphic novels.
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 01:52   Link #24
chrono21791

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Oh, okay I can agree with that. I didn't know the English language version of such an old manga can cost that much... That explain a lot since neither do I want to pay USD$10.

Over here "AI ga Tomaranai" cost about 388 yen for the original version and 429 yen for the remastered version. Of course, if you go to Mandarake (a used manga store), you probably find the original version in the 100-200 yen section.

Question: Do all English language version of manga cost that much or is it just "AI Toma" only?
It is seriously that cheap...? Fuck it, I'm learning japanese and buying direct.
chrono21791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:16   Link #25
fukarming

Whether you like "AI love you" depend on what your taste is. It is certainly not deep and the romance is not memorable. But the girls are cute and it is quite funny (Akamatsu Ken's style funny). Though the funniness are more like "I read, I laugh, I forget" type of funny.

If you like Love Hina, there will be a good chance you will enjoy AI love you. If you despise Akamatsu Ken's work, then "AI love you" certainly won't change your opinion.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 10:45   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono21791 View Post
It is seriously that cheap...? Fuck it, I'm learning japanese and buying direct.
Where I'm from it is roughly $13.

If you've read Volume 8 you'll realize some plot elements of AI Love You are being used in the current Mahou Sensei Negima arc.

In fact in the Chachamaru chapter there was a shout out to Hitoshi and Yayoi , the Kobe siblings, working at MIT. Which the CD Only epilogue potrayed them moving with Cynthia McDougal at the US.

AI Love You, Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima and Itsudatte My Santa all exist in the same continuity.

The only one not referenced yet in Negima is Itsudatte My Santa.

It is theorized that Sara McDougal of Love Hina is a relative of Cindy.

As for Nitta sensei he went from terrorizing high school students to middle school students of Mahora Academy. Yes it is the same freaking guy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 02:15   Link #27
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

I tell you what the plot storyline is.
This Programmer one night was working on his artificial girl, Lightning storm hits and strikes the computer causing the program to come alive. Couple days later 2 more programs able to come out as human beings... sorta.
The three girls are able to enter electronics on will, sorta like megaman.
The programmer is a major perv and plays eroge games but he can't get to any H-scenes because he is a failure.

Like Love hina, first girl LOVES him but when it comes to ecchi she smacks the living hell out of him.

Ending is freaking confusing, I've bought all the volumes(eng) and I guess it was alright.. not the best but, Sorta for the perverted otakus genre.
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:24   Link #28
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I tell you what the plot storyline is.
This Programmer one night was working on his artificial girl, Lightning storm hits and strikes the computer causing the program to come alive. Couple days later 2 more programs able to come out as human beings... sorta.
The three girls are able to enter electronics on will, sorta like megaman.
The programmer is a major perv and plays eroge games but he can't get to any H-scenes because he is a failure.

Like Love hina, first girl LOVES him but when it comes to ecchi she smacks the living hell out of him.

Ending is freaking confusing, I've bought all the volumes(eng) and I guess it was alright.. not the best but, Sorta for the perverted otakus genre.
Almost.

You forgot Cindy, the 'Mutsumi' of ALY who Ken Akamatsu said was his preferred girl and probably was the reason why he ended it and started with Love Hina.

And yes, that ending where we find out that he has 3 SUPER COMPUTERS downstairs in his house that power each girl you know that KA decided to throw the whole thing away at that point.

If you want to watching something like this animated, go watch Buttobi CPU, but beware, it's a 'soft core' video..hahaha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance