AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you wish that Yuri really become main theme in next release?
Yes, I watch this series because of Yuri! 100 67.57%
No, they should keep straight relationship as main theme. 29 19.59%
Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi! 9 6.08%
They shouldn't add any homosexual element at all. 10 6.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-06, 12:12   Link #21
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Mai HIME had a lot of "oh isn't THIS awkward" fan service moments.

Mainly Mikoto groping Mai and jokes about Natsuki's panties.

Poor abused Natsuki.
Old 2006-04-06, 12:29   Link #22
Kalyia
~*... 雪心 ..

Send a message via AIM to Kalyia Send a message via MSN to Kalyia
I am seriously think... wait how old are you all who watch MO or MH....?

im a bit confuse this isnt bout S-E-X in the story

wait n.m.

heck just enjoy it~!

i would like a little action bout yet you all need to think japan has a limit in anime bout that subject... if they have S-E-X they cant air it... and if they cant air it... you cant sub it...

i duno even if they put some action in there... they would but they cant

it will be a special of DVD only or someone made a naughty one... hahaha

well for all of u who loves anime this story of cuz we want them to make out have fun

law is law cant break it~!
Old 2006-04-06, 15:34   Link #23
Kourin

For me, yuri would be a nice bonus to have. But all in all, plot and character comes first. If they're going to do a half ass job on the yuri, might as well not have it at all and concentrate on making the series good.
Old 2006-04-06, 17:05   Link #24
cry
Berry Bunny

i don't care if there's emotion in it.
Old 2006-04-06, 20:32   Link #25
Solitaire

In my opinion it would just ruin the series as not everyone wants to see yuri. Shizuru,Tomoe and Natsuki are amongst my favourite characters, but I really don't need to see it as a dominant theme. I can understand and laugh at the yuri aspects in Mai HiME and Otome, but there's such a thing as just crossing the line...I rather sunrise give a great story and not just throw in yuri everywhere to please the views of just one group of people >_>. I think a variety would be better...or even leave it out at all, but even I don't think the series would be the same xD.
Old 2006-04-06, 23:00   Link #26
pianocello

This series would have been much better with some hardcore explicit yuri.
Old 2006-04-07, 21:18   Link #27
mugener

Exclamation Prediction: Which type of romance will be main focus in Otome OVA?

Since Mod say that the thread I posted should go here :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction: Which type of romance will be main focus in Otome OVA?

Yuri.
Straight.
Yaoi.
NONE of romance will be main focus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is prediction, not what you prefer.

Let's hope Sunrise is not that stupid to piss us off AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I thought the OVA is suppose to focus on Garderobe's training and such? I don't think Romance will have anything to do with it.
Actually, there's no info about what this OVA will contain, they are still working on it.

Old 2006-04-07, 23:04   Link #28
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener

Prediction: Which type of romance will be main focus in Otome OVA?

Yuri.
Straight.
Yaoi.
NONE of romance will be main focus.
This is prediction, not what you prefer.

-since there's major fans who felt disappointed about the relationship of natxshiz in mai otome, they might take the cd drama in consideration to make it a comedy shoujo ai content or something. something like the pearl shizuru and coral natsuki.
-the run away mai story, the story might start from the reason behind why she wanted to enrol to guarderode,which literally the reason was that she wanted to ease the heavy burden that takumi is responsible ,and on the other hand she could protect him..
- am also predicting that they just gonna have a serious explantion of mashiro and the link between mashiro and fumi. since they have connected char in MH to MO and this time i haven see anything between mahiro and fumi.
Old 2006-04-07, 23:30   Link #29
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
-since there's major fans who felt disappointed about the relationship of natxshiz in mai otome, they might take the cd drama in consideration to make it a comedy shoujo ai content or something. something like the pearl shizuru and coral natsuki.
-the run away mai story, the story might start from the reason behind why she wanted to enrol to guarderode,which literally the reason was that she wanted to ease the heavy burden that takumi is responsible ,and on the other hand she could protect him..
- am also predicting that they just gonna have a serious explantion of mashiro and the link between mashiro and fumi. since they have connected char in MH to MO and this time i haven see anything between mahiro and fumi.
Consider that they said there will be new character in OVA, here is my prediction :

* That new character will be an girl. (pretty easy hun? )

* the timeline will be after Mai Otome.

And if Sunrise want to earn money from OVA, they'll have to do the following :

* No annoying male like Sirgay or Tate will appear in OVA.

* Yuri / shoujo ai.

Old 2006-04-08, 01:01   Link #30
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Bah, the essence of good perversion is an air of mystery along with toeing the line, but never crossing over.

I want more ShizNats jokes like the bathing suit. You don't know WHAT she was doing back there exactly, but it was de-lici-ous.

If you had Official Shizuru Natsuki hardcore lesbian sexxorz... it wouldn't be fun anymore.

I think the furthest that it could be pushed would be a kiss that lingers way too long. Like Shiz starts frenching Natsuki, Natsuki is shocked at first, gets into it, then it just KEEPS GOING (Family Guy style), and Natsuki's all like, "hiseuru... weh neeb ah geh goen. swop wissen meh... hiseru... HISERU". Then they break it off and Natsuki's gasping for breath while Shiz is giving her sublime Buddha smile.

Actually, scratch that... the furthest they could push it would be a cut to Shiz and Nats in bed, their hair in a state of dissaray, Natsuki panting while Shiz has her arms wrapped around Nats. Shiz makes a contented sigh and Natsuki says, "Whoo... whoo... I.... whooo.... wh.... whoo I need a break." Then Shiz says, "But we're just getting started," as she disappears under the covers. Cut back to the window outside their bedroom to hear Natsuki's protests, "Shizuru, no, stop, I need to catch my breath... Shizuru... noOOOOOOO" Annnnd Scene.

That would be both hilarious, awesome, and still leave room for other jokes about their intimacy. The humor of which, I might note, comes from the role reversal of Natsuki from assertive to passive and Shizuru vice versa. That is to say, the jokes could potentially work with any couple.
Old 2006-04-08, 01:08   Link #31
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I'd prefer it if the main character stayed hetero. Main characters never reach levels interest that side characters. I'd accept more yuri from side characters but not from main characters.
Old 2006-04-08, 06:50   Link #32
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Well.. there was yuri in both Hime and Otome. It wasn't the main theme which is just fine.. but of course I'd love to see that someday Since Sunrise lost it's ability to pull off char development and a real plot already (-hint-Otome-hint-), they could just stick to pure fanservice with yuri only.
Either I want plot. C'mon, Sunrise! If you don't give us yuri, at least give us PLOT!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener
Let's hope Sunrise is not that stupid to piss us off AGAIN.
Personally I think they could piss us another million times
Old 2006-04-08, 09:40   Link #33
Silveril
Chopper Disciple

who cares about yuri? who cares about yaoi? let's all have fun niahaha all age all types... yurrrk this is just an anime people
Old 2006-04-08, 11:28   Link #34
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Hmm...maybe not Yuri, just a hell of a lot of shoujo ai!
Old 2006-04-08, 13:35   Link #35
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
Hmm...maybe not Yuri, just a hell of a lot of shoujo ai!
It's the same, duh.
Old 2006-04-08, 22:51   Link #36
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Send a message via MSN to Naked Fish
Voting choices aren't very good. HiME and Otome were never exclusively het or yuri, so really I wouldn't expect a third series to be all yuri or yaoi or het. I would rather see the next Mai series (if it happens, seems to be going strong) get back to it's roots rather than branching out way too far like in Otome.

If there is shoujo-ai, righto. If there is het, righto. If there is yaoi, righto. I don't really care. Just give me a good story. The fanservice in Otome was one of the factors that had me bored, because I really don't care for it at all. Adding more in the next series would just make it worse.
Old 2007-04-01, 22:44   Link #37
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
It's the same, duh.

Wrong! Someone hasn't been doing their research. Yuri is a term meant specifically for explicit sex involved relationships, whereas shoujo ai is the lighter stuff. No sex involved in that at all, unless you're the person to lump both terms for one use together. There's a huge difference between the two in that regard.
Old 2007-04-01, 23:22   Link #38
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
Wrong! Someone hasn't been doing their research. Yuri is a term meant specifically for explicit sex involved relationships, whereas shoujo ai is the lighter stuff. No sex involved in that at all, unless you're the person to lump both terms for one use together. There's a huge difference between the two in that regard.

Which is weird because when I was in Japan last summer I noticed anime stores either using the term "Yuri" for all girl/girl related things or simply "Girls' Love"...yes in engrish. And this is for their tame innocent stuff as well.

If you ask for the 'shoujo-ai' section they just look at you funny LOL.  The term Shoujo-ai seems to be more adopted by gaijin rather than the nihongo natives.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2007-04-01 at 23:32.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:36   Link #39
UrielMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
There should be an option in the poll : "I don't give a damn... give me a good story."
Same Here.
What I want is a good plot and good characters.
Old 2007-04-03, 05:28   Link #40
Honey_and_Cleaver

I want Yuri and cool guys like in the Yaoi, but theyre not Yaoi. Please no harem two timing phedo idiot like sergay.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Closed Thread