AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-08-02, 00:05   Link #481
MuffinLord

Ouran High School Host Club

Anyone here watch Ouran high school host club. Its an anime about supremely rich high school students who bring fortune to girls for profit. It's incredibly hilarious and I recomend it to anyone. recently its been one of my favorite fansubs but I heard its going to liscensed soon.
MuffinLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 00:14   Link #482
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Please go to this subform instead:
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old 2006-08-03, 19:56   Link #483
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Hey everyone. Well I am a 15 year old boy and I watched the first episode and I think its interesting at the least. But I just wanted to ask you fans if later on the series starts doing gay (yaoi) things. Becuase thats what it looks like it is going to turn out so far and if it does Im just gonna drop the series. No offense to anyone but I am not into that kind of stuff nor do I want my parents and siblings to see me watchign it. My compute ris in the living room so yeah. So could someone tell me if this anime becomes like that or if it is watchable to boys because I dont want to download mor eepisodes only to be disappointed and/or weirded out later.
Old 2006-08-03, 20:36   Link #484
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge
Hey everyone. Well I am a 15 year old boy and I watched the first episode and I think its interesting at the least. But I just wanted to ask you fans if later on the series starts doing gay (yaoi) things. Becuase thats what it looks like it is going to turn out so far and if it does Im just gonna drop the series. No offense to anyone but I am not into that kind of stuff nor do I want my parents and siblings to see me watchign it. My compute ris in the living room so yeah. So could someone tell me if this anime becomes like that or if it is watchable to boys because I dont want to download mor eepisodes only to be disappointed and/or weirded out later.
There's not any actual shounen-ai/yaoi relationships in this anime. You won't see any guys kissing or anything. There are some shounen-ai "undertones", but it's really not the focus of the anime. The twins can get pretty touchy with each other at times, but it's mostly just them playing it up for fanservice for the girls. Like 80% (okay, so I'm exaggerating a bit) of the series is Tamaki going crazy over Haruhi, but keep in mind, that's Tamaki.

But what does it matter anyway? My 17-year-old brother watches is and enjoys it -- then again, he's an open-minded person for the most part. Anyway, lots of guys like the show despite the fact that Ouran is geared at a female audience.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 21:15   Link #485
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Alright cool. As long as it doesnt go too far. I guess I will continue watching it then.
Old 2006-08-05, 23:24   Link #486
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Hahaha I was cringing through the OP when I first watched it as well. XD But I had faith in my friend who said it was really good so I sat through it... and what do you know... >< I'm another one who's hooked. I have it playing over and over again in the background almost every day. (what the....)

Anyhow... I don't know if anyone's said this before... but I'd LOVE an episode (or at least 10 minutes worth) of Renge's doujinshi. (mentioned by the Shinbun club at the begining of ep 14) XD hahahaha... I wanna know what it's like! I can just imagine the main character as a girl in the middle of a love triangle between haruhi and kyouya. ><;;;; Or to be more Moe... it'd probably be a more moe version of the series (with haruhi as a male)... and everyone in love with "him" (-_-);;

Top 5 Favourite Animes:1. FLCL 2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 3. Yakitate!! Japan 4. Honey & Clover 5. Full Metal Alchemist
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 10:48   Link #487
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Hallo! I just caught up with Ouran Highschool Host Club just yesterday, and I must say that it gave me quite the laugh. I consider this as the funniest of Anime I've ever watched. What hindered me watching this at first was my annoyance at Bishie-type characters. After months of consideration, I decided to give it a shot, and those Bishounen characters aren't so bad afterall. Especially because they are waaay funny.

Made by: k9kiba of MangaVolume.com
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 00:34   Link #488
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I reckon besides the dialogue what really makes it funny is the voice actors. They're really really good - particularly Mamoru Miyano (Tamaki).

In terms of animation, the timing is perfect - i.e. action/reaction - episode 10 is my favourite still so far.

Top 5 Favourite Animes:1. FLCL 2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 3. Yakitate!! Japan 4. Honey & Clover 5. Full Metal Alchemist
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 05:30   Link #489
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Ouran Host Club was surprising popular amongst the cosplayers at this year's Otakon. Here are the best ones I got photos of:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 16:20   Link #490
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I heard of this anime before. I just read the first chapter of it though.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 00:29   Link #491
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i think the quality of the show's story has greatly improved ever since around the summer tea house episode. the earlier episodes were good, but they didnt really hold the plot well.
Old 2006-08-30, 04:58   Link #492
chzon
whiplash

Send a message via MSN to chzon
Seems that this is one of the few animes that are actually BETTER than the manga. Tamaki-senpai FTW!
chzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 19:30   Link #493
yuujyo

Location: I live in your everyday lives and I haunt your dreams D:
Send a message via AIM to yuujyo Send a message via MSN to yuujyo
Lets see, um

I really enjoy watching this series. Kyouya is my fav but I think the Hitachiin Brothers rivals him. ^^.

I love the plot, and how the story was made, its like... perfect xD

But... Seeing the recent eppies,

Spoiler for spoily?If you haven't been watching:

I enjoy watching each of their personalities =D this anime series is starting to become one of my favs.
Old 2006-09-18, 22:34   Link #494
3mina

i'm kinda worried bout eppie 25
scared cos i think the host club is gonna break
and sad to see it's gonna end(at least the 1st season)
anyone watched it yet??
3mina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 11:26   Link #495
icf20405

The photograph was placed in the 25 Discussion
icf20405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 21:01   Link #496
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Just read the summary of 25 and Im like ...

it better not end like that!! I will go crazy!
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 06:49   Link #497
Aleksander

Send a message via MSN to Aleksander Send a message via Yahoo to Aleksander
Ouran Koukou Host Club - which subber?

I'm planning on watching Ouran Koukou Host Club, but I can't decide what fansub version to watch. Both Lunar and Solar are at this one, though Lunar are finished and Solar are not. Is there a reason to wait for Solar's releases of this, are they much better?

Thank you.
Aleksander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 07:17   Link #498
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Lunar's are pretty much high quality, you'd do fine with them even if somebody somehow disagrees they're still better than the good majority out there. Also well....you said it yourself, only Lunar has finished.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 21:48   Link #499
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

There's no problem with Lunar, I prefered them over most others. Solar does sub it but I think theyre only on epi 18. FROPS is behind as well.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 12:21   Link #500
.armelle.001
Miss Random

Ouran High School: Host Club

I searched and I didn't find a tread here about it. I know that all episodes are availiable in fansubs. I think the place I got it was from a site called 'For Richer or Poorer'. They are direct download.

- .armelle.001.
.armelle.001 is offline   Reply With Quote