AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 12:05   Link #181
cipotlar

thx for the great h.264 version Tofu! Keep 'em coming
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 17:59   Link #182
EricMontreal22

ya it looks spectacular. Will watch tonight.
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 20:11   Link #183
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
love the latest ep the love scene between Shouji and Nana was very well done very tasteful. Even though he can be a Jerk i feel he really does care for Nana and i thought the transition to Nana O story line was great. I love the music and how the band interacted with one another. You can tell that Nana O has some issues right off the back due to her past (like when she was talking about not wanting children) but i can understand that she cares a lot about her music. Over i think it was a great episode and will countinue to watch it.

If anyone has read the Manga how is it i am thinking about picking it up to the see the diffrences in the anime and the manga
Old 2006-04-29, 20:22   Link #184
cipotlar

There is no major differences between manga and anime so far except they changed the order when Hachi and Nana met. For the vol.1 manga, the background of both girls are told and they met each other in vol. 2. And of course, it's opposite in the anime.
Old 2006-04-30, 00:45   Link #185
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
If anyone has read the Manga how is it i am thinking about picking it up to the see the diffrences in the anime and the manga
As cipotlar said, there really haven't been any major differences yet. However, there may be later on in the season. The manga itself is wonderful though and the omakes let you spend a bit more time with Jun-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Surely though this price listing can't be correct. That's cheaper than a lot of manga!
I think the price is correct and like you and the others said, cheap packaging and fewer episodes. Really cool idea though! At least we know it is the the work of the production people and not the Demon King. ^_~

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 12:51   Link #186
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Episode four was brilliant. I was afraid this series was going to be overhyped and somewhat disappointing but now I am more confident this is not going to be the case.

For some reason the opening song never really struck home with me until I saw Oosaki Nana's band in action. After watching this episode I proceeded to watch the OP about a dozen times. I think I like Oosaki Nana a lot more than the other Nana, in the not too many minutes we have seen her on screen so far she has managed to completely capture my attention and interest about her story and personality

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-05-01 at 13:16.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:19   Link #187
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
So far the anime is turning out great--and the ending theme is finally growing on me.
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 18:59   Link #188
dxgarten

Episode 05 screencaps and review

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-03, 19:04   Link #189
Omniscient

Episode 05 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-04, 04:56   Link #190
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 4 was fantastic, again. The directing just seems to go from strength to strength and is, so far, the highlight of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I think I like Oosaki Nana a lot more than the other Nana, in the not too many minutes we have seen her on screen so far she has managed to completely capture my attention and interest about her story and personality
I have to agree with this sentiment. Nana O seems to be a far stronger character. Much like Nana K, she's flawed, but she's more a victim of circumstance, while Nana K is a victim of her own niavity. I'm looking forward to seeing how they live together, since its fairly obvious that, despite some superficial differences, they're very alike people.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:42   Link #191
tritoch

Any news on the OST for this anime? I love the OP/ED but I'm too lazy to search for any releases since I can't read japanese =o
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 23:34   Link #192
cipotlar

^^^

Woo hoo thanx for reminding that, I just checked Olivia Lufkin's articled on Wikipedia and looks like ~a little pain~ will be released on 28th of June..Sigh, 2 months wait...I'm dying for that single..

For the OP, I haven't been able to get the release date.
Old 2006-05-05, 00:24   Link #193
Omniscient

As of a week ago, The official Nana anime website has listed that both the opening and ending songs will be released on June 28, 2006.
Old 2006-05-05, 01:06   Link #194
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Nana and Ren's seperation... so sad. It was well done. God, this anime is good! I'm grateful that there're few flaws.

I'm beginning to get used to Nana O's voice actor which I thought was quite rough for her (i.e. bad choice). ^^

The ending song keeps on rocking on. The way it fades after the "instruments" only version was so nice.

Next episode we're back to the present! I hope everyone will enjoy how Nana K and Nana O interact with each other in their daily life.

I really love NANA! >o<
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 02:45   Link #195
howzitboy

i really like this show. its the perfect anime to watch after honey and clover and paradise kiss ended. i like the pace too. i want a slow slow show that builds up the chars fully, not a rush job. im hoping for at least 26 episodes ....
outta the 2 nana's, i like the "dizzy" one better. she adds soo much comedy to the show and offsets the "darker" nana perfectly.
i cant wait to see episodes when they start living together. i dont wanna read the manga and "ruin" the anime.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 04:33   Link #196
tritoch

episodes 4 and 5 have been superbly done. the fluidity of the scenes seem to just meld into each other rather than forcibly advancing scene by scene we were accustomed to in episode 2/3.

I especially liked it when the prologue transistion into the OP song. It fires me up for the show.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:03   Link #197
Soulcatcher

Have high hopes in this anime but it seems it's going to be ruined by terrible animation. Ep5 was the worst so far.
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 11:08   Link #198
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
I have to say that the separation scene in the live action movie was far more dramatic and heart-breaking for me than the animation version.

Episode 5 was enjoyable, but probably my least favorite of the episodes so far.

(And I just loved the live action Nobu more. T.T)
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 11:28   Link #199
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

WOW, I can't believe I almost missed out on this great anime!

It's hard for me to describe it but I'm hooked, it felt so much longer than just a mere 22 minutes!

Can't wait to get my hands on the OP/ED

*oh, drat ep 5 is done, but not ep 4....patience*
Old 2006-05-05, 12:30   Link #200
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I don't know how the sequence of the events is shown in the manga but in the anime all the flashbacks and memories in the Oosaki Nana story were handled superbly. Sadly, the animation quality in the Live-Evil version of episode decreased rather dramatically compared to the previous episodes but I really liked the episode depite that.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance