AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-14, 19:56   Link #221
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
In any case, I can't bring myself to believe that all the reported bitching was just about the fact that the made a plot rearrangement vis a vis episode 1. Hell, it made the anime even better because if I didn't know that I had Nana O. to look forward to I'd simply kill myself watching Nana K's stupidity.
Well, I wouldn't have killed myself because of Nana K's stupidity but you are basically right. Showing the two main characters in the first episode seemed a very good decision to me, not that I have read the manga. Showing the events from episode one again five episodes later with just a few changes was very annoying. This version seems better than the original first episode but since it had already done its job - to grab my attention and make me follow this series, I do believe this change was rather unnecessary.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 01:09   Link #222
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Blarrrgh. I wish I read those spoilers for episode 6. Seeing as how I'm not a manga reader, ep 6 was almost a complete waste of me. *sighs* I was really looking forward to the episode too. *sighs*

Oh well, episode 7 here we come.
Old 2006-05-15, 02:13   Link #223
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Well, I wouldn't have killed myself because of Nana K's stupidity but you are basically right. Showing the two main characters in the first episode seemed a very good decision to me, not that I have read the manga. Showing the events from episode one again five episodes later with just a few changes was very annoying. This version seems better than the original first episode but since it had already done its job - to grab my attention and make me follow this series, I do believe this change was rather unnecessary.
The manga readers will argue otherwise. They will pretend that episode 1 "didn't exist".
Old 2006-05-15, 09:13   Link #224
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Silly manga readers. :P Even if the first episode was unnecessarily different from the manga, it did a better job of grabbing your interest than starting with episode 2 would have done. <3 Nana O.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:51   Link #225
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow what a complete waste of time episode 6 was... It's a good thing I love this series because its pretty damn retarded to pull a recap ep this early, hell there was probably only 3 or 4 minutes of actual new footage. They could of easily recapped every thing in 5 minutes or better yet told the episode again from rocker Nana's prespective.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 16:31   Link #226
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i will agree that ep 6 was not all that great but i see why it was put in its been several episodes since we have seen both Nana's together this was just a typical recap episode to get the auidence fimilar with the main story line again. how ever it did have some scenes that were not shown in ep 1
Old 2006-05-15, 17:12   Link #227
Matrim

It's not a typical recap episode, usually recaps show material from at least several episodes. And even Gundam Seed Destiny does not have a recap in the sixth episode, IIRC. Moreover, we would have seen the two Nanas together if they had just continued the story from where episode one left off.

Old 2006-05-15, 17:33   Link #228
sorvani

i do not see what everyone is complaining about. i personally thought episode 6 was a real good episode. it was no where near a simple recap. heck it ended before the nana's even meet again in the apartment.
Old 2006-05-15, 18:07   Link #229
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
WTF was Ep6? Was looking forward to sitting down and enjoying this episode and was a bit dissapointed. I had to come to the forum just to check that someone had not messed up and released the first episode (with a couple of bonus scenes) again. I'm sure the anoraks will have fun spotting the difference.
Old 2006-05-15, 23:15   Link #230
Ztarr

Ok, I thought the episode I downloaded was ep1... apparently it's not.

I can see why they had all this info in the first ep though...when I first read Nana and they made the first jump to the other Nana, I was confused.

maybe ep 1 is really more of an ep 0?
Ztarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 00:21   Link #231
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I agree that the replay of ep 1 through the differing angles and views was a nice way to end the "flashback". I also see *WHY* ... because if the show had started with Nana K (ep 2) .... I'd have probably gnawed my leg off to get away. On her own... aieeeee. its when she hooks up with rocking Nana that the show will take off. We needed Nana K's backstory but the intro really helped to keep me engaged with the show while we flashbacked.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 01:08   Link #232
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
WTF was Ep6? Was looking forward to sitting down and enjoying this episode and was a bit dissapointed. I had to come to the forum just to check that someone had not messed up and released the first episode (with a couple of bonus scenes) again. I'm sure the anoraks will have fun spotting the difference.
HAHA. That's EXACTLY what I did. I was like, "What in the hell? Did they accidently sub episode 1 and release it as ep 6?"

Like everyone else has said, I was very, very disappointed with this episode. I was looking forward to it for like a week, and then BLAH, they throw recap at us. *sniffs* While I totally agree that if the series started out with ep 6 (instead of ep 1), it would be awesome. But, why show 5 episodes, and then show ep 1 all over again? Freakin' lammme.

*prays that ep7 is present time*
Old 2006-05-16, 17:55   Link #233
sorvani

it is not a recap. sheesh. it was told completely different. and everyone hwo complains... do you think ANYONE (well anyone who counts in ratings) would watch this show if it started like the manga?

and ep 7 is going to pick up with the apartent meeting and everyone sitting here reading this knows it even if they don't want to admit it.
Old 2006-05-16, 19:18   Link #234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
It's not a typical recap episode, usually recaps show material from at least several episodes. And even Gundam Seed Destiny does not have a recap in the sixth episode, IIRC. Moreover, we would have seen the two Nanas together if they had just continued the story from where episode one left off.
I felt like it was more a recap episode maybe typical was not the word to use i was just trying to say i understand why they did the episode for the most part i thought it was a good episode to see it told from diffrent angles
Old 2006-05-16, 22:38   Link #235
powerguns
nanase roxs

Like the rest of u guys, I'm also looking forward to the latest ep but was a little disappointed when it just show ep 1 screening. But at least we know that the next ep, its really going to show whats going to happen to them living together after all those recaps in the past.
Old 2006-05-17, 18:15   Link #236
Omniscient

Episode 07 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by Omniscient; 2006-05-17 at 19:03.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 19:35   Link #237
dxgarten

Episode 07 Screencaps and Review

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 06:07   Link #238
EricMontreal22

So is Live Evil not dubbing ep 6 becuase of the repeat nature>?
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 06:39   Link #239
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMontreal22
So is Live Evil not dubbing ep 6 becuase of the repeat nature>?
I believe Tofusensei just has other stuff on his mind right now besides fansubbing. As do we all.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 13:16   Link #240
Matrim

Episode seven is great. Really funny and yet not losing entirely the dramatic momentum. Nana's delusion about Sachiko really made me laugh quite hard, same for the scene when Junko and Takagi forced the two Nanas to greet each other properly - "This is girl is so clueless", "It's OK, same goes for mine".

Tags
drama, romance