AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-23, 01:14   Link #141
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 3. Oh wow. That was really good.

I think we can quell any fears about the director, because he's been great to date. And even inspite of Komatsu's ultra-niave and almost clueless nature, there's still something likable about her. But as far as a classic shoujo character analysis is concerned, they're setting up all the pieces and highlighting all the character flaws perfectly. And it appears it's about to make for some interesting drama as well.

I'm slightly concerned that they're going to go to Oosaki's story next week, since Komatsu's doesn't appear to be even close to done. But even if they do leave it on the backburner for later, I have more than enough faith in them that they'll come back to it in due time. They must, anyway, since it's a fairly significant part of the story.

Verdict so far: good stuff.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 02:13   Link #142
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Wow, someone remembers our Utena!

You just made my day *_*
I remember it, too, and have kept my copy lying around even after buying the DVDs -- it's nice to have a second translation handy for comparison.

BTW, my partner and I were discussing it, and we both really love the use of that typewriter font for the subtitles for the OP and ED -- it just somehow seems to set the perfect mood for a song supposedly sung by Nana O.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:24   Link #143
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I've been watching L-E's work ever since they did Utena long time ago, so I subconsciously trust their quality and they usually never disappoint me. So, I'm sticking with L-E.
Although I don't think I saw their Utena, I can say likewise, & I'd choose Live-eviL's subs over anyone's. Thanks to Tofusensei, et al for bringing us Nana. とうふばんざい! (菜食主義者として我慢できなくていっちゃった。)

In reply to raphaŽl: As a native speaker of English w/ a decent set of headphones, this is what I hear in the OP: "When I was darkness out of town...I cry...hey hey...Nobody kissing me...My love...I need your love. I'm a broken rose...I need your love. I'm a broken rose. Oh baby heal me from throes of (or 'frozen', as L-E has it) pain. Yes, my lies. Save me just from (or 'for') me. I wanna need your love. I'm a broken rose. I wanna need your love." I'm only watching Live-eviL's Nana, so can't say whether Ureshii's releases are better. Probably not.

では、
アイスル未来

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-04-23 at 20:26.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:52   Link #144
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
やぁ…恥ずかしいな ^^;;;

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:02   Link #145
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
やぁ…恥ずかしいな ^^;;;

-Tofu
*holds out pen & notebook* とうふ先生、サインをおねがいします。
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:21   Link #146
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
*holds out pen & notebook* とうふ先生、サインをおねがいします。

w

Okay, okay, back to the anime, now, hehe...

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-23, 17:24   Link #147
raphaŽl
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Thanks aisuru mirai.

ところで、僕もとうふが大好きなので、こちらもサインをお願いしていいですか?

Well, apart from that ( aren't foreign languages "forbidden" here, or something? ), the third ep. was simply better than the previous ones. As i expected, i should have known better and shut up... lol I wanted to watch it while chatting with Mippa again, but she seems to have disappeared just before the show. sigh... Mippa, if you're still here, please confirm!
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 17:49   Link #148
Linly

NANA Banzai!

Ep3 was nice, everything is going on a nice pace. I hope they keep the anime like this and don't suddenly cut scenes or haste it....
Linly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 18:26   Link #149
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaŽl
Well, apart from that ( aren't foreign languages "forbidden" here, or something? ), the third ep. was simply better than the previous ones. As i expected, i should have known better and shut up... lol I wanted to watch it while chatting with Mippa again, but she seems to have disappeared just before the show. sigh... Mippa, if you're still here, please confirm!
I thought it kind of ended on a cliffhanger, but my gf said the continuation is not very consequential. Like another poster said earlier, I'm also concerned that they'll switch to the other Nana's story next week when it feels like this one is not quite finished.

As for Mippa, maybe she lost her internet connection or something... I can't imagine her not commenting at all so far for this episode.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 18:57   Link #150
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
They'll probably segue into Nana O's backstory with Blast right after finishing Nana K's tale.

It's shouldn't be much long, since Hachi has already put her feeling for the Asano guy behind her, so now she can focus on Shouji and Tokyo.

The thing that worries me is the transition between two stories. Let's see how they pull it off.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:31   Link #151
TekNiks
kali mandirigma

New Nana disscussion channel #NANA. We are on the Rizon server. come join us
Old 2006-04-24, 00:56   Link #152
JRY_RY
BLOOD ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaŽl
Just to be sure, i downloaded the ureshii fansubs to check how they translated the OP song. And as i already saw with other anime songs, this one and that of Live-evil are contradicting each other over english parts. I'm sort of fluent in japanese, but i'm french, and japglish is a really weird language. lol. Though i understand what it means most of the time, i wouldn't be able to judge who is right and who is wrong. lol
So i wanted to ask you all ( non native speakers aren't welcome. lol), what do YOU hear, reading the subtitles at the same time, and which one do you think is best?

Thanks, i'm counting on you.
http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10867

i have my comments there, dont feel like to say the same words again

^^b
JRY_RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 10:51   Link #153
raphaŽl
trainee archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
I thought it kind of ended on a cliffhanger, but my gf said the continuation is not very consequential. Like another poster said earlier, I'm also concerned that they'll switch to the other Nana's story next week when it feels like this one is not quite finished.

As for Mippa, maybe she lost her internet connection or something... I can't imagine her not commenting at all so far for this episode.

I understand your point of view, and agree that it would be quite a shame if they skipped from one story to the other without any "bridge", but that's what's cool about watching only one ep. each week, compared to one ep. a day (or more). You don't care as much as you would if you just relentlessly watched eps one after the other, do you?
Actually, that's how i feel. Long live TV! Long live commercials! Death to subs! Death to batch torrents!

And i'm sure Mippa will be back someday.

JRY_RY we need to register to read your post, and personnaly i don't really wish to...
(too many registrations already+abitlazyjustabit). Could you please copy/paste it?
Anyways, thanks for answering.
Old 2006-04-24, 11:21   Link #154
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Thanks aisuru mirai.

ところで、僕もとうふが大好きなので、こちらもサインをお願いしていいですか?

Yes I am still here! Sorry, I was really sick last week and taped it so I could sleep!

I will be here for episode four! Again! ごめん!Also, I have been really occupied as of late with another great anime title that has been grabbing my attention....

plugplug

BLACK JACK. OMG.

But anything I would have said about this last episode has really been said...except that I was feeling strangely natsukashii about it all--they seem to be doing a really good job at capturing the authentic feel of the area...

I must say that the episodes are gradually improving...and I really enjoy the subtle, but realistic portrayal of Junko and the others. And the reuniting with Komatsu's first love was strangely realistic, and not overdramatic without being anticlimatic.

But do you really feel that it is being abruptly cut off? I mean, Komatsu's backstory. I mean, we all pretty much know what will happen...but then again, maybe the manga covers something drastic that you all feel is just DYING to be animated? I think some artistic licensing is allowed once in a while...
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 12:22   Link #155
DaFool
Resident devil

I just love Shouji and how much of a jerk he his. I'm sorta disappointed how I realise Nana K is so ditsy like a typical shoujo heroine, but then Shouji and Asano put her in her place, yeah!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 15:01   Link #156
Ruka

Send a message via AIM to Ruka Send a message via MSN to Ruka Send a message via Yahoo to Ruka
I havent read the manga yet, but I already have seen both Movie & Anime. I really loved the movie & the songs^^.

-Ruka
Ruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 15:05   Link #157
raphaŽl
trainee archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
Yes I am still here! Sorry, I was really sick last week and taped it so I could sleep.

Yeeeeah, the great mippa is back, and... ahem with a new avatar!
Believe it or not, i was worried. I hope you recovered so we can watch ep.4 together tomorrow and talk about it after that. ^^
And i've been willing to read and/or watch Black Jack for years but i think i'm not read yet.
Old 2006-04-24, 19:53   Link #158
misakichii

oh wow! i didn't know that there were an anime for nana. is this anime new? i've a little of the manga but i really had no idea there were an anime for it. wow! i really am looking forward to to anime.

Spoiler for manga!!!:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-25 at 00:12.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 20:08   Link #159
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by misakichii
oh wow! i didn't know that there were an anime for nana. is this anime new? i've a little of the manga but i really had no idea there were an anime for it. wow! i really am looking forward to to anime.

what i just read in the manga was that [SPOILER].
Hey, hey, hey, watch the spoilers!!

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-24, 20:37   Link #160
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I like this series. Interesting characters, nice art and music. It's just that Komatsu Nana is not exactly the type of character I usually like, so I am waiting eagerly for the other Nana's story. Can't recall what type of music was she performing but she looks exactly like some gothic metal vocalist (although the voice shattered this illusion) hence I liked her from the start.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance