AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-30, 16:14   Link #2381
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
There will be MAD laugher...of the insane sort, when that happens.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:16   Link #2382
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I still wonder WHY it was delayed at all.
And I'm pretty sure "royalties" issue never really left the land of rumors and speculations.
Eh, what 'royalties' has to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Never say never again, huh.
People are waiting for it because of a cliffhanger at the end of #9.
I know. But they(we) are impatient. Kadakawa could use the 'last book' as an excuse to soft them(us) a bit. And also raise the antecipation(in a good way), making more people buy as soon as it is published.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'm going to laugh if Vol10 is another collection of short stories, and Vol11 is the continuation... no, really. I'd find that amusing, and completely in line with what's been happening with the franchise lately.
I agree. It would be painfully hilarious. Hey, maybe that is why the delay. Tanigawa was writing the 11th book first.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:39   Link #2383
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'm going to laugh if Vol10 is another collection of short stories, and Vol11 is the continuation... no, really. I'd find that amusing, and completely in line with what's been happening with the franchise lately.
If that happens there had better be a thread made titled "The Mad Laughter of the Fans of Haruhi Suzumiya." And nothing but posts of laughter would be allowed in it. Everything else would be deleted as off-topic. Just saying.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:46   Link #2384
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'm going to laugh if Vol10 is another collection of short stories, and Vol11 is the continuation... no, really. I'd find that amusing, and completely in line with what's been happening with the franchise lately.
I'd prefer this.

I generally prefer the short story books, and besides, it'd mean Vol. 10 isn't the last book.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:49   Link #2385
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd prefer this.

I generally prefer the short story books, and besides, it'd mean Vol. 10 isn't the last books.
But then people would say that the 11th is the last one. Thinking about that, Kyon gives some hints about events happening between Vol. 7 and Vol. 8, if I am not mistake. There is also the sequel of Episode00.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:34   Link #2386
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I can't believe the 10th novel is actually gonna happen, wow.
Yeah, after a bit of thought, I figure it's not gonna happen, at this point.

Probably just another troll again. Like everything in this god-awful franchise.

I hate being a fan. I hate it so much.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:43   Link #2387
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, after a bit of thought, I figure it's not gonna happen, at this point.

Probably just another troll again. Like everything in this god-awful franchise.

I hate being a fan. I hate it so much.
Good lord Kaisos. Could you be a little less pessimist for a moment?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:49   Link #2388
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Good lord Kaisos. Could you be a little less pessimist for a moment?
I think he used up his yearly allotment of optimism during Endless Eight. Besides, Kaisos is probably correct.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:58   Link #2389
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I think he used up his yearly allotment of optimism during Endless Eight. Besides, Kaisos is probably correct.
Really? Why? Just because it was delayed 2 years it don't mean it is not going to be publised. Also, many have guessed that it would be announced after/during the second season(it is not really the secod season, but is close enough).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:00   Link #2390
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Because every single piece of Haruhi-related news we've gotten since Haruhi S1 aired has been either intentionally misleading or an outright lie.

Why should this be any different?

Now, if we could get a full translation of that blurb that'd be great.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:04   Link #2391
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Because every single piece of Haruhi-related news we've gotten since Haruhi S1 aired has been either intentionally misleading or an outright lie.

Why should this be any different?

Now, if we could get a full translation of that blurb it'd be great.
Well, we get a new season after all, right? I agree the information is very possiblely a misleading. However, new information, no matter what is, means that the book is going to be there soon or later.


Yeah, a full translation would be great.

I noticed they censored something with two circles. Someone has any idea of what might be?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:07   Link #2392
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
No, it doesn't. That's my point.

Yes, we got new episodes. They didn't give us what they intentionally led us to believe we were getting. In fact, E8 seems like a deliberate way of mocking us.

There is absolutely no guarantee we're actually getting that book until it hits stores. And even then it'll probably be some horrible kind of troll, much like E8.

...Remember all that energy and hope after BLR? And how E8 brought it crashing down?

Sighs is great, but the fanbase is never going to recover, and a new book is not going to help that.

The magic is gone.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:11   Link #2393
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Oh, you are being dramatic. Anyway, if it is something like the new episodes, it would be like Kotetsu said, a book with short storys. That would be the same thing, we would be expecting something (the continuation of Vol. 9) and get other completelly different.

Also, I can bet there will be a new wave of hope/magic when the realese the Disappearance anime.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:15   Link #2394
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
You've waffling on your fandom again. Are you sure you aren't bipolar when it comes to Haruhi?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:17   Link #2395
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
They have no obligation to release anything resembling a Disappearance anime.

Why would they? They can make enough money off of the new merchandise to last them another three years; in fact, I was surprised they even released new episodes at all, given that they're still selling merchandise from the FIRST season.

And the general response to Disappearance at this point, even if it aired right after Someday in the Rain, would be "meh". No one cares anymore.

The magic is gone.

And yes, I am being intentionally pessimistic. I am in a terrible mood, and hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Expect to be lied to, messed with, and generally mocked. That's what you'll get. And if for once they give you what you want, and you find you no longer care, it's their fault, and no one else's.

Live life without enjoying anything. Realize you have accomplished nothing and shoot yourself at thirty. Such is existence.

This is the lesson Haruhi Suzumiya has taught us. All hail the God-Empress, and remember to drink your poisoned Kool-Aid slowly, or you might choke.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:20   Link #2396
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37

So. Many. Uses.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:37   Link #2397
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They have no obligation to release anything resembling a Disappearance anime.

Why would they? They can make enough money off of the new merchandise to last them another three years; in fact, I was surprised they even released new episodes at all, given that they're still selling merchandise from the FIRST season.
They will, however, realese Disappearance, even if is 3 years from now. There is neve enough money.

Quote:
And the general response to Disappearance at this point, even if it aired right after Someday in the Rain, would be "meh". No one cares anymore.

The magic is gone.
Disagree. The effect would be the same as in BLR. Also, if the 'magic is gone' as you said, is one more reason to realese Disappearance as soon as possible.

Quote:
And yes, I am being intentionally pessimistic. I am in a terrible mood, and hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Expect to be lied to, messed with, and generally mocked. That's what you'll get. And if for once they give you what you want, and you find you no longer care, it's their fault, and no one else's.

Live life without enjoying anything. Realize you have accomplished nothing and shoot yourself at thirty. Such is existence.

This is the lesson Haruhi Suzumiya has taught us. All hail the God-Empress, and remember to drink your poisoned Kool-Aid slowly, or you might choke.
I understand your point. I, however, have another philosophy. I don't believe, for exemple, that the new season will be realesed this year, on Decsember, as some. However, I don't think it will took 3 years again. They can't lose the timing, no after so many ads using Disappearance image, if they wait too much, people will lost (even more) the interest. So I think next year is a reasonable date, the same way I tought this year, with the rerealese, it would be a good point to air the new episodes(tough I really didn't expected the 8 E8).

To sumarize, not be too much pessimist nor too much optimistic.

Also, is not like "Live life without enjoying anything." really applies to you. Pessimist is only good because you can enjoy being wrong. Also, the genderbend project seens to be far from 'not enjoyment'.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:41   Link #2398
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Whenever information like this is released, for quite a while, I lose all ability to enjoy anything. The color drains from the world.

And I don't want to wait another year. (I'm getting old here.) Hell, I bet they'd lose even more collective interest if they did.

Collective reaction to any new material, in fact, would be something along the lines of "lol Endless Nine".

Haruhi is a joke now. A fucking joke.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:47   Link #2399
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Whenever information like this is released, for quite a while, I lose all ability to enjoy anything. The color drains from the world.
I have kinda noticed. Just get over and back to enjoy what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And I don't want to wait another year. (I'm getting old here.) Hell, I bet they'd lose even more collective interest if they did.
I agree here. That is why they can't wait too much. If what you say is true, then it is a reason to they realese the next season this year. The less the collective interest, less money the make with merchandise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Collective reaction to any new material, in fact, would be something along the lines of "lol Endless Nine".
Why do you think it? I really believe peoplewill be to exited to think after the first episode of Disappearance. This episode would be awesome to fans and to casuals, due to how it begins. Kyoani just need to make sure to include her in the first episode (even if in the end).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Haruhi is a joke now. A fucking joke.
This don' prevent for being an awesome show. I mean, just after EE they menage to do a interesting Sighs. The worse of the serie.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:57   Link #2400
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Are you on some kind of medication? You've mood from Thursday/Friday (this episode is awesome) to today (Haruhi is a joke), seems rather...wide, respectfully.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.