AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 18:30   Link #2861
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Under the spoiler bar is the big image formed with all 9 covers. It's quite table-breaking, so that's why it's under the bar. Same format as before
Spoiler:

The images of Boredom and Indignation don't synch perfectly with the others, and Anger's right side is faded unlike the left side of Dissociation. Other than that, it works well.
I still can't figure out why on earth "Fujiwara" is on the cover of Boredom. I mean, that's who it is, right? The other anti-SOS are included, so I figure he would be, too, but why there?

Also, the more I look at the whole image, the more I like that Sasaki and Kyon are going in different directions and are on complete opposite ends. It might mean nothing, but it feels a little bit symbolic to me, and I like it.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 18:42   Link #2862
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
He's only there so people can make comparisons between him and Koizumi. Or something.

Besides, Big Mikuru, Kimidori, SCP, and Arakawa are also on covers for books that don't feature them, so why single him out?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 18:59   Link #2863
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
I vaguely remember seeing those pictures linked up together as a single picture somewhere....

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 19:31   Link #2864
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I vaguely remember seeing those pictures linked up together as a single picture somewhere....
Maybe here?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 19:45   Link #2865
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Maybe here?
Here's a bigger version I found previously:
Spoiler:

I attempted to match the covers with this preview, but there are some alterations.
The top of the image was cropped off, along with most of Kyon (but I think that he'll be in the inner cover). That pretty much prevented me from matching everything up 1-to-1, so I made the best one I could given the source image.

Oh, and I hereby reject my statement earlier about the SCP and Kimidori in Indignation. Elections may have been held following the festival according to Anger.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-01-25 at 19:55.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:00   Link #2866
bayoab

Hmm... noting the guard rail/fence, is it a circular poster? Seems both ends would basically line up beside Kyon's hand possibly being partially cut off.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:04   Link #2867
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
Oh yeah, thanks guys.

Old 2010-01-25, 20:16   Link #2868
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Hmm... noting the guard rail/fence, is it a circular poster? Seems both ends would basically line up beside Kyon's hand possibly being partially cut off.
It very well may possibly become that way if a person wanted it to become circular. I chose to use the first light pole as a nice break point and came up with this mockup:
Spoiler:
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:09   Link #2869
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
An interesting thought. I'd expand on it and speculate that it isn't complete yet, and was planned with novel 10 in mind. The rest of Kyon's hand could be on it.
Old 2010-01-25, 21:16   Link #2870
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol.

"Noo! Not Kyon's hand! D:"
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:23   Link #2871
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

10th cover features Kyon's hand and a currently unnamed girl confirmed?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-01-25, 21:53   Link #2872
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Forgot about her momentarily. I was trying to figure out what could go into the 10th volume to have more characters in the picture. Lol I fail.

Old 2010-01-25, 22:23   Link #2873
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Another possibility would be Miyoko.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:13   Link #2874
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Is everyone forgetting the slider girl?

Also, Miyoko has never had an illustration, although she appears once in the anime.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:31   Link #2875
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Who did you think I meant by "a currently unnamed girl"?
Old 2010-01-25, 23:39   Link #2876
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Who did you think I meant by "a currently unnamed girl"?
Ah, right. Missed that post, sorry.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:45   Link #2877
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
10th cover features Kyon's hand and a currently unnamed girl confirmed?
Since the covers presumably don't include Kyon (even though the inner illustration does), Volume 10 could conceivably include Kyon and Slider-tan. By popular theory, that would mean that in the assembled picture, a different version of the same character appears twice twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisos erranon View Post
also, miyoko has never had an illustration, although she appears once in the anime.
WARNING: RAMPANT FAN SPECULATION

Dang, Kaisos... First you're feeding the "10 and out" trolls and now you're stating unfounded rumor as fact. You feeling well?
Old 2010-01-26, 00:03   Link #2878
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Dang, Kaisos... First you're feeding the "10 and out" trolls and now you're stating unfounded rumor as fact. You feeling well?
Oh come on, it's totally her in Melancholy VI. She's Kyon's Sister's friend, has a ponytail, and is noticeably taller than either the sister or her other friend. That or my memory is failing me.

If KyoAni put Sakanaka into the anime, I'm pretty sure they could put Miyoko in.

And I'm feeding the "Novel 10 in the finale" trolls because given Kadokawa's track record with this series, it's probably going to be.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:24   Link #2879
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Oh come on, it's totally her in Melancholy VI. She's Kyon's Sister's friend, has a ponytail, and is noticeably taller than either the sister or her other friend. That or my memory is failing me.

If KyoAni put Sakanaka into the anime, I'm pretty sure they could put Miyoko in.

And I'm feeding the "Novel 10 in the finale" trolls because given Kadokawa's track record with this series, it's probably going to be.
I am no longer armed with my "quote fu" or else I would find some in-novel way to refute your baseless argument that that slightly taller (or slightly closer) girl in yellow is Miyoko (thank you Hachette). ^_^

As for Sakanaka, she does appear in the novels (in one pic, I believe, but enough to verify the character design), and more importantly she's in Kyon and Haruhi's class. We have just as much of a chance seeing her in classroom background shots as we do Kunikida or Taniguchi, or Ryoko before she "moves to Canada", so if KyoAni didn't put her in there, they'd lose their status as the continuity whores that they are. Actually, I think she gets more background shots than the other three. Seems like every time there's an establishing shot, she worms herself in there somewhere. She's like the Sheila Jackson Lee of Haruhi (local politics joke you're not expected to get).

Now if you get me some proof that Ito approved the character design for that obviously-the-same-age-as-Imouto girl in yellow, I'll allow it.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:28   Link #2880
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
He's only there so people can make comparisons between him and Koizumi. Or something.

Besides, Big Mikuru, Kimidori, SCP, and Arakawa are also on covers for books that don't feature them, so why single him out?
Eh, I wasn't concerned that the book doesn't feature him so much as that he's on the cover of the third book, when there is no sign of him in the story until the sixth book. Or seventh. I forget which one is which. (It feels a bit like a spoiler, I guess. Or like putting, uhm, Sean Connery on a movie poster for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Or putting Luna Lovegood on a cover illustration for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - both characters exist in-universe when these stories took place, but they don't actually appear for several installments, and people who haven't got to those installments yet will be completely unfamiliar with the characters. I guess it's kind of like false advertising, maybe?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I know there were rumors going around about the reason for the delay, but I've only heard about them way down the grapevine. One was about how much Tanigawa was getting in royalties, I think? Is there any weight to that one? Because if it is true, and there's a dispute about how much he gets from Kadokawa, I wouldn't be surprised if he ties everything up with #10, even if only out of spite.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga