AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-19, 01:48   Link #3541
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
The last time I checked, Sasaki can warp reality too. The only difference was that she recognized her power but couldn't care less about it.
Her alternate space has nothing happening. This means it breaks no laws that Yuki's people can't break. As far as I can tell everything she can do is in the realm of being faked in order to convince Kyon to help depower Haruhi, thus able to have Haruhi killed in order to wipe out the creation of time travel.

Who could fake it? The evil suicidal time travellers, the Canopy Domain, and the evil espers all potentially have the means.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 02:04   Link #3542
Blayne Barudorii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I take it as evidence that time travel (in the real world) doesnt exist as I dont already have the 10th novel in my desk drawer.

*curses!*
__________________
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 04:22   Link #3543
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: There's also going to be a book entitled "Haruhi in USA. A Study on the internationalization of Japanese Anime" released in Japan on July 9th.
Where's the source? When? Is it in Amazon.com? Is it open to the masses? Is it about Haruhi?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 06:52   Link #3544
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Where's the source? When? Is it in Amazon.com? Is it open to the masses? Is it about Haruhi?
Here is the page on 7net. As I said it'll be out on 7/7. Amazon.com doesn't have it, nor does Amazon Japan. It will be available to everyone in Japan and people who can purchase books from Japan. It's a study about the internationalization of anime using Haruhi as an example in North America.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 07:10   Link #3545
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
7/7 - Tanabata

...

I see a connection, but I don't know what to make of it.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 00:36   Link #3546
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Re Book 10: Tsk. It looks like Tanigawa REALLY wants us to pull for Timeline Beta, if the preview is any indication. Timeline Alpha was barely two pages long, and literally had nothing happening in it.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 09:29   Link #3547
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Re Book 10: Tsk. It looks like Tanigawa REALLY wants us to pull for Timeline Beta, if the preview is any indication. Timeline Alpha was barely two pages long, and literally had nothing happening in it.
But I think that's why alpha will win - it maintains the status quo most effectively. Beta could be going towards a Bad End. Probably is, in some way.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 09:47   Link #3548
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Gee, Ryoko showing up in Timeline Beta wasn't a sign enough? I'm thinking though it's less of a 'Bad End' but a showcase of the universe's more fantastic elements.

Timeline Alpha also, for example, shakes up the status quo, but instead of world-shattering encounters between the factions monitoring Haruhi and Sakaki, we have instead new members for the SOS-dan.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 10:01   Link #3549
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Gee, Ryoko showing up in Timeline Beta wasn't a sign enough? I'm thinking though it's less of a 'Bad End' but a showcase of the universe's more fantastic elements.

Timeline Alpha also, for example, shakes up the status quo, but instead of world-shattering encounters between the factions monitoring Haruhi and Sakaki, we have instead new members for the SOS-dan.
Well, let's just say that I'm not ruling out the possibility that the α-line won't go crazy or that the β-line won't be the victorious one, due to a shocking tweest in the middle of the book. Most likely, yeah, β is going down like the Titanic, but in the last week or two, I've taken to not assuming so, in order to prolong my suspense.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 11:40   Link #3550
Hedd
Random Object
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Just got Boredom yesterday in the mail. Disappearance is scheduled for November 2nd. They're making decent time though it'll still probably be 2 or 3 years before they catch up.
__________________
Hedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 12:08   Link #3551
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
The last time I checked, Sasaki can warp reality too. The only difference was that she recognized her power but couldn't care less about it.
The only "evidence" we have of Sasaki's ability to warp reality is Kyon's trip with Kyouko in Volume 9. And leaving out the other two members of the Anti Dan, there are several ways that Kyouko could be fooling Kyon. She could have some way to take him to Haruhi's closed space during a time when the Shinjin aren't moving around. Her esper ability could include mind manipulation (no one ever said all the espers have the same ability, and Charmed at First Sight LOVER would suggest they don't). And when you bring Kuyoh and "Fujiwara" into it, there are any number of other possibilities that don't involve Sasaki having powers.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 19:18   Link #3552
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Just got Boredom yesterday in the mail. Disappearance is scheduled for November 2nd. They're making decent time though it'll still probably be 2 or 3 years before they catch up.
I got manga volume 6 today and volume 7 is scheduled for October 31; now all we need is the Disappearance movie to come out on DVD around that time and it can be a Disappearance trifecta!

About volume 6: Imouto in a maid outfit is all that needs to be said.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 02:36   Link #3553
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
About volume 6: Imouto in a maid outfit is all that needs to be said.
Another original story? I've got to see this one.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 07:17   Link #3554
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I got manga volume 6 today and volume 7 is scheduled for October 31; now all we need is the Disappearance movie to come out on DVD around that time and it can be a Disappearance trifecta!

About volume 6: Imouto in a maid outfit is all that needs to be said.
It wasn't a maid outfit. It was the waitress outfit the Junior class (Tsuruya/Mikuru) had made for the festival for their restaurant.

For some reason they had a spare uniform fit for a ten year old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Another original story? I've got to see this one.
Not an original story. Just an extension to the Live Alive school festival.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 20:45   Link #3555
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
...Timeline Alpha also, for example, shakes up the status quo, but instead of world-shattering encounters between the factions monitoring Haruhi and Sakaki, we have instead new members for the SOS-dan.

Do the books indicate any self-aware inconsistencies between the Canopy and the Data Entity in which of the girls is the "authentic" god, and determining that would then have both concentrate on her, or do they both now know there's more than one single nexus in the universe and the answer to their goals could be found in either? If so, that opens up a grand likelihood that the Data Entioty would eventually acheive its goal becoming a god itself, since the appearance of Sakaki means Haruhi's power/Godiness isn't unique and possibly a duplicable power. Hope I'm saying that right! One last thing; If it's in the manga, does Haruhi ever enter a shrine or church, and when she prays there, isn't she praying to herself??
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 01:16   Link #3556
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Do the books indicate any self-aware inconsistencies between the Canopy and the Data Entity in which of the girls is the "authentic" god, and determining that would then have both concentrate on her, or do they both now know there's more than one single nexus in the universe and the answer to their goals could be found in either? If so, that opens up a grand likelihood that the Data Entioty would eventually acheive its goal becoming a god itself, since the appearance of Sakaki means Haruhi's power/Godiness isn't unique and possibly a duplicable power. Hope I'm saying that right! One last thing; If it's in the manga, does Haruhi ever enter a shrine or church, and when she prays there, isn't she praying to herself??
Until now, the two alien faction have never met. However, you are too early in assuming what the Anti-SOS-dan tell you is the truth. Making an alternate space is actually so easy, even a cave cricket can do it. There has to be something seriously wrong with Sakaki to be so sociopathic; she doesn't seem to care about ANYTHING.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:52   Link #3557
Blayne Barudorii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Huh, just noticed... When in Disappearance Yuki rewrote reality did she know about the Canopy Domain at the time? Did she write them out of existence as well? Or were they protected and noticing the massive "shift" is the reason why they noticed Haruhi and decided to step in?
__________________
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 16:32   Link #3558
NegixEvaNodo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hi, I am new here so...... I have a question. does anyone have the light novel translated that is NOT download? if cuz I REALLY wanna read them. can you PM me or email me or just notify me pls THANK YOU !
NegixEvaNodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 17:43   Link #3559
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegixEvaNodo View Post
Hi, I am new here so...... I have a question. does anyone have the light novel translated that is NOT download? if cuz I REALLY wanna read them. can you PM me or email me or just notify me pls THANK YOU !
What exactly is it you're asking for?

You can get the first 3 light novels translated to English without downloading by purchasing/borrowing copies, as they have been published. The fourth is due out at the end of the year.

Because Hachette Book Group do not want translations (or fan-translations) available for free online, you will probably not find any available to read that do not require downloading, unless you are skilled with google. And even if you could, because of the C&D, we're not to discuss it on animesuki (as I understand it).
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 18:42   Link #3560
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
Huh, just noticed... When in Disappearance Yuki rewrote reality did she know about the Canopy Domain at the time? Did she write them out of existence as well? Or were they protected and noticing the massive "shift" is the reason why they noticed Haruhi and decided to step in?
It is possible both factions knew each other for a while. But they are so different in concept that communication in any way was impossible until both sides made human-shaped communication devices. They were likely wiped out in the time shift; it was meant to be a world that is "ordinary". But obviously after they were put back they would know about it.

But we still don't know what the CD want, anyway.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.