AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 07:50   Link #421
Silasj
SOS団 Member

Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
There is tons of Kyonist around the world that are stating many theories about the true nature or the relationship between him and Haruhi.... yet this could be applied to the SOS Brigade.

A good friend of my told me this, I may or may not agree with it but this is how the conversation when:

"Keitaro!!! do you remember about the first part of the vol 1 of the novel?"
"huh? what about it?"
"Well, if you noticed, Kyon wants to believe in aliens, ESPERs, time travelers and what not. After he went to high school, he drop those childish delusions and accepted a normal grayish life...."
"Yep, I remember. What do you ask?"
"Well, his life became colorful when Haruhi come in the picture... someone that he never expected to have such or share the same notions as him.... AND... as we know she has feelings for him inside, but outside she is totally different then what Kyon expected. You see, don't you find it that, he actually found his ...better half?"
"What are you talking about?!? Kyon didn't found his better half, more likely she kinda found him. Yes, I do admit that she and he shares the same wavelength, but that doesn't mean that he found her. And... Haruhi more likely found him, remember she asked for aliens, ESPERs, time travelers and slider to come with her and..........Wait a minute...???? Sliders....... So far I came to that conclusion about that 11th person in Vol10. What are you trying to imposed? That Kyon is like HARUHI!!!???"
"No, no, no..... I don't think he is like her. But I believe deep inside of her that she wanted someone, her better half... by saying that.... don't you think she may have give him something besides being Kyon....."

Well, that what he told me. I don't think there is a possibily that Haruhi may granted him powers. I believe that he has powers all the long.
They are:

"TRUST"
"RELIABLE"
"COMMITMENT"
"ENDURANCE"
"KINDNESS"
"LOYAL"
"KEENNESS"

Those qualities, are powers each of us have that makes us human beings. In sense, Kyon is just a regular person, but has more to offer as a person and/or as a friend.

Thank you
Domo Arigato

ありがとう
I fully agree with you. Kyon is just a normal human being, which is exactly what Haruhi is looking for, she just has a hard time accepting it.

私の馬はすしを食べます
Old 2007-10-03, 17:33   Link #422
Seiryuu

From what I know and what I've heard of all of this, I think Kyon's probably every bit as much a god as Haruhi is. The description of Haruhi's power suggests that the little things automatically align to her will. For instance, the baseball position selection is a "random" set-up, which results in people being routed directly to where Haruhi wants them to be; or, the likelihood of Kyon sitting in front of Haruhi twice is very, very slim. However, this would suggest that any time Haruhi wants something relating to such random events, the die will always roll in her favor. However, some of these chances turn in Kyon's favor, like the first Saturday outing. Kyon got to go with the people he wanted to talk to at that time, much to Haruhi's dissatisfaction. It will all come out soon, I expect, in the next couple volumes. For now, I'll just go with what the characters have said, that Haruhi appears to have power, and Kyon seems to be "chosen" and thus somewhat empowered himself, or perhaps Kyon is the real center. I just hope the stuff in the recent volumes doesn't turn out in the utterly cliche pattern of internal conflict creating a shadow self.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:23   Link #423
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasj View Post
I fully agree with you. Kyon is just a normal human being, which is exactly what Haruhi is looking for, she just has a hard time accepting it.

私の馬はすしを食べます
I agree with you 100%

Haruhi is having a hard time accepting it, but at the same time she seems more adapted to it.

In vol1, when she created a "new universe", it was just her and Kyon there, even to her she surprised. She questioned "why just you and me?". Well we all know, that at the end of the volume, she believes that it was "a nightmare..", just a dream. But as the events continued in that "new dimension", she was excited, thrilled, and as happy any person can be. Kyon wanted to be back in the "original world", she questioned him why. Until he realized the hints from Nagato and Mikuru Asahina (big). REMEMBER:..... " You know, I really like you in a ponytail........I don't know when, but since then, I can't stop thinking of you in a ponytail. I think that suits you best"

And look what happened the next day.... when Kyon came in the classroom...

This one of the examples that I remember, when Haruhi actually showed some type of respond for Kyon, even though she think it was a just a dream. Kyon responded back to her by stating....

"Say, Haruhi."
"What?"
I said to Haruhi, whose eyes were still staring outside,
"You look great in that ponytail."

There are other examples, of how Haruhi actually excepts Kyon as Kyon. Anyone please let me know in which Vol's and what examples are there.

Thank you

Domo Arigato

ありがとう

"Me and Ryuuji just got married...!!!"
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 05:50   Link #424
ellifeedn
Thinker

I've been looking at the last several pages of posts. Why are there so many theories in the novel/manga thread? If you wanted to post theories, why don't you make a theories thread and post there? I'm not talking directly to anyone here, it's just in a general sense.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 07:43   Link #425
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
From what I know and what I've heard of all of this, I think Kyon's probably every bit as much a god as Haruhi is. The description of Haruhi's power suggests that the little things automatically align to her will. For instance, the baseball position selection is a "random" set-up, which results in people being routed directly to where Haruhi wants them to be; or, the likelihood of Kyon sitting in front of Haruhi twice is very, very slim. However, this would suggest that any time Haruhi wants something relating to such random events, the die will always roll in her favor. However, some of these chances turn in Kyon's favor, like the first Saturday outing. Kyon got to go with the people he wanted to talk to at that time, much to Haruhi's dissatisfaction. It will all come out soon, I expect, in the next couple volumes. For now, I'll just go with what the characters have said, that Haruhi appears to have power, and Kyon seems to be "chosen" and thus somewhat empowered himself, or perhaps Kyon is the real center. I just hope the stuff in the recent volumes doesn't turn out in the utterly cliche pattern of internal conflict creating a shadow self.
So, how do you explain "Endless 8" then? The many, many times of Kyon failing to escape Haruhi's time prison?
Old 2007-10-04, 11:09   Link #426
Silasj
SOS団 Member

Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So, how do you explain "Endless 8" then? The many, many times of Kyon failing to escape Haruhi's time prison?
Can I ask a newb question.. What are the "endless 8"?
I only watched the anime, will I find out now that I'm reading the novels, or is it a term you guys made up?
Old 2007-10-04, 11:29   Link #427
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasj View Post
Can I ask a newb question.. What are the "endless 8"?
I only watched the anime, will I find out now that I'm reading the novels, or is it a term you guys made up?
"Endless 8" is a short story in Volume 5 of the novels. I personally believe it is the strongest in-story evidence against any "God-Kyon is controlling Haruhi" theories.

Put it simply, Kyon was in a position where he was trying to undo something Haruhi did, yet he kept failing, over and over again. And he did not enjoy it at all.
Old 2007-10-04, 12:33   Link #428
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
"Endless 8" is a short story in Volume 5 of the novels. I personally believe it is the strongest in-story evidence against any "God-Kyon is controlling Haruhi" theories.

Put it simply, Kyon was in a position where he was trying to undo something Haruhi did, yet he kept failing, over and over again. And he did not enjoy it at all.
Yep, I love endless 8, that was a great concept of time, and space twisted.... for those who have not read it yet, I'm not going to say much... you will like it.

In other news, since this is based on the novels and manga concepts and themes, any concepts and themes do applied to it as long is related to the novels and manga. Now that is said... I will continue

Does anyone knows and/or what are the exact timeline between vol1 and vol8? Different sites has different chronological order.

I'm just following whatever other sites states about it. If anyone can either direct me to "proper site" that I can check it out. Or maybe put it here,but please leave it as a spoiler so others don't wished to see it. It will be appreciated very much.

Thank you
Domo Arigato

ありがとう

Old 2007-10-04, 21:12   Link #429
CrowKenobi

Quote:
...Does anyone knows and/or what are the exact timeline between vol1 and vol8? Different sites has different chronological order.
How about AnimeSuki? Did you check this thread?

All about Suzumiya Haruhi (涼宮ハルヒ)

Look for Kinny Riddle's posts...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:27   Link #430
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

No I didn't... my bad

I was checking around online, and came upon many, but they had it listed differently.
I actually went to the site where you suggested can it was very helpful... (I BOW HUMBLY TO YOU )

Thanks I, actually like how its done.

Thank you
Domo arigato

ありがとう

Old 2007-10-04, 22:04   Link #431
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Thanks again "2 thumbs up!!!"

It covers only up to VOL 8, Kiddy Riddle rocks with the explanations and the timelines.

Now, heres a question, remember when Koizumi was drawing on the blackboard about the loop of the timeline. When in the Suzumiya Haruhi Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, Kyon noticed the change in the reality, he was talking about the sideways figure 8. It occurred to me that in mathematics that means "infinite". Do you think the problems in vol9 is because of that "loop"?

Just wondering, after all its relating to the novels.

Oh!!! I almost forgot; someone told me that I can check out the mangas online? is that true?

Thank you
Domo arigato

ありがとう

Old 2007-10-06, 22:53   Link #432
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

another really n00b question, but the novels havent been licenced and released in america yet, have they?
any info would be great:P
Old 2007-10-06, 23:12   Link #433
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
another really n00b question, but the novels havent been licenced and released in america yet, have they?
any info would be great:P
Not yet, but they will be. I'm expecting it to be that announcement they were talking about being on the 4th DVD.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 19:31   Link #434
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Not yet, but they will be. I'm expecting it to be that announcement they were talking about being on the 4th DVD.
thanks for that
Old 2007-10-08, 19:41   Link #435
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
This is a scanlation newbie question, but where, off IRC, can I find scanlations of the manga of Haruhi Suzumiya? I have already found one through searching, but have been unable to find any since then. Can anyone direct me to a BT or other downloader website where I can manually find the translated versions of this manga, assuming more than one chapter has been translated? Help would be much appreciated as always, thank you for your time.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 20:14   Link #436
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

To be honest, the manga kinda blows. I recommend grabbing the novels before the license is announced.
Old 2007-10-08, 20:21   Link #437
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Both would be great, as I am a big fan of pictures.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:52   Link #438
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile Manga Vs LightNovels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
To be honest, the manga kinda blows. I recommend grabbing the novels before the license is announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Both would be great, as I am a big fan of pictures.
I understand that Kadokawa Shoten published two manga adaptations of the Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series. But there is no indication of translation in english format, it doesn't matter since I read fluently in japanese but the point is this : Both manga adaptations were published in Shounen Ace, but the earlier one was canceled after the first volume. So that said, maybe there is no adaptation of the manga in English.

I'm understanding the fact is, that the manga adaptation is still too early, so far the Haruhi Suzumiya lightbook series is far more superior then the manga. Its the epicenter of why many people around the world love Haruhi Suzumiya universe. I'm not too sure if the manga can do justice to the lightbook. It like that old saying, " if its isn't broke, don't fix it..."

Thank you.
Domo arigato

ありがとう

Old 2007-10-11, 15:25   Link #439
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
This is a scanlation newbie question, but where, off IRC, can I find scanlations of the manga of Haruhi Suzumiya?
Here ya go. You'll be sorry though:

www.onemanga.com/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya/

Quote:
I'm not too sure if the manga can do justice to the lightbook.
It would take a great manga to do justice to the novel, and also stand proudly alongside the amazing anime. Sadly, this adaptation falls flat on all levels. Pathetic art, and for some reason they also butcher the story (change all kinds of things in the plot for no reason). Frankly, most of the fan-created Dōjinshi I come across are superior!

Here's a random example, starring our favorite human interfaces: www.sibousuiteijikoku.com

Cheers! ~AD
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 18:52   Link #440
typhonsentra

Hey, thanks a lot.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga