AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-12-25, 16:26   Link #61
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If you anger enough people, sure we can. We can try to start something rather counterproductive and form a large list of blacklisted IPs. If enough people adopted it, you'd essentially be banned from all BitTorrent services.

Would it happen? Probably not. The point is to say that something can happen, so try not to anger too many people. You're dealing with a community - as a part of that community, you ideally want it to thrive. Stealing from the community or performing other forms of harm doesn't help it. If the community goes, so does your connection to it. Don't forget.
I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. If that happens, other people get affected you know. Like, yeah banning the entire range because mine is dynamic :P
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 10:55   Link #62
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. If that happens, other people get affected you know. Like, yeah banning the entire range because mine is dynamic :P
Yea, banning IPs is just something ignorant people would do. You would need to block a whole range, maybe thousands of people to stop one person for connecting to you. My IP changes several times a day simply for rapidshare downloading, so it would be pretty pointless to block me. Personaly I think someone must have a pretty big stick up their ass and no real life if you feel the need to take time out of your life to form "blacklists".
Old 2008-01-31, 18:25   Link #63
JackGrover
ハンサムでより古い紳士

Give twice what you receive...

... and you will receive blessings three-fold. Or something like that.

I always try to seed twice as much as I get. Even more when I don't need to do any work on the computer. I haven't seen much need to block addresses yet. My warez tend to stop most everything before it gets too far. Also, most providers seem to rotate IP addresses more and more lately so blocking might cause an innocent person to become sad. In fact, you might be their last hope in a desperate search for the final episode of School Days. Because without that last video they'll kill themselves and curse you for your petty IP address blocking and.... and....

*Cough*

I try to propagate good feelings.

Kanji Translated to: Being handsome, an older gentleman.
JackGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 13:36   Link #64
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I suggest that if you choose to seed above 1:1, and are wondering how best to allocate limited bandwidth, simply put a low upload cap (like 3kb/s) on torrents after they reach 1:1. Even if you are the only seed, there will typically be an occasional leech joining with a partial copy, so your bandwidth will just go to fill the stuff nobody has. This way, you will not end up with a 5:1 ratio on one torrent and continue to give it 50kb/s while another torrent is lingering at .25 and getting barely anything.

As for IP-bans, I rather enjoyed that when I had bitcomet. Dynamic IPs prevent a global blacklist, but it's still fun to do an individual IP ban when you upload 40MB to someone, they send you 32kb, and they're at 70% while you're at 20%. These bans are temporary. Bittorrent clients should do this kind of ban/throttle automatically, but most programmers (or at least, every single one who has worked on a bittorrent client) don't really understand economics very well, since it's not in their field.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 19:28   Link #65
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i always seed until my download is ok, but when it start to infect my download rate, i delete some of the files i seeded and my download rate is back to normal, and that is just because i have only 1/1 mb connection
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote