AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 170 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 25.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 5.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-20, 08:54   Link #461
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taco Bell
Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Unlikely. Archer's master is a full fledged mage, so he won't run out of mana supply. Secondly Archer class servants can survive even when they run out of mana for quite a while. (Archer can remain for 2 days)
Actually if any servant runs completely out of mana they will disappear, die, ect. The Archer class ability allows them to continue living without a master not without mana.
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 09:49   Link #462
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Or he could alternately use broken NP of B-rank to A-rank.
B rank Noble Phantasms becomes C-rank when traced, so it won't scratch Berserker at all.
Broken Phantasm is a move that involves 'over-load' a Noble Phantasm and force it to explode and thus achieving rank boost damage, thus it can be used only once.

Quote:
Though I rather have Berserker with the immunity from B rank and below and not having 12 lives...
God Hand has both properties. Actually it is just layers of resurrection magic--each time Berserker is killed the resurrection magic records the attack, turn the attack into an element which nullifies it and and revive Berserker, adding that element into his body. Think of chicken pox(eek), when one recovers from it their body gain immunity due to anti-bodies

Quote:
Meh in anime he even traces broken cadabolg...That sure takes a lot of mana and sustaining UBW enough to kill Berserker is no small feat...However how many times did archer kill berserker in game??6 times or 5 times??
Small feat until all his moves have used up. It's not mana that makes the fight problematic, but Berserker's God Hand.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 01:15   Link #463
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Quote:
B rank Noble Phantasms becomes C-rank when traced, so it won't scratch Berserker at all.
Broken Phantasm is a move that involves 'over-load' a Noble Phantasm and force it to explode and thus achieving rank boost damage, thus it can be used only once.
What I meant is he traced an A rank noble phantasm and then makes it into broken NP...

Wishful thinking but yeah I can't avoid it.

Hey is it me but did shirou just traced rho aias in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5NBS6svfaY (2:02minutes)
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 05:16   Link #464
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
What I meant is he traced an A rank noble phantasm and then makes it into broken NP...

Wishful thinking but yeah I can't avoid it.

Hey is it me but did shirou just traced rho aias in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5NBS6svfaY (2:02minutes)
He can do that, but only once, because the move that killed Berserker is Broken Phantasm not the weapon itself. Think of Broken Phantasm as a move that turns weapons into a grenade...

Yes he did. Shirou was not agile enough to dodge Gilgamesh's sword rain before he finish his chant so he need Rho Aias to block them. However, there might be a chance that it's another shield, but it looks like Rho Aias to me...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 06:18   Link #465
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
How did shirou know about the existence of nine lives shooting hundred heads??
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 09:16   Link #466
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
How did shirou know about the existence of nine lives shooting hundred heads??
Spoiler for long story:


Next time make sure you're in the right thread when asking...this is for episode 14 of the anime
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 09:48   Link #467
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Sorry madam I just read Berserker and that question pop into my mind.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:39   Link #468
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Sorry madam I just read Berserker and that question pop into my mind.
First sign of craziness, getting turned on by Berserker.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 20:33   Link #469
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taco Bell
Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
First sign of craziness, getting turned on by Berserker.
Hey, riges can be hot.
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 01:03   Link #470
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Quote:
First sign of craziness, getting turned on by Berserker.
I won't tolerate mockery from you madam.....
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 06:13   Link #471
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
I won't tolerate mockery from you madam.....
Kyaa! Blade_Lord is going to get me! Somebody~ somebody~ Help!~

There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, I like them too.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 20:47   Link #472
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Quote:
Kyaa! Blade_Lord is going to get me! Somebody~ somebody~ Help!~

There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, I like them too.
....
I'm speechless...
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 21:09   Link #473
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I said something extremely incredible didn't I...

Just a disclaimer: I'm not yuri, and I'm not bi I'm not bi I'm not bi I'm not bi...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 21:12   Link #474
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Enough repeating..we're getting off-topic...Episdoe 14 is a good one but I still want to see Archer defeat Berserker.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 21:14   Link #475
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Enough repeating..we're getting off-topic...Episdoe 14 is a good one but I still want to see Archer defeat Berserker.
Never going to happen, unless Berserker does not possess God Hand.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 21:19   Link #476
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
At the very lease Archer beat him 5 times right...Berserker can only beat him because Archer isn't well known. To trace Ex is one way to defeat Berserker... but then using a broken A-rank noble phantasm should be awesome...
Rin:What I'm sure I exploded his head?!XD
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 21:29   Link #477
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
At the very lease Archer beat him 5 times right...Berserker can only beat him because Archer isn't well known. To trace Ex is one way to defeat Berserker... but then using a broken A-rank noble phantasm should be awesome...
Rin:What I'm sure I exploded his head?!XD
Even if you give Archer ten times the mana, the problem is with him incapable of executing enough A ranked attacks. Actually, my speculation is that he can't even trace an Ex weapon, and the only once that Archer killed Berserker is by using Broken Phantasm on an A to A++ rank Noble Phantasm(which brings it back to A rank).

In the game Illya mentioned Excalibur can take out all 12 of Berserker's lives in one go. Knowing that Excalibur is an A++ ranked Noble Phantasm, it is possible that an A ranked Noble Phantasm can start taking out multiple layers of Berserker's resurrection. Bellerophon is one possibility, but I don't think he used it, or else the entire house of Illya will get mowed down.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:38   Link #478
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taco Bell
Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Even if you give Archer ten times the mana, the problem is with him incapable of executing enough A ranked attacks. Actually, my speculation is that he can't even trace an Ex weapon, and the only once that Archer killed Berserker is by using Broken Phantasm on an A to A++ rank Noble Phantasm(which brings it back to A rank).

In the game Illya mentioned Excalibur can take out all 12 of Berserker's lives in one go. Knowing that Excalibur is an A++ ranked Noble Phantasm, it is possible that an A ranked Noble Phantasm can start taking out multiple layers of Berserker's resurrection. Bellerophon is one possibility, but I don't think he used it, or else the entire house of Illya will get mowed down.
And if that fails he can just stab him with caliburn, that killed him 7 times in one hit.
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:44   Link #479
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxs View Post
And if that fails he can just stab him with caliburn, that killed him 7 times in one hit.
Caliburn killed Berserker with it's special effect, which is only activated when in King Arthur's hand, so Archer holding it will gain no profit from it. Also, it is downgraded to B rank when projected, and using Broken Phantasm on a Noble Phantasm actually doesn't use the weapon's original strength to deal damage, but the explosion caused by the weapon.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:35   Link #480
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taco Bell
Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Caliburn killed Berserker with it's special effect, which is only activated when in King Arthur's hand, so Archer holding it will gain no profit from it. Also, it is downgraded to B rank when projected, and using Broken Phantasm on a Noble Phantasm actually doesn't use the weapon's original strength to deal damage, but the explosion caused by the weapon.
Oh, forgot about that requirement :\
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.