AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-22, 15:09   Link #1
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Recomendation of animes with gunfights

Due to Team Fortress 2 i had a drastic change of mood so, what i mainly want is basically animes where there are females with guns either protagonists or right beside the protagonist, one exception of this rule is that if the protagonist is a gun wielder then the female beside him is not necessary to also wield a gun.

Now if there aren't many shows of that can resemble the above description then i guess i will take any recommendation as long as it has gun fights.

Except Yaoi any genre of anime goes, along as it has gun action, even ecchi and hentai.

My animelist is in my sig and i'm already planning to watch:

Hidan no Aria and Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood trail.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2011-07-22, 15:32   Link #2
Elegance

Hoping for season 2 for Hidan No Aria ^.^

Maybe These:
Phantom Requiem For the Phantom
Trigun
Old 2011-07-22, 17:33   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

Gunsmith Cats- a 1995 3 episode OVA with a female protagonist that uses guns and her partner who is also female uses bombs. Has some great action scenes especially the car chase in the 2nd episode.

Kite- a short, very violent and grim OVA. Also has a female protagonist who uses a gun with special bullets that can cause a person to explode in a shower of blood and guts after being shot. There's a hentai version and a non hentai version of the OVA. The sex scenes aren't absolutely necessary to the story so if you watch the non hentai version, the story isn't affected too much, but they are at least somewhat relevant. The animation for the fight scenes is quite good too.

Mezzo Forte and its sequel TV series Mezzo DSA - by the same creator as Kite, but this is much more lighthearted in tone although it is still quite violent. The original Mezzo Forte OVA has a hentai and a non hentai version; the TV series has some fanservice moments, but is considerably cleaner. The sex scenes in the hentai version of the OVA are odd in that they totally come out of nowhere and aren't really mentioned again. Still, the OVA has some really well animated fight scenes and shootouts; the TV series animation isn't as good, but it has its moments. The heroine uses guns, but is also equally good at hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:23   Link #4
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

You've already watched two of Bee Train's girls-with-guns trio in Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja; their spiritual predecessor is Noir.

If you're okay with men with guns your list is missing a major title in Cowboy Bebop. Guns 'n jazz in space with style to spare, an entire generation of Western anime fans swear by it. I don't recall if Faye Valentine (the resident femme fatale) wields a gun or not.

Stretching your definition a bit Baccano! is a rumble of blood, action, crazy people fighting crazy people, and 1930's New York mafia awesomeness. Lots of gun fights is to be expected. The girls in the show don't use guns much though; they prefer knives and bombs.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:42   Link #5
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

If you're okay with men with guns your list is missing a major title in Cowboy Bebop. Guns 'n jazz in space with style to spare, an entire generation of Western anime fans swear by it. I don't recall if Faye Valentine (the resident femme fatale) wields a gun or not.
She does at a few points, but Spike really does most of the fighting (both hand-to-hand and shootouts with the occasional space dogfight) in the series.

In any case, I'll second Bebop as it's not lacking in gunplay action.
Old 2011-07-22, 22:49   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Huh... I can't think of any real pure gunslinger shows.

EDIT: Sigh... after I figured out how to get your anime list I discovered you'd seen most of my suggestions already.

I guess there is still Mami (flintlocks) and Homura (everything from pistols to machine guns) from Madoka Magica.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-07-22, 23:24   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

.... Gun X Sword?
Old 2011-07-22, 23:53   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Gungrave? GITS? Gunslinger Girl? Appleseed?
I want to recommend Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel), but that anime isn't good enough both storywise and actionwise.
Old 2011-07-22, 23:58   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you don't mind an older series, Wild Arms is pretty good.
Old 2011-07-23, 02:44   Link #10
Aesthetic Shampoo

You could try reading the manhwa Witch hunter. Gun fights not as badass when unanimated, but still.
Old 2011-07-23, 04:34   Link #11
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

@Elegance: seen both shows.
@GreatTeacherKen: Look great XD.
@Irenicus: Cowboy Bebop and Baccano! are indeed awesome but stupid me i forgot to add them to the list lol.
@MeoTwister5: seen.
@Obelisk ze Tormentor: Gits, seems pretty (for some reason i forgot about the series i only seen the movie) good thanks ^^. Also i actually loved Bakuretsu Tenshi :P.
@Guardian Enzo: another one i forgot to add to the list lol (i loved Wild Arms XD).
@Sunnythesun: sorry i'm not really into manga...

So anyway, some of the sugestion look really sweet, thank you all, but if someone knows more don't hesitate to share though XD.
Old 2011-07-23, 07:43   Link #12
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Might want to try Grenadier; it has the gunfights, and is very Trigun-ish, even though the story and animation(aside from the bullets-from-the-breast shots) is a bit on the average side.
Old 2011-07-24, 05:32   Link #13
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Seen Grenadier, its actually one of my favorite animes.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:03   Link #14
kamehameha

mix of martial arts and awesome gunfights = samurai champloo. Definitely worth watching, if you're looking for great detailed fights

I also found the fighting in Hakuouki superb
Old 2011-07-27, 05:16   Link #15
Niji

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Ihoranihoheto - has 1 char really proficient in guns. Some of the most fun gun action, though a guy not a girl. And main topic is samurai era (bakumatsu), where two magic swords get wielded.
Old 2011-07-29, 17:54   Link #16
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Seen those animes.

@Kamehameha: Hakuouki was all together superb imho it didn't deserve its low rating.
Old 2011-08-04, 22:22   Link #17
khouw

Valkyria Chronicles? --> war, action, history, romance
I really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles, though I don't know is the weapon the protagonist used in the end of story is a gun or not. Overall, IMO it has a good storyline.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:39   Link #18
barcode120x
NS

Gunslinger girl - girls, more like kiddie girls with guns but booyah, they ownz.

Gungrave - bad and huge azz guns with dudes with massive muscles and scars.

Of course I'm over exaggerating (Gunslinger girl has a really good plot and it's a bit touching if I had to say) a bit, but I recommend those two . The main dude in Vampire Knight uses guns, but IMO it's nothing major..except maybe towards the end in season 2.
Old 2011-08-21, 08:44   Link #19
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Desert Punk just fits the best here. I really recommend it. Females aren't protagonists here but they're right beside him so I think it's right up your alley.

P.S.
Also in every volume at the end author presents guns that have appeared in the manga and that characters wielded but if you want anime only then it's still a good recommendation.

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-08-21 at 09:09.
Old 2011-08-22, 23:02   Link #20
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
Shikabane Hime

Two others that might strike your interest.
Shikabane Hime are reanimated corpses kept sane through a contracted monk that keeps their regrets from devouring them. In return, Shikabane Hime hunt Shikabane, corpses who returned to life, fed by their dying regrets and devouring anything that stands in their way. The main heroine Makina, using two specialized handguns, strives to fight these Shikabane and in return put them back at rest so that she too, will be able to find rest and move onto heaven, her regrets gone.

Angel Beats!

Angel Beats! starts similarliy as the protagonist finds himself in an afterlife, a girl named Yuri holding out a gun to him, telling him to shoot an angel to prevent him from disappearing. Taking it as a joke, he approaches the angel, who nearly makes him vanish, before Yuri steps in and contracts the boy into her army to battle against the angel and any who may seek to erase them.