AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 20:06   Link #501
nanafan
horo fan

i started watching this then dropped because it's so long but picked it up again and i am addicted..watching one ep after another.. such a great show, and has eye candy.

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 20:37   Link #502
Vulcannis

Was the full version of the OP ever released? The only place I've seen it is the original soundtrack, and that's the TV version.

(Sorry if this was already answered, my search-fu failed me.)
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 11:35   Link #503
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Was the full version of the OP ever released? The only place I've seen it is the original soundtrack, and that's the TV version.

(Sorry if this was already answered, my search-fu failed me.)
it was released shortly after the series started. so tis out there somewhere ;-)
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 22:10   Link #504
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I didn't bother getting the subs and just got the first DVD dub and waiting for the rest to come. I must say that this anime is really nice. Hm, anybody got that special stuff that was included in the DVD? You know the one in a small box? What was in it anyway?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 09:54   Link #505
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I saw the DVD in BestBuy yesterday with the small box attached. I thought maybe it contained a (moldy) sweet bean bun.

Like Cyz, I'm curious what's in the box as well. Nowhere on the package are the contents revealed.

I've considered buying the DVDs for this series, but with the demise of Geneon USA, it's future is rather uncertain at the moment. I also like to wait for the thinpak, full-series releases. They're easier to store and seem cheaper than single DVDs. I will say I'd find it annoying if every time someone says "Kou Shurrei" in the Japanese soundtrack, the subtitle reads "Shurrei Hong." Perhaps if someone else picks up the license from Geneon this mindless butchery will cease.
Old 2008-09-27, 10:08   Link #506
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The first three DVDs from FUNimation will be released on October 7th. dvdpacific has them for < $15/disc. (Rightstuf has a special sale on Geneon items that makes them competitive for the moment.) I'm not sure what the "starter set" is; perhaps a box for the entire set like the original "Collector's edition?"

It was hard to determine how many episodes are on a disc, but I eventually found a list at FUNimation. Discs 1-3 will have five episodes each (15 total); discs 4-9 will have four (24 total). I don't know why they decided upon this since they could have fit all 39 episodes on eight discs if they stuck with five episodes per disc. Maybe to fill the later discs with special features? I only know of the two NHK shows, the one with Kuwashima Houko and Seki Tomokazu I mentioned above, and a later show with the main male cast discussing whom Shurrei would end up with. (Perhaps this show was aired in conjunction with season two? I can't really recall since it's been a while since I watched them.)

I might buy the first DVD to see if the horrid name changing described earlier on this page still holds true in the FUNimation re-release. If we're going to be seeing "Shurrei Hong" all the time, I won't be buying the rest of the discs until a thinpak is released, and then only because I feel an obligation to support NHK and Madhouse for producing this series.

As usual, I find Funi's flash-heavy web site a pain to navigate, but the main link is here. Of special interest to some might be the "recipe" link which tells you how to make Shurrei's manju, and a few wallpapers under "extras."

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-09-27 at 10:24.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:05   Link #507
Kirarakim

In case anyone is wondering the subtitles do still say Shuurei Hong. Yeah it is upsetting, I wouldn't have minded as much if they kept it for the dub but to hear them say Kou and then see Hong in the subs is pretty disconcerting.

Still the reason why it is still Hong is because Geneon is still in control of everything with this release except distribution is now in the hands of Funi. Although from what I heard it was someone on the Japanese side that decided this. Apparently they thought the American audience would be confused about the two different Kou houses. I think it's extremely stupid but what are you going to do?

I hope the Hong thing won't stop people from buying the series though. I know it sucks but it really doesn't change the story in any way. And call me selfish but I am really hoping the 2nd series will get licensed and that's not going to happen if the 1st season does not sell well. And I do think it is a great series that deserves the support.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 08:26   Link #508
carmolita

funi licensed season 2 of saiunkoku
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 08:32   Link #509
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I Really think that bad NEWS
Old 2008-11-19, 09:42   Link #510
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Your source, please?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:06   Link #511
Kirarakim

There is no license announcement but they requested the fansubs be removed from Crunchyroll. It might be a sign that they are thinking of licensing it but they could also just have done this on behalf of one of a company in Japan.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 13:27   Link #512
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to buy SaiMono season one from Funi at a reasonable price. I'd like it to come in around $100 total, but the pricing structure is making that difficult.

There appears to be a "The Story of Saiunkoku: Season 1, Part 2" just released on December 16th, and a forthcoming "Season 1, Part 3" due at the end of January. These last two sets cover episodes 17-39 at affordable prices ($35 for Part 2 at Rightstuf; $45 for Part 3). I just ordered Part 2 from them now; I'll wait for Part 3 to go on sale.

The problem is episodes 1-15. They are still released on three single discs as they were when Geneon held the license. That makes those episodes much more expensive than the ones in the new boxsets. You'd think they'd prefer to make a boxset of 1-15 and sell it below what they charge for the later boxes. That strategy would encourage people to try the show and get hooked. Instead they're making people pay more to start the series than to finish it. I wouldn't be surprised if this scheme was part of the deal between Funi and Geneon. Geneon may still get a share of Funi's revenues from the discs containing episodes 1-15 and refused to let them be boxed and discounted. Just speculating here, of course

I bought the first three discs with the "ender box" for $50 from an Amazon seller. Looks like we're breaking that $100 ceiling to finish the series. It'll probably work out to about $3 an episode when I'm done.
Old 2008-12-24, 15:47   Link #513
Tiran86

I watched this up to episode 16 or so. I liked it initially, but ever since 11, I've been losing interest, and will probably end up dropping it. Is there any must see episodes coming up that might get me back interested in the series or does it not really pick up?
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:19   Link #514
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I watched this up to episode 16 or so. I liked it initially, but ever since 11, I've been losing interest, and will probably end up dropping it. Is there any must see episodes coming up that might get me back interested in the series or does it not really pick up?
If you have already seen 16 episodes then you should know what it is about. There is no "OMG!" incredible plot twist at episode 20 that will blow your mind. I loved the first 16 episodes and there was no chance of the show losing my attention, but obviously it is different for you. The rest of the show continues to develop the themes and characters introduced in the first 16 episodes. A few new characters or plots get introduced and developed, but nothing that will make you gape in blantant astonishment at the brilliance of how a 20 episode set up can be used to twist your preconceptions.

Does it pick up? Heck, I don't think it ever dropped off within those first 16 episodes. At about episode 38 it drops off, but I promise it picks up again around episode 13 of the second season.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 02:24   Link #515
Tiran86

Hmm. Well, its not bad I just don't think it'll keep my interest through 78 episodes. Oh well.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:16   Link #516
FireChick

I have a question. What is the name of the blue-green haired little boy that kinda looks like Allelujah (from Gundam 00)? Just wondering, cuz' he's SO CUTE!!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 02:22   Link #517
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
^ you mean To, Eigetsu ?
Old 2009-02-02, 15:30   Link #518
FireChick

That's him! Yes! Thanks! He so cute!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:11   Link #519
FuzzyWuzzy

The anime is very straight forward lol. The villains have very revealing aesthetic flaws. Some are old, some look ugly, some have wrinkles, etc. Most good guys have no wrinkles, and have long beautiful hair.

I'm only at episode 24 though. It's an entertaining anime.
Old 2009-09-29, 09:21   Link #520
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As Eliza Doolittle might say, "Just you wait, FuzzyWuzzy, just you wait!"

Sa Sakujun will be along soon to dispel this simple correlation between appearance and character.

On an unrelated note, I was saddened to see that the scripts for this series are no longer available from We Suck. I hate the whole Kou/Hong business on the Geneon discs and was hoping to use the scripts to overlay the We Suck subs onto the R1 DVDs. I probably have the subs lying around somewhere on a DVD, but as I recall all the season one episodes were hardsubbed.

Oh, and for those of you who have yet to buy this series, the complete season one will be released on October 6th for a little over $50. That'll teach me to buy a season before the complete boxset is released ever again!

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-09-29 at 10:18.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse