AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Meer VS Lacus
Meer 94 30.92%
Lacus 210 69.08%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-08, 11:44   Link #81
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Meer wins because she has bigger boobs and her character is not as boring as Lacus. Lacus's character is so boring, seriously, she's always serious... no fun at all...^^ sometimes it's good to have an energetic girl around... don't you think?

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 12:37   Link #82
tritoch

Seems Lacus lose this one.

So I choose Lacus cause she's well.. purrfect.
Old 2006-06-10, 00:01   Link #83
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Wow this thing revived...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 00:04   Link #84
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
Meer wins because she has bigger boobs and her character is not as boring as Lacus. Lacus's character is so boring, seriously, she's always serious... no fun at all...^^ sometimes it's good to have an energetic girl around... don't you think?
Speaking of boobs, the left girl in your sig has her nipple showing.
Old 2006-06-10, 01:35   Link #85
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Here, let me simplify this flame war so you guys don't have to read all of it:

MEJEJRFAFNFDSLAJCDFSEFTW!!

That is how much sense you can make out of it.

Btw, there is a secret message in this post. Can you find it?
ScytheBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 10:22   Link #86
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Meer Fans FTW?

Old 2006-06-11, 10:36   Link #87
Demongod86

Meer and Lacus FTW?
Old 2006-06-11, 21:29   Link #88
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Meer and Lacus FTW?
Try again, there is no 'u' in the letters provided. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 23:27   Link #89
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Try again, there is no 'u' in the letters provided. >.>
Meer and Lacs Fans FTW?
Old 2006-06-12, 00:39   Link #90
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Meer and Lacs Fans FTW?
Meer and Lacs FTW!
ScytheBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 00:46   Link #91
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03

The Archangel "Onsen" scene between Lacus and Cagalli was fun.
Old 2006-06-12, 05:23   Link #92
otacu
Flag forever

Given i have to judge based on GSD it's pretty clear who is the best: Meer. But she is helped by the fact that Lacus is really a cheap character.

The simple fact of her being perfect is already a big flaw for Lacus's character and makes her a really flat character. It was already discussed why Lacus is a unrealistic and unbelievable character who (at the age of 18) is able to defeat ZAFT for no apparent reason except:
- She has all the ace pilots to fight for her (except Shin, Rey .... and Lunamaria? Oh well) and for incredibly stupid reasons she even gets 3 veteran pilots out of nowhere at the end (It was not enough to have Jesus to fight for her)
- Dulindal carefully planned ahead in the past year the war and developments to make the Destiny plan acceptable to the world.... Lacus out of nowhere open her mouth and Dullindal is defeated

Lacus:
- No character development (but ... well it's impossible to have development if you are already perfect from the start)
- No real action. Well, she did nothing until the last battle. First she stayed at the orphanage and then she went in space. Then for some oscure reasons (read: Fukuda) she understand that Gil is bad and Destiny plan is evil.
Saying Lacus is a complex character is at least funny. It's more a delusion: "I like Lacus so i want to believe she is complex".

On the other hand we have Meer who shows us emotions, character development and enteraining scenes. A character who made mistakes and had flaws but in the end tried to change and improve herself. Epic scene when she is under the rain with Athrun.

I'm not surprised by the outcome of the poll since Lacus has a very large fanboyism base thanks to her convenient perfection at such a young age. Oh well at least Meer is doing good against PPP (Perfect Pink Princess).
otacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 12:56   Link #93
Demongod86

Yes, Lacus has two ace pilots...except for another two! Hurrah, what a point!
Old 2006-06-12, 13:46   Link #94
tritoch

Quote:
- No real action. Well, she did nothing until the last battle. First she stayed at the orphanage and then she went in space. Then for some obscure reasons (read: Fukuda) she understand that Gil is bad and Destiny plan is evil.
Dullindal had Lacus assassinated, manipulated people and soldiers alike and used a superweapon against those who oppose the "destiny plan." It was pretty clear where Dullindal was headed after ep 37.

Don't blame it all on Lacus. Everyone was doubting Gil. Targeting Lacus like that is just plain wrong.

edit: I wanted to make a parody of the dialogue between Shinn Athrun and Gil.

Athrun: It's not RED?
Gil: gomen..
Athrun shows the shocked face and glared at Gil.

Last edited by tritoch; 2006-06-12 at 15:30.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 00:06   Link #95
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Talking

Sry, wrong post!! Now, what does Meer and Lacus FTW mean again? I don't get it and i don't think i'm the only one... To get back to the thread, I think that I would rather have a one or two or three night stand LOL with Mia. But, I would like to live with Lacus like forever. I don't know about you guys but she's so adorable that I don't even care that her character isn't developing fast enough. Just enjoy falling asleep with my head resting against Lacus, listenin' to her sing me a lullaby LOL.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-06-14 at 05:35.
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 12:54   Link #96
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I think what Scythe's trying to say is that he likes both of them, so he voted for neither...:P

Old 2006-06-13, 18:01   Link #97
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Dullindal had Lacus assassinated, manipulated people and soldiers alike and used a superweapon against those who oppose the "destiny plan." It was pretty clear where Dullindal was headed after ep 37.
Except that she seem to decide that Dullindal had to be "stopped" before the superweapon every came up at all. And the last I checked, manipulation is pretty much a thing you would expect from a politician. Much less from a person trying to put into existence something that never has existed in the past.
Quote:
Don't blame it all on Lacus. Everyone was doubting Gil. Targeting Lacus like that is just plain wrong.
Or simply a necessity in terms of knowing that unless you do exactly what she wants that you will end up six feet under. Interesting how the possibility that the occurence of something you consider bad can actually have a positive result completely escapes you. Cause believe it or not, what you consider just plain wrong doesn't really equate to absolutely evil.

But anyway, I guess I would vote for Meer. The way she twirled after getting shot alone makes her more interesting.
Old 2006-06-13, 18:26   Link #98
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I personally like Lacus better. But not to say Meer isn't an interesting character of anything...after all, how often do you get a person who steals the life of an established character and seemingly has everything she ever wanted, only to find out that she's really this sad and kinda lonely little girl underneath it all?

BTW, I stand by the fact that Athrun WOULD HAVE gotten together with Meer had she lived. But can you imagine what the power of Double Pink Princess Dust would do to Kira and Athrun's Gundams...?

They'd be like, RahXephon powerful. XENOGEARS powerful.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:12   Link #99
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Heaven forbid if Strike Freedom suddenly spouts Big Bangs.

Old 2006-08-07, 12:33   Link #100
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Red face

I like Lacus better cause she is so kind and adorable. Although I like Mia's fast paced songs more I would like to spend more time with Lacus. I would rather give my life for her than Mia.
frok is offline   Reply With Quote