AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 22:52   Link #1
Trevor1st93

Send a message via AIM to Trevor1st93 Send a message via MSN to Trevor1st93 Send a message via Yahoo to Trevor1st93
New Manga and Anime help!

The manga I'm currently reading are:

Rave Master
SGT. Frog
Tenchi Muyo
Hikaru No Go

The anime I'm currently collecting is:

Tenchi Muyo
Inuyasha
Full Metal Panic

I would like some good suggestions for new anime. I like action anime with comedy and a bit of romance. Comedy is a MUST! Any suggestions?

EDIT: The reason I have so little anime and manga is because I'm poor. But if you suggest a good anime or manga I would be able to spare a few bucks for it.
Old 2006-04-17, 23:07   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

hm well if your gona start with fansubs, i think FMP season 2 is still available.

you should check out mahoraba also, you will like it i bet.

you will probably like mai otome.

have u been watching one piece on cartoon network?

i dont recommend you buy any manga unless you are 100% positive u like it. take a few minutes in store to read it, they get expensive at 10$ a pop for 8 volumes.
Old 2006-04-17, 23:27   Link #3
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Fate/stay night
Shakugan no shana
Bleach
Peacemaker- very light romance, alot of comedy but. Check out my sig, and the the peacemaker link below it, if you want check out the latest one.
info at www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia
Old 2006-04-18, 00:44   Link #4
miaka

I second with Bleach both anime and manga.
To add more in your list
Black cat - also has a mixure of comedy and action adventure
Full metal alchemist - eventhough it has a dark plot and lots of action, it can still fit in comedy category.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:14   Link #5
Trevor1st93

Send a message via AIM to Trevor1st93 Send a message via MSN to Trevor1st93 Send a message via Yahoo to Trevor1st93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
hm well if your gona start with fansubs, i think FMP season 2 is still available.

you should check out mahoraba also, you will like it i bet.

you will probably like mai otome.

have u been watching one piece on cartoon network?

i dont recommend you buy any manga unless you are 100% positive u like it. take a few minutes in store to read it, they get expensive at 10$ a pop for 8 volumes.
Are you talking about FMP: Fumoffu? I've seen that, wasn't too great of an anime but made up for it with the humor. I've heard about there being a new FMP called The Second Raid in Japan but I haven't heard anything about it being released it America.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:29   Link #6
pinomustfly

Kage Kara Mamoru is a very fun anime. It's being subbed by two groups at the moment. You should check out the first episodes.
Old 2006-04-18, 10:06   Link #7
Trevor1st93

Well, I've looked at all of these anime you've reccomended and I think I've decided on Mahoraba and Bleach. I looked on Ebay for those two anime but I couldn't find any that had English voice actors. I'm guessing they haven't released them in America yet...
Old 2006-04-18, 10:12   Link #8
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor1st93
Well, I've looked at all of these anime you've reccomended and I think I've decided on Mahoraba and Bleach. I looked on Ebay for those two anime but I couldn't find any that had English voice actors. I'm guessing they haven't released them in America yet...

I'm surprised you can bear to watch Inuyasha in english.
Old 2006-04-18, 10:43   Link #9
Trevor1st93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat

I'm surprised you can bear to watch Inuyasha in english.
Well, I'm not too keen on Inuyasha anymore. I think it's gotten a bit too childish for my liking. If only I didn't pay $70 for the first two seasons... Waste of money now.
Old 2006-04-18, 22:11   Link #10
Trevor1st93

Is the SGT. Frog anime worth a shot?
Closed Thread