AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-11, 21:22   Link #1
kuro_neko

Mashiro Diamond

don't read unless you have finished My Otome
Spoiler for Mashiro Diamond:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-11 at 21:59.
Old 2006-04-11, 21:59   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]Nina is pregnant.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:

Hope that helps. Cheers.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:55   Link #3
kazekiri

I'm wondering that myself and I don't have a clue.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-12, 17:20   Link #4
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Founders have to be Otome's who became mothers. That is explicitely stated in the anime. The only two Founders in the series are Fumi and Rena Sayers. So both of them were Otomes who "retired" to live a normal life and have kids. Somehow the process of becoming a mother must change an Otome(in a different way than just having sex) fundamentally, which allows GEMs to be created from their DNA. Unfortunately, none of this is clearly elaborated on in the series.

Anyway, since that is the case, we must assume that Fumi was a prototype with a gem which was created from some other means. We can also assume that eventually she decided to give up fighting and settle down. The question is then, when exactly did she become the founder? Is it possible that they started using her DNA to create GEMs even when she was still alive? Or did they wait until she was dead. If it was the latter, then that means there must have been a brief period of time where there were no Otomes after Fumi retired.

Most likely, since Fumi stopped the war, there wasn't an immediate need. However, after she died, it probably became necessary to create more Otomes. It was probably during this time that someone got a hold of the Mashiro Diamond, and probably kept it safeguarded. How exactly it became corrupt, I don't know. Most likely it was used as the base of Slave Technology. If you remember, Rena Sayers' corpse was being used to fuel the creation of slaves, so maybe the same applied to Fumi's GEM.

I dunno, just a bunch of random speculation on my part.
Old 2006-04-12, 18:33   Link #5
AssistantArinkoBully

The body itself is required to create slaves not the GEM. If fumi was used to create slaves the Garderope can easily turn them off since they have access to Fumi's body.

The most likely explaination is that at the moment of Fumi's death she realises the world did not change because of her. Instead of people fighting people now it the lives of girls that chose to become otome will be sacrefied on the alter of ambition.... all thanks to her. The despair she felt at that is probably what turned the True White Dimond black.
Closed Thread