AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-30, 23:19   Link #301
JoGi86

It's 06:08 AM here...
I instaled it at about ~8 PM yesterday.

I just realized that i've been playing 10 hours straight when my alarm clock rang...

Seriously... one of the best games i played recently...

(Still... i feel kinda sad when i think how many games like this are translated, compared to ammount of great games that come out in Japan every year... )
JoGi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 10:35   Link #302
sesq

Hello,
I've played ever17 once but i get boren in 70% of game... i find out that this game ends really good, and i feel it good now.
I want to play it again, witch ending/route is the best, you liked the most ?
sesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 10:51   Link #303
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
the answer will be probably the same for most players : Coco's Route all the way!
however, you must finish the 4 previous routes before. (so, Tsugumi, Sora, You and Sara).

that route aside, i would say Tsugumi's route was the most interesting among the 4, while sara's was the lackluster (this is really a waste considering her potential ~~)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 12:35   Link #304
sesq

when i finish Tsugumi route, i will play the next then, but do i need to play all game again ? there will be the same scenes ?
sesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 12:38   Link #305
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

you will have to get back from the start, and take a different path with the choices you didn't pick (actually, the game hightlight in blue the answers you already tried).
The 2 routes for Takeshi and Shounen are the same, except the specific scenes between the hero and the girl of the route you took.

However, you can use the fast foward feature on scenes you already went through.
Old 2007-06-05, 01:44   Link #306
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

it should be adviced that for Coco's route, you should go over both Takeshi and the Kid's first two days just to get a better picture of the entire story.

another interesting point i don't know wheter has been brought up. I think it's about E17's release time when all the ADV games start to draw protagonist's face instead of just "leave it to players' imagination". I personally dislike the logic where not showing "my" face would actually make me more into the story; but anyhow that's the way they generally do with games of this genre (such as Never 7, Yume no Tsubasa, Memories Off 1/2 etc).

So in E17 prologue, the player gets to see both Takeshi and the Kid's faces, which turn out to be a deception later in game. But the image of the brown hair college dude and hoodie-wearing teen's image burned into our heads and whenever they speak, we are imagining their faces speaking instead of... well, something else totally unknown.

perhaps it's just my pet peeve, but i have to say E17 satisfied both practices.
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 23:14   Link #307
Danalm
PS and Ai addicted

i could finish the whole game but i missed only a image T_T so i repassed the whole game

Spoiler for cough:

but its a good game, great story
Danalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:04   Link #308
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalm View Post
i could finish the whole game but i missed only a image T_T so i repassed the whole game

Spoiler for cough:

but its a good game, great story
Ehm, did you really play the game? I mean that should be pretty obvious if you played it
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:50   Link #309
FireBend

Yeah, man... Like Cure doesn't let the host age....
FireBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:55   Link #310
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

you didn't understand his question.
Spoiler for coco's path spoiler, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE GAME:
Old 2007-06-08, 22:57   Link #311
Vikitehwaffu

Yeah, in high school it happens all the time.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 22:21   Link #312
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For the translated version, do they still have the Japanese voices?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 00:48   Link #313
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I would like to dedicate this post to crazy Skyfall who is trying to get me play this game. So far I've successfully resisted by reaching a compromise by I agreeing to play Planetarian.

Yay! I reigstered a post in a game thread. *sorry* -_-
Old 2007-06-21, 02:05   Link #314
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yep. Hirameki has never dubbed any of its releases in English.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 19:19   Link #315
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Dubbing any visual novel is like a sucide.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 15:11   Link #316
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I just finished playing(reading?) trough Tsugumi's route (both the good and the bad) , and i must say i am very impressed with the story. With my luck the first thing i got was the bad end ofc .
Spoiler:

Then being as stubborn as i am i plowed through the game again, and managed to get her good ending.
Spoiler:

That aside - one little thing(mistake?) i noticed - when the life reaction counter starts to change numbers and eventually settles on 6 ... every one assumes it to be the correct number, because there are 6 of them ... but - Sora isn't supposed to be shown there, is she ? While it is understandable why others would overlook the fact (as it was not explained at that point yet), You and Sora (especially Sora herself) should have realized the fact, no? Though i expect the mystery behind the life readings to be answered in other paths, i think the "normal" number they should be seeing is "5". not "6", and Sora definitely should be aware of the fact... unless she is ignoring it on purpose... or that thing was picking up Pipi (btw, my suspicion levels of that little puppy went trough the roof once he brought the orange serum for the second time).

... that aside, i am about to tackle one of Kid's storylines ... i suspect i will aim for Sara (despite the fact that i haven't seen her yet ) ... why was she left out when you play as Takeshi anyway?

Ah well ...time to read some more - i am very eager to learn the whole story ... will post my thoughts about the whole thing once i am done ... but i expect them to be very positive

On a side note - i am in love with the OP, both the song and the visuals going along with it.
Old 2007-06-25, 15:44   Link #317
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Well, you know skyfall : tsugumi's route is the HARDEST one in Ever17 ^^"
you have almost no margin for any mistake or whatsoever. even when you are currently in her route, with "chami incident", you still have a good chance to end on the bad end.
Except maybe coco's path, the rest should be a walk in the parc ^^

as for the good ending, i guess any player would say the same thing. i personally curse the scripters about this, and it isn't the last "OMG WTF?!" ending you will got

as for the "6", you have to finish the game completely to understand this "inconsistency". it isn't a mistake, but rather, a "genius" detail the scripters have done here.

as for Sara, this is the same reason why you don't see coco on kid's routes ^^
keep going, you will understand soon. however, i'm suggesting you to finish both takeshi's routes before kid's routes. in fact, this order is pretty much better, since the hints don't conflicting too much :
Tsugumi => Sora => You => Sara
Old 2007-06-25, 16:37   Link #318
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hardest one, eh? Guess that means i was lucky when i got her good end on the second try I just tried to be maximally nice to her whenever possible. (Though go figure what she would perceive as "nice" behavior ). That said - i think i like Tsugumi the most of the cast

Yea, i figured there is going to be an answer behind the "6" ... the fact i find strange is not the 6 itself (seeing that this is a mystery and all ), but the fact that Sora doesn't notice it (or pretends not to notice it). Oh well ... i guess i will get my answer sooner or later.

As for the routes ... well, i thought i would go for one of the kid's routes because i just have sat trough Takeshi's route twice already, and am itching for some new dialogue ... i suspect that a very good part of Sora's route has the same dialogue as Tsugumi's route. That route order ... how much would i "lose" should i go Tsugumi -> Sara -> Sora -> You ? As you can see, i intended to mix Takeshi/Kid, so i wouldn't have to play the same guy twice in a row. (Which i will end up doing anyway, since i intend to get both the good ends and the bad ends for all characters.). And i am not very fond of the idea about constantly using the "jump to next selection" either

No Coco in Kid's routes? (Kinda weird, as it seemed Kid was much closer to Coco than Takeshi, so i assumed she would definitely be in his route )Hm... does that mean i can tackle Coco's route only as Takeshi? (Once the route gets unlocked ofc... as far as i have gathered, you need to get all of the good endings first, right?)

Thanks for the info
Old 2007-06-25, 17:14   Link #319
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hardest one, eh? Guess that means i was lucky when i got her good end on the second try I just tried to be maximally nice to her whenever possible. (Though go figure what she would perceive as "nice" behavior ). That said - i think i like Tsugumi the most of the cast
Bingo... our fair lady is kinda... unpredictable.
as for example : some "nice answers" are more like "flag minus" with her. (just think about the "try to run away" or "wash your hair" thing )

oh, and welcome in the club : Tsugumi is also my favourite ever17 char ^^
and if you already like her, things will be even better later
Quote:
Yea, i figured there is going to be an answer behind the "6" ... the fact i find strange is not the 6 itself (seeing that this is a mystery and all ), but the fact that Sora doesn't notice it (or pretends not to notice it). Oh well ... i guess i will get my answer sooner or later.
Humm, if this is what you are wondering, i can give you a hint : You explained it to Takeshi. you (skyfall heh XD) might have missed this scene. (or maybe it was in coco's route? gah, i don't remember quite well of this)
Quote:
As for the routes ... well, i thought i would go for one of the kid's routes because i just have sat trough Takeshi's route twice already, and am itching for some new dialogue ...
don't even mention this... i got the same situation : twice taskeshi, with both depressing ends. but seriously, it would be like watching higurashi, watching directly himatsubushi, without the 3 previous chapters ^^"

Quote:
i suspect that a very good part of Sora's route has the same dialogue as Tsugumi's route. That route order ... how much would i "lose" should i go Tsugumi -> Sara -> Sora -> You ? As you can see, i intended to mix Takeshi/Kid, so i wouldn't have to play the same guy twice in a row. (Which i will end up doing anyway, since i intend to get both the good ends and the bad ends for all characters.). And i am not very fond of the idea about constantly using the "jump to next selection" either
well, it isn't a bad idea either.
however, it doesn't give you enough material to compare directly what is different between Takeshi's and Kid's routes (it really sound like higurashi some times )

another convenient point : Sora's bad end is the same as Tsugumi's bad end. (you can see this on the extra option).
the scene is the same for both (this is one of the few negative points i would give to ever17).
thus, if you go to sora, you will only do takeshi's route once, except if you are awfully unlucky ^^"
Quote:
No Coco in Kid's routes? (Kinda weird, as it seemed Kid was much closer to Coco than Takeshi, so i assumed she would definitely be in his route )Hm... does that mean i can tackle Coco's route only as Takeshi? (Once the route gets unlocked ofc... as far as i have gathered, you need to get all of the good endings first, right?)
No, you can go to Coco's route with Kid's Perspective.
in fact, getting on her route with Kid is much more natural than with Takeshi.
both perspetive will merge somehow, you will see

and yes, you have to complete the 4 good ending, before you can get on coco's route.
in fact, various additional choice will be available on either Takeshi's route and Kid's route.
be careful though : if you miss any starting choices with coco's (i think it is like 4-5), you will be instantly "kicked out", and you will be on regular routes.
There isn't any bad end for coco's route, only the true end.
Old 2007-06-25, 21:48   Link #320
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
With my luck the first thing i got was the bad end ofc .
It has nothing to do with luck - everyone gets bad ending first.
I suggest you go finish the game 100% and then go back and read this whole thread as everything you noticed has already been discussed here :s
4as is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel