AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-04, 02:29   Link #761
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I'm not sure if Ever 17 was a hit in Japan, but the fact that its the second of four games in a franchise and recently got a PSP port would tend to suggest that it wasn't a flop either.
Well, it's company went bankrupt. And its two main series were Memories Off and the Infinity Series. The Memories Off series have continued since the company's demise. So I doubt the Infinity games(which are pretty similar to each other in nature) were THAT popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
It can ONLY work in FPP, so it not a question "would it work" - it HAS to work that way. How good it would turned out later however is an another matter.

It is the closest thing that comes to mind. They are similar, but Ever17 movie would require a completely new approach.
And you dont really have to say anything, we already know that Ever17's story is hard to adopt. Being skeptic is easy but it doesnt help, so instead try to exercise that brain muscle of yours and come up with better ideas.
Truthfully, I can come up with the most brilliant concept to animate Ever 17 and it won't matter. Since I don't actually have the capability of influencing anyone who makes these decisions.

I was just point out a possible reason as to why there are no anime/manga/OVAs. Because it seems very logical that the trick used in the game doesn't work well through other mediums.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 03:22   Link #762
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Well, it's company went bankrupt. And its two main series were Memories Off and the Infinity Series. The Memories Off series have continued since the company's demise. So I doubt the Infinity games(which are pretty similar to each other in nature) were THAT popular.
From the info I can find, the most recent original (non-port) releases in both series are both post-bankruptcy titles, having been released in 2008. And the PS2 version of the fourth Infinity game was the third best selling Japanese PS2 title the week it launched. Considering that I never implied that these games were Key level popular or anything, I think my point stands.

Considering the number of visual novel adaptations released the past few years I'd tend to say that popularity isn't the reason why we haven't seen an adaptation. I suspect the amount of time since the game was released and the difficulties that would be involved in adapting the game's story are the main reasons nobody has tried adapting it.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 07:36   Link #763
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Truthfully, I can come up with the most brilliant concept to animate Ever 17 and it won't matter. Since I don't actually have the capability of influencing anyone who makes these decisions.
Oh come on, no one here (probably) does, we are doing this for good ol' "fun". And theres always a chance that some yet-to-be-discovered genius director is lurking here, that will take those hints to his heart and create masterpiece called "Ever17 movie" in the future.
Yeah, those chances are slime, but still infinitely higher than no taking them at all.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 08:21   Link #764
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Oh come on, no one here (probably) does, we are doing this for good ol' "fun". And theres always a chance that some yet-to-be-discovered genius director is lurking here, that will take those hints to his heart and create masterpiece called "Ever17 movie" in the future.
Yeah, those chances are slime, but still infinitely higher than no taking them at all.
I don't think a genius director'd need or want our input to make it happen, they're geniuses after all. But yes, for "fun"
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 15:56   Link #765
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I've just finished this VN. What can i say it certainly has one of the most interesting plot i've seen in a story, it was very well made and untill Coco's path it is very hard to understand all the various mysteries.

Spoiler for plot:


Spoiler for Possible Anime rendition:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 16:26   Link #766
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
Spoiler for up to coco's arc:


Regarding the plotholes, I'm sorry I played the game about 2-3 years ago, I'm not confident enough to answer them without any possible contradiction . If no one comes and answers, I shall try to a bit later though.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-05 at 16:48. Reason: forgot spoiler
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 17:08   Link #767
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Plotholes? o_O
Jan-Poo, you of course didint read the whole topic, did you ? :/
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 17:41   Link #768
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
39 pages are long to read. Mind to explain?
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:01   Link #769
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
cmon 4as at last we're sortta getting back on topic :P
uh as to why IBF was left alone for those 17 years: i think it was as it was ground zero for a deadly pandemic no one was terribly burdened to go back and re-release/get infected and therefore it was just kinda- ignored. on those routes IBF also managed not to get imploded somehow
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:24   Link #770
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Not really satisfying ^^;

Spoiler for ever17:
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-05 at 19:18.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:12   Link #771
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for ever17:
Spoiler for Major spoiler for whole game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
39 pages are long to read. Mind to explain?
You're not the first person to post those questions.
Ever person who had finished playing Ever17 comes here posts 2 questions (out of ~10 typical ones) that were already explained - do we really have to go over it again for each person ? :/ Read the whole topic and THAN ask (if you will have any) questions >_>
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:46   Link #772
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
i just had a thought..
Spoiler for cure:
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 07:30   Link #773
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for Major spoiler for whole game:



You're not the first person to post those questions.
Ever person who had finished playing Ever17 comes here posts 2 questions (out of ~10 typical ones) that were already explained - do we really have to go over it again for each person ? :/ Read the whole topic and THAN ask (if you will have any) questions >_>
Spoiler for Spoiler:


You ask for the impossible, i'm not going to read 39 pages only to find out that there isn't any answer to those problems. I've read the first 10 pages and a search didn't yeld any satisfactory result. If you don't want to repeat yourself you can make a link to the post that according to you the same question has been answered already.
By the way my initial post wasn't really a request for an answer, rather I said that there were several plot holes. I documented myself enough to be rather sure that those things were not explained anywhere. Of course I might be wrong, but it's not like I was asking for a debate. Rather it's you that have a problem with what i said. I'm all open for a discussion but why are you complaining for something you started yourself?
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-06 at 09:34.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 09:32   Link #774
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Spoiler for major spoiler for the whole game:


Look, to supple the details, I would also need to search this thread, however it is YOU who want answers, yet you are too lazy to look them up yourself. I dont really want to do that work for you.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 09:49   Link #775
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
You got me wrong 4as i wasn't asking for answers i was merely giving my own opinion about this game and of course this mean telling the pros i found and the cons. The cons is that there are some plot holes in the story. I don't think i got something wrong or that i missed something.

It's you who think I did.

I'm not expecting any answer because i don't think there is any. Of course you can try to prove i'm wrong, but that's up to you.

Spoiler for major spoilers:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 10:01   Link #776
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for major spoiler for the whole game:


Look, to supple the details, I would also need to search this thread, however it is YOU who want answers, yet you are too lazy to look them up yourself. I dont really want to do that work for you.
I'm sorry, but have you ever tried to USE the search function on this board? I just tried to do a search just out of curiosity, and it was a load of worthless posts that barely filters out anything. You really need some incredibly unique search term to narrow these things down.

To be honest, if it really is as easy to search for the right post as you say, you should be able to find the posts and link them yourself in less time than it takes for you to belittle someone else. It's kind of ironic that you're spending more time doing nothing than it would be for you to actually help.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 12:05   Link #777
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for major spoilers:
Spoiler for major spoilers:


Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
To be honest, if it really is as easy to search for the right post as you say, you should be able to find the posts and link them yourself in less time than it takes for you to belittle someone else. It's kind of ironic that you're spending more time doing nothing than it would be for you to actually help.
Im not telling him to use the Search function, im telling him to read the whole thread. If Searching would be that easy, I wouldnt call it a "work".
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 14:52   Link #778
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for major spoilers:
Spoiler for ending:
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-06 at 15:13.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 17:13   Link #779
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for major spoilers:
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 18:55   Link #780
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Spoiler for ending:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.