AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 13:53   Link #1101
Terri87

Spoiler for plot holes:
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 15:46   Link #1102
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, sorry. Well, let's see...

Spoiler for Ever17 endings:

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-04-24 at 19:29.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 02:31   Link #1103
Terri87

Very interesting, it is good to see that the other endings were not forgotten. IŽll just add a few things.
Spoiler for Endings:
Old 2010-04-25, 08:00   Link #1104
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Spoiler for Endings:

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-04-25 at 08:15.
Old 2010-04-25, 09:34   Link #1105
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Spoiler for Endings:
Old 2010-04-26, 23:40   Link #1106
Terri87

Something just came into my mind.
Spoiler for plot holes:
Old 2010-04-27, 00:20   Link #1107
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
Something just came into my mind.
Spoiler for plot holes:
Spoiler for Plot holes:
Old 2010-06-10, 02:41   Link #1108
Terri87

After rereading the 2035 drama cd something just occurred to me.
Spoiler for plot holes:
Old 2010-06-10, 09:03   Link #1109
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
After rereading the 2035 drama cd something just occurred to me.
Spoiler for plot holes:
I'm not sure that's actually it.
Spoiler for 2035:
Old 2010-06-10, 18:57   Link #1110
xBTAx

I want to thank you guys for something- I've been trying to find this game for a while now (I'd guess at least a year and a half). I had seen HobbyList sell them... and never got a copy in time. I found another site selling them, but it turned out they were out of stock, even though they listed (and still do, 6 months later) it as in stock on their site.

Anyway, seeing this thread pop up again made me go looking... and I finally found someone selling it on eBay. I've already purchased it, and I can't wait to play it! (And if anyone else has been looking, there appears to be a copy left)

Thanks again, guys.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:29   Link #1111
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

You're welcome. It's always a pleasure to see someone else discovering this amazing game and actually finding a copy of it.
Old 2010-06-10, 21:38   Link #1112
Tokimemofan

I am the one selling these... Guess I should have posted a link here a month ago. I am including the patch with both copies.
Edit: the second one just sold. thanks for looking

Last edited by Tokimemofan; 2010-06-11 at 17:15.
Tokimemofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 21:21   Link #1113
Terri87

Enjoy the game. Its a purchase you wonŽt regret.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:35   Link #1114
Matt122005

Hello guys, I thought I'd peak my head in and just say hi.

Ever 17 was my first visual novel experience (from several years ago). I can happily say that I have never had a game of any kind impress me more than this one. It's execution of story, mystery and characters were sheer genius. The twist at the ending was splendid, as well as the thought and effort put into the science.

And the fact that there is still an active thread for this completed game proves how good it truly is.

I'm currently looking forward to playing the fan translation of Remember 11. Is there a specific thread for that game already, or does that conversation stay within this thread?
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 10:12   Link #1115
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The conversation has stayed in this thread so far. An individual thread may come out when the fan translation is complete, which should be within this month or the next.

BTW, I totally agree with you: despite the fact I've played many other great VNs so far, Ever17 remains my favorite, and I suspect it will for a long time.
Old 2010-06-13, 00:50   Link #1116
ameskitty
Kupo

Urgh, I have heard so many things about how this novel is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm far too late to the party to be able to get a hold of it. And, of course, I'm not interested in giving some extortionist $100+ on Amazon .

Luckily, I can read Japanese with a kanji dictionary if I have to (although I'm slow and will probably procrastinate unless I read it all in one shot :/), so does anybody know where I can purchase the Japanese 2008 PC edition? I've checked the "usual suspects", and I do see it on Amazon.co.jp, but they don't ship PC games outside of Japan and I'd prefer to avoid using a deputy service if at all possible.

If not I'll just have to suck it up and give the deputy service a try - it's apparently worth it .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 02:23   Link #1117
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Urgh, I have heard so many things about how this novel is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm far too late to the party to be able to get a hold of it. And, of course, I'm not interested in giving some extortionist $100+ on Amazon .

Luckily, I can read Japanese with a kanji dictionary if I have to (although I'm slow and will probably procrastinate unless I read it all in one shot :/), so does anybody know where I can purchase the Japanese 2008 PC edition? I've checked the "usual suspects", and I do see it on Amazon.co.jp, but they don't ship PC games outside of Japan and I'd prefer to avoid using a deputy service if at all possible.

If not I'll just have to suck it up and give the deputy service a try - it's apparently worth it .
Um... there are a lot of scientific and scientific theory terms and such used. I think using a dictionary will prove more difficult than you imagine.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 06:34   Link #1118
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Um... there are a lot of scientific and scientific theory terms and such used. I think using a dictionary will prove more difficult than you imagine.
Quite true. There's simply so many science terms hanging around in Japanese that if you want to actually understand all of them, it could take you a very long time. When I was translating the Drama CDs for this game, it took me a long time just to figure out several important medical terms. And since that was just an hour long CD, it could be much more worse for you when playing this 40+ hour game.

The translation for this game is alright. There's quite a few typos and some other mistakes, but all of the scientific terms have been properly translated.

Copies of this game in English still exist, but they're ridiculously expensive, so even though I'm normally against it, I'd recommend pirating the game. Hirameki's out of business, so it's not like they can do anything to complain.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-06-13 at 06:45.
Old 2010-06-13, 13:53   Link #1119
ameskitty
Kupo

Oy, really :/? I'd be willing to try (especially since I'm actually using the extremely nifty Rikaichan hover dictionary and not just searching for everything...that would be frustrating), but now that I think about it Ever17 would be a lot longer than any of the other games I've read this way. And nothing I've read has ever been "scientific" in any way.

I'd much rather purchase it in some way, but I guess I could always buy the Japanese edition and, erm, "patch" it with the English edition. So I'm still wondering if anybody can think of an importer shop that I might be missing.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 10:31   Link #1120
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Thinking back on ever 17, I can't help but feel that the writers essentially 'cheated' in the last path.

Spoiler for final path:

Tags
visual novel