AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-14, 11:35   Link #1121
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Thinking back on ever 17, I can't help but feel that the writers essentially 'cheated' in the last path.

Spoiler for final path:
Spoiler for Final route:
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:29   Link #1122
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Hey everyone. I decided to post "2035" up on Youtube for those who want to hear it without having to download the audio. Again, if you want to see it, please go to my account here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMania2
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 21:23   Link #1123
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Oy, really :/? I'd be willing to try (especially since I'm actually using the extremely nifty Rikaichan hover dictionary and not just searching for everything...that would be frustrating), but now that I think about it Ever17 would be a lot longer than any of the other games I've read this way. And nothing I've read has ever been "scientific" in any way.

I'd much rather purchase it in some way, but I guess I could always buy the Japanese edition and, erm, "patch" it with the English edition. So I'm still wondering if anybody can think of an importer shop that I might be missing.


If you have a PSP and you're confident of your language skills, try out play-asia.com for their psp version. You can get either the standalone version of E17 or get Infinity Plus Portable which consists of all 4 games in the Infinity series. Also the PSP version has the tips section which solves a lot of question that was raised in the PC version.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 23:17   Link #1124
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
If you have a PSP and you're confident of your language skills, try out play-asia.com for their psp version. You can get either the standalone version of E17 or get Infinity Plus Portable which consists of all 4 games in the Infinity series. Also the PSP version has the tips section which solves a lot of question that was raised in the PC version.
Really? I had predicted that was the case with the TIPS section in Ever17, but you say it's really true? What questions does it answer?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 04:40   Link #1125
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
The real meaning behind the password in You's route, covers a bit of Cure Syndrome (not the virus) and so on. The only thing it doesn't cover is the hide and seek mystery. Will add more when I reached home and grab my psp.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 08:45   Link #1126
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
The real meaning behind the password in You's route, covers a bit of Cure Syndrome (not the virus) and so on. The only thing it doesn't cover is the hide and seek mystery. Will add more when I reached home and grab my psp.
Didn't the guy who made the LeMU.index site figure out the password meaning as well?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 10:21   Link #1127
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Spoiler for Password Meaning:
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 14:21   Link #1128
xBTAx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I've received my copy (thanks for that extra disk as well, Tokimemofan), and I'm looking forward to playing sometime in the next week or so. But that's not why I'm posting.

See, I put this on my half.com wishlist, and it seems that there's a copy selling for $30 right now. If anyone wants it, I'd suggest getting it while you can.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 15:15   Link #1129
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Thinking back on ever 17, I can't help but feel that the writers essentially 'cheated' in the last path.

Spoiler for final path:
I actually liked the fact they didn't showcase the events because it gave people the chance to pick up on some of them from hints:

Spoiler for Ever 17 final path:
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 20:42   Link #1130
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I actually liked the fact they didn't showcase the events because it gave people the chance to pick up on some of them from hints:

Spoiler for Ever 17 final path:
Spoiler for Coco's route:
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 17:43   Link #1131
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Oh hai topic! mind if I vent a little about a GameFAQs topic? this one specifically http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...itles/55427554
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:08   Link #1132
Eab1990
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Aha! Found You's Single Collection! Just recently posted on HF, thanks to smukherjee08 (who in turn, has Bacin to thank).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R78F717X
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 00:38   Link #1133
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
Hey guys, about the sequel to Ever 17, "Remember 11 -The Age of Infinity-"....

Shouldn't someone make an official topic for that game now that there's a full English translation available for it? I think it deserves it's own topic.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:27   Link #1134
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
You are talking about TLWiki translation? http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ge_of_infinity
I dont think its officially finished yet.
Also "sequel"? Are they related in any way other then just happening in the same world?
Oh and I dont think anyone will mind if you make separate thread for it.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:28   Link #1135
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Hey guys, about the sequel to Ever 17, "Remember 11 -The Age of Infinity-"....

Shouldn't someone make an official topic for that game now that there's a full English translation available for it? I think it deserves it's own topic.
It's fully translated...?


brb.




Also just started playing Ever17 again. I love this game, it was my first real anime experience.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 09:47   Link #1136
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
You are talking about TLWiki translation? http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ge_of_infinity
I dont think its officially finished yet.
Also "sequel"? Are they related in any way other then just happening in the same world?
Oh and I dont think anyone will mind if you make separate thread for it.
It actually happened before E17, so if anything, it'd be a prequel. No relationship besides the mention of Leiblich Pharmaceuticals in the tips and one other thing I won't mention.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 10:12   Link #1137
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Personally, I think we should make a R11 topic, but only after the full patch is out.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 13:25   Link #1138
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
You are talking about TLWiki translation? http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ge_of_infinity
I dont think its officially finished yet.
Also "sequel"? Are they related in any way other then just happening in the same world?
Oh and I dont think anyone will mind if you make separate thread for it.
I'm pretty sure that all the game routes are translated. The only thing's that aren't translated yet are the TIPS and a couple MENU's.

And I called it a sequel, because it was released after Ever 17.

Apparently, the translators for Remember 11 are thinking of doing 12 Riven (the 4th and final in the series) after they finish. I'm a little bit mixed on this because from what I can find, it has a different writer than the first 3 games. So I'm worried it won't be as good.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:29   Link #1139
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
I'm pretty sure that all the game routes are translated. The only thing's that aren't translated yet are the TIPS and a couple MENU's.

And I called it a sequel, because it was released after Ever 17.

Apparently, the translators for Remember 11 are thinking of doing 12 Riven (the 4th and final in the series) after they finish. I'm a little bit mixed on this because from what I can find, it has a different writer than the first 3 games. So I'm worried it won't be as good.
That's not what sequel means

Everything's translated (including the tips). The project's in the QC phase now, ie. people reading it over to make sure it's good to go. Patch hasn't been updated in a while though.
NTX won't do 12Riven because of unfavorable reviews and a lack of MC voices. Lors is in no rush to get started on a new project; he might be pulled along if someone else showed some gusto as a translator and spearheaded translation.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:38   Link #1140
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
I'm pretty sure that all the game routes are translated. The only thing's that aren't translated yet are the TIPS and a couple MENU's.
Yeah, aside from the TIPS, all the game text has been translated. The Satoru perspective hasn't been fully edited though.

Remember11 is an excellent game. I'd say that the writing is a huge improvement over Ever17, although the mysteries and sense of tension aren't as good. The Satoru half (written by just Uchikoshi and Nakazawa.....it seems that KID reassigned all the sub-writers different projects after they finished Kokoro's perspective) isn't so polished either.

Quote:
Apparently, the translators for Remember 11 are thinking of doing 12 Riven (the 4th and final in the series) after they finish. I'm a little bit mixed on this because from what I can find, it has a different writer than the first 3 games. So I'm worried it won't be as good.
It's the same writer, Kotaro Uchikoshi. He was the lead scenarist and visionary force behind all the Infinity games, so they definitely contracted the right person to do 12Riven. It was a solo effort that time though, whereas previous games were handled by a team of scriptwriters.

OTOH, the director of the previous Infinity games (the co-writer on the games as well), Takumi Nakazawa, wasn't involved.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.